Author Topic: Who has been on the bullet train?  (Read 2341 times)

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
RE: Who has been on the bullet train?
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2010, 01:03:19 am »
Quote from: 'David5o' pid='30036' dateline='1265071123'

Willy,

What i can remember of Spring Festival travel, is that for those that could, started traveling upto a month beforehand. Because they knew full well the closer you get to the holiday, the more difficult it's going to be to travel anywhere in China. It's also going to be mad at the train stations for at least two weeks after the holiday as well.

The whole of China goes mad during this festival, the roads are packed (including the motorways), the trains are packed solid, and the internal flights are tripled and all booked!!! Try getting a  booking at any half decent restaurant even...haha!!!

But hey!!, you'd be a fool to pass up the chance to experience it all!! ....haha!!  
So enjoy your first Chinese New Year, and enjoy it, ...being married to your new Wife....

Happy Holiday to you both!!

David...

Thanks David
You know she is more than happy that I am not making a trip back to the UK until the end of February.  Probably not because I will be here for Chinese New Year but rather the fact that I got an Qatar flight for just on 3300 rmb!!! rather than the 9000 they wanted this week!

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Vince G

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2010, 10:26:10 am »
Here's the info for the US Bullet train.

Florida and California are far more advanced than other states that are planning rail improvements. A consortium of nine Midwestern states, for example, is trying to coax more speed out of aging tracks shared with freight trains.

Article 1

And,
Artical 2
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 10:26:28 am by Vince G »

ttwjr32

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2010, 07:32:31 pm »
this will be my 3rd chinese new year in china and i
am looking forward to it even though there will be
a as we can say a gazillion people. its always a fun and
happy time to meet many people and enjoy the festivities
they have here for the new year