Author Topic: Agency "blind dates", your experience?  (Read 3131 times)

Offline Cam

RE: Agency "blind dates", your experience?
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2010, 11:59:17 pm »
The mantle piece one I've known since I was a kid in Aus another on is........take two paper bags in case the first one falls off.

David5o

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2010, 07:20:32 am »
Yes Cam, .... i heard that one too when i was a kid, only small variation to yours, ...it was always stated as ''Brown'' paper bags!! ...lol!!!

David...

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2010, 12:27:14 pm »
Then there is the one about wrapping her in the flag of your country, and doing it for your country.

Offline jeffm

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2010, 10:31:15 am »
Quote from: 'Cam' pid='28935' dateline='1264085457'

Go for it, it's only going to cost you a dinner and a couple of hours of your time, I got set up on one last Sunday, the Friday before I had been out drinking (a lot) with the new boss and a few of her colleagues, there were 3 women there & 2 tried to come onto me but I was too blind drunk to do or remember much, anyhow I mentioned to her the next day that I quite liked her friend, she got all excited and I thought.....great, I got a call on Sunday morning asking if I would like to go out with her (the boss) her boyfriend and this girl so obviously I said yes, they picked me up about 2 hours later and there in the back seat was a ..................FAT GIRL who I had completely forgotten was even there the Friday before hahaha, I spent all night giving her American boyfriend the daggers as he knew what was happening...............Bastard.

LOL!!!  A nightmare
Yeah actually in the midwestern states the saying is the same.  If your married or taken  it goes "I can look at the menu, but  I just can't order from it".
I'm here in Nanning now attempting this blind date thing.  Frank we can share notes.  Maybe I can give you a heads up on my experience.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 10:38:16 am by jeffm »
Watch what people do not what they say

Offline odysseus007

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2010, 10:52:04 am »
Quote from: 'Cam' pid='28935' dateline='1264085457'

Go for it, it's only going to cost you a dinner and a couple of hours of your time, I got set up on one last Sunday, the Friday before I had been out drinking (a lot) with the new boss and a few of her colleagues, there were 3 women there & 2 tried to come onto me but I was too blind drunk to do or remember much, anyhow I mentioned to her the next day that I quite liked her friend, she got all excited and I thought.....great, I got a call on Sunday morning asking if I would like to go out with her (the boss) her boyfriend and this girl so obviously I said yes, they picked me up about 2 hours later and there in the back seat was a ..................FAT GIRL who I had completely forgotten was even there the Friday before hahaha, I spent all night giving her American boyfriend the daggers as he knew what was happening...............Bastard.

As the saying goes, "It ain't over til the FAT LADY sings!" :icon_cheesygrin:

I prefer to be sober when doing such things, but in my experience the so-called blind dates depend on who is introducing. Many times those who are introduced by good friends are quite decent looking or even hot, but by strangers or agencies may be iffy. I also sometimes pick up gals from public places. It is not too hard.
Men are great thinkers coz they have 2 heads (just don't think with the wrong one!) & women are great talkers coz they have 2...:icon_cheesygrin:

ttwjr32

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2010, 06:01:56 pm »
what about "she has a great personality" that is usually the
kiss of death in a blind date. when you are told this about
your blind date

rockycoon

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2010, 08:12:19 pm »
Just be glad it was a "her" and not a "him"...haha

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2010, 05:09:19 pm »
Jeff, yes we'll compare notes, actually these dates are personality blind only, I qualified some pictures, one looks very sweet, but what about her personality? Actually I read your Nanning blind date report, hehe I'm optimistic now ...
Go deep or don't go