Author Topic: Gifts for family?  (Read 6804 times)

laowai2

Re: Gifts for family?
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2010, 08:57:09 am »
For UK members I can recommend taking a bag of packets of Maltezers, kids and ladies love them. Also if you are invited to dinner to a friend or relatives place, it is normal practice to buy fruit on the way there. A pack of Matchmakers will also go down well. As previously mentioned, chocolates are always popular but in my experience dark chocolate is sometimes found to be a little strong flavoured. If you have the space, a box of assorted biscuits is also well appreciated. Fox's have some in a useful reusable plastic box. On one trip I took some packets of instant soup as we were travelling around. They proved to be very popular and more were requested. (The type you simmer in a saucepan taste better...if you can find a saucepan)  ::) Another unlikely item was UK type tea bags, not very romantic but well liked. Unless you know that a particular perfume is liked I would recommend a light "flowery" fragrance. If your lady is interested in where you come and you can record TV programmes on DVD, record some editions of Country File, Coast (or similar) and the house finding programmes.  If they are English speakers or learning, you might find they will enjoy period dramas (Jane Eyre etc). UK PAL DVD's work fine in China, (US NTSC DVD's might be a problem)