Author Topic: Gifts  (Read 2138 times)

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • My favourite photo
Gifts
« on: January 21, 2011, 05:12:15 pm »
For those of you (especially Aussies) who are wondering what to give or send your Lovely as a gift that will be a real hit....try a pair of UGG boots. With their cold weather, UGG boots are a MUST and the genuine article from Australia is infinitely superior to any of the fakes that they can buy locally.

Ming just got hers yesterday (took 5 days to get there by Aust Post EMS Service)...absolutely delighted and her smile was a mile wide. She says that she will be the envy of every woman in Chengdu....MANY Brownie points for me (hahaha)

Offline Peter Arnold

• Milestogo
Re: Gifts
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 05:18:26 pm »
Great suggestion David. Wish I had thought of it as I only recently sent a birthday gift over. Yes, Brownie points are always handy!
It is never too late to be what you might have been

Offline kenny

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 05:46:53 pm »
I bought Linda a pair for Christmas and she loves them!

Offline halfpint

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 02:51:29 am »
Ugg!  I have to learn about fashion??
My qin ai de is in Shanghai, and I'm not

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 03:24:51 am »
No Halfpint...you dont need to learn about fashion.........but..........

I can tell you that any Man who even knows a little, little, little bit about fashion gets a big tick from the Ladies  ;D ;D ;D

And any advantage you can get is worth having !!!!!! I am fortunate, I was once the Fashion Buyer for a very upmarket , large scale Fashion Chain here in Aus...and it was a lot of fun and I learned a heap about women's fashion that has always stood me in good stead. I can also tune a carbie, change a flat and drink a coldie in 11 seconds ...but women dont get excited about that !!!!!

Cheers...David

Offline Chong

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 07:13:04 am »
Back when we were living in China, my wife brought a pair of "UGG" for 120 RMB off the Internet. By now, there's a small imperfection in the back heel that causes water to seep in. By all accounts, the box & packaging made it look like the real thing. I suspect that it may be a knock off.

Anyhow, young Chinese ladies loves buying off the Internet. "Taobao" is the most used buying site.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 04:25:59 pm by Chong »

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 06:24:56 pm »
Haha Chong...120 RMB...they weren't real UGG's.

Ming had a pair of "internet specials" and just the same as your Lady...they leaked and fell apart after a few weeks. That's what prompted me to send her a pair of "real" ones !!!

Aussie UGG's are something like 1200 RMB

David

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 08:07:02 pm »
David, as you know I am going over in a couple of weeks and now I have the perfect gift for everyone as it is winter there now (derrrr).  Thanks mate I just hope that customs does not hit me up for a commercial quantity tax for taking about 5 pairs over!
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 10:55:14 pm »
Jason

Easy...tell them your Lady is a centipede ... ;D ;D ;D. Have a great trip, I am sure the wedding will happen this time. I cant face the cold weather, we are going to Phuket instead. Will have a Chinese/Thai New Year...should be fun !!

Offline auburnkp

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 01:18:49 am »
I bought my wife a pair of ugg in Shanghai knowing they were fake. I told my wife that no one would know. Initially she did not want them, but gave in after I told her how much they cost in the US, $150. The biggest difference she said was the weight of the fake one, much heavier. Once we got home, I bought her a real pair. The fake ones are now gone. The real ones are worth it, much better craftsmanship.
AuburnKP

Offline Kiwi303

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 05:30:12 am »
heh... for warm booties, I'd go direct to the manufacturer, I know someone who makes and sells internationally, handcrafted possum fur slippers and booties.

Might be a bit of a problem if someone wanted some in Aussie, seeing as possums are protected there :D

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2011, 06:58:16 pm »
Kiwi

Bloody Possums aint protected around my house mate !!!!

I have a Maine Coon Cat (Mr Walter), this is an American breed and they were developed for hunting Racoons. Walter weighs in at 12 kilos and he just loves Possums  ;D ;D....and neighbourhood dogs............