Author Topic: confirmed feb dates of arrival  (Read 6286 times)

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
RE: confirmed feb dates of arrival
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2010, 05:08:49 am »
As my renewed 6 months visa is going to cost 939 yuans next week then maybe you should have a few red envelopes for me.   Bette still make that packets not envelopes because I know what Teds like when he hits the Ice Cream Parlour and otherwise I could well be hitchiking to Guangzhou.  I am looking to fly back to UK in the week that follows - anyone flying Qatar airlines to Heathrow between 22 and 26th february - I may need to hide in your hand luggage!!!

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Chong

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2010, 06:15:47 am »
Quote from: 'Willy The Londoner' pid='30059' dateline='1265105329'

As my renewed 6 months visa is going to cost 939 yuans next week then maybe you should have a few red envelopes for me.  Willy

939 Yuans ???  Willy ... I renewed my Canadian VISA for a one year multiple entry and it cost 630 Yuans. I did it in Jiangmen which oversees the district of Kaiping. It took two weeks for the process.

I wonder why the difference in cost :huh:

Regarding this topic, Sunny and I have to visit 13 households [ she has 13 uncles and aunts ] during the week starting Feb 14th. I'll keep in mind the propose date, venue and meeting time in GZ. :huh:

• Board Moderator
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2010, 10:07:34 am »
Quote from: 'Chong' pid='30065' dateline='1265109347'

Quote from: 'Willy The Londoner' pid='30059' dateline='1265105329'

As my renewed 6 months visa is going to cost 939 yuans next week then maybe you should have a few red envelopes for me.  Willy

939 Yuans ???  Willy ... I renewed my Canadian VISA for a one year multiple entry and it cost 630 Yuans. I did it in Jiangmen which oversees the district of Kaiping. It took two weeks for the process.

I wonder why the difference in cost :huh:

That is what is written on the paperwork I have to hand in to collect.  Mind you we are in the Posh area of Guangdong!!!! Mine will be resady in 7 days.  Refused to let me have a one year visa as we had only been married less than one week!!  It cut no ice when I said we had been shacking up together for 4 months.

Willy
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 10:08:57 am by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2010, 10:10:28 am »
Willy, I'm flying back to Paris through Doha on the 22nd, I can get you as far as Doha if you like, but having seen your pics, I wonder how Qatar Airlines will feel about the size of my carry on luggage :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

The Visa price difference is a "I treat you as you treat me" thing. With my German passport, my Visa (double entry) costs 30% less than for the Frenchies ... I guess the French charge Chinese applicants that much more.

Good luck with the 13 households Chong, sounds like some expedition :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin: But I'm sure it will be fun.
Go deep or don't go

David5o

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2010, 11:48:40 am »
Frank,

That's exactly how it works. .... They have a minimum visa charge, but for countries that over charge for visa's for there citizens, then they will do likewise to theirs .....  Same for most countries around the world....

David .....

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2010, 03:58:27 pm »
Quote from: 'Voiceroveip' pid='30071' dateline='1265123428'

Willy, I'm flying back to Paris through Doha on the 22nd, I can get you as far as Doha if you like, but having seen your pics, I wonder how Qatar Airlines will feel about the size of my carry on luggage :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

The Visa price difference is a "I treat you as you treat me" thing. With my German passport, my Visa (double entry) costs 30% less than for the Frenchies ... I guess the French charge Chinese applicants that much more.

Good luck with the 13 households Chong, sounds like some expedition :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin: But I'm sure it will be fun.

Hi Frank,

That's quite typical actually.  When I visit my relatives, it's a madhouse.  Last trip, I had to break my days up into lunch and dinner appointments and then book them.  Otherwise I wouldn't have seen most of my aunts, uncles and family friends...
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline Chong

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2010, 04:07:35 pm »
Quote from: 'Willy The Londoner' pid='30070' dateline='1265123254'

Mine will be resady in 7 days.  Refused to let me have a one year visa as we had only been married less than one week!!  It cut no ice when I said we had been shacking up together for 4 months.

Willy

Maybe it's the 'shacking' part that shocked them ... LOL.

I got married Dec 4th and my VISA renewal went in Jan 18th. No problem to get the One Year, Multiple Entry. Odd thing is that the new VISA doesn't say anything that I have to exit out in 30/60/90 days and re-enter ... like the VISA issued in Canada. Any thoughts, guys ???
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 01:11:21 am by Chong »

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2010, 05:35:53 pm »
I have had one year multiple entry on all of my visa's.  My next one will come up in May.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

ttwjr32

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2010, 06:05:43 pm »
i was married for 3 days and got my residence visa good for 1 year with multiple entries
Willy your reputation preceded you  hahaha  and i dont eat ice cream any more  hahaha

ttwjr32

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2010, 01:11:15 pm »
you dont have to leave with the 1 yr visa but if you do u can leave multiple times and come back

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2010, 12:27:13 pm »
Bags packed, all that's left to do is catch my plane tomorrow, look forward to seeing you guys in GZ!
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2010, 04:55:58 pm »
Quote from: 'pr1969' pid='29292' dateline='1264437723'

You betcha - secret's safe with me (unless Willy reads this post, of course!) :) It's going to be a blast - best, Peter :)

Ha ha
it's safe mate, he can't read, he's English hahaa

Seriously though, I am jealous of all you guy's:icon_mrgreen:  Wish I was going to be there.  Hope you all have a great time and super trip, have a drink for me:icon_biggrin:
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 05:01:52 pm by Scottish_Rob »

ttwjr32

« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2010, 07:45:50 pm »
looking forward to meeting up with you again Irish
have a good trip over here

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2010, 03:28:05 am »
Well, Nina and her Niece are Guangzhou now for New Year.  I wish I could be there with them, next year for sure.  I would be nice to meet you guys.  Have a great time and we'd love to see some pictures.
...as irresistible as chocolate

• Board Moderator
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2010, 03:43:33 am »
Got my visa back yesterday.  It is only for six months but is is a multiple - I can stay here right up to the last day on it. No need to leave the country and come back again.  

I am sure that in my time here I have not upset any government official.  a few fathers maybe!!!LOL  but I cannot recall any of them being in the Government!!

But if my bank do not hurry up with my new bank card I may have to skip the country!!!!LOL   If it is not here by Friday I would say it will be another week at least because of the New Year Holiday.  So I may be hitching it to GZ for the 20th.LOL!!!!!

Willy
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 03:44:41 am by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner