Author Topic: Your home  (Read 19117 times)

rockycoon

RE: Your home
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2010, 09:58:50 pm »
Dear Chen,
So you  live on an Island?  Very nice photo - excellent photo  !!!  :icon_cheesygrin:

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2010, 11:21:22 pm »
Nice Photos Rob.  But one day they will take a picture when Barrow in Furness is OPEN.!!!!!!LOL:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2010, 12:46:46 pm »
Quote from: 'Willy The Londoner' pid='30946' dateline='1265689282'

Nice Photos Rob.  But one day they will take a picture when Barrow in Furness is OPEN.!!!!!!LOL:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Willy

You.....You....You mean it's NOT....:huh:

LOL

rockycoon

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2010, 09:08:58 pm »
I would have to have a boat if I lived there Chen.....:icon_cheesygrin:

Offline Cam

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2010, 11:14:43 pm »
Hey David E, how old is that pic taken from South Perth? No bell tower, no ferris wheel and it looks like Alan Bonds old tower still has the R&I sign on it. Which suburb you in? I'm in Mullaloo when I'm home.

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2010, 12:01:06 am »
Quote from: 'Cam' pid='31155' dateline='1265775283'

Hey David E, how old is that pic taken from South Perth? No bell tower, no ferris wheel and it looks like Alan Bonds old tower still has the R&I sign on it. Which suburb you in? I'm in Mullaloo when I'm home.

That photo is from a Tourist Book that I have had for ages......way out of date as you say.

All the other photos are real and taken with my own camera. I guess the Tourist view of Perth City from the South Perth foreshore must be 10 years old !!!

I live in Brookland Greens (Canningvale) and I have my Offices in South Perth.

I used to live in Northshore...quite close to you...back in the days when I was a married Man !!!

Thats why I moved South of the River...to get as far away from that piece if history as possible :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Cheers

David

Offline Andy

« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2010, 12:06:36 pm »
Need to talk with my pool guy, the water looks rather dirty in the backyard. The trees you could use some trimming too. I need to get fire someone here to get this place right? :icon_cheesygrin:[attachment=1517]

ttwjr32

« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2010, 06:07:45 pm »
Andy-- hire some of those illegals  that cross the border
          they do great work:icon_cheesygrin:

David5o

« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2010, 04:22:20 pm »

Meant to post this after i posted my main house here in Cyprus, but slipped my mind i guess...lol
Anyway, this is the rental house i purchased as an investment. That's a bit of a joke right now, considering no-ones got any money in Europe...haha!!!!

The small 110 sq mt house is located on a smallish compound comprising of just 9 houses centered around a communial swimming pool in the village of Pervolia. It's just a 3 minute drive from my house and is more of a tourist area, than a village settinig like where i live....
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 06:30:40 pm by David5o »

ttwjr32

« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2010, 06:28:45 pm »
David,

pick the mail up its overflowing lol

Ted

David5o

« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2010, 06:34:41 pm »
Ted,

Bit late now, ...that was taken a couple of years ago.... It's mainly junk stuff anyway, like carrefours fliers hahaha!!

David....

ttwjr32

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2010, 06:54:00 pm »
i used to get the neighbors remove my mail at my houses to
keep the undesirables out especially the one in the mountains
took my neighbor 15 minutes to get there every day and it just
cost me 3 cases of beer when i came there in the summer

David5o

« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2010, 07:07:15 pm »
Ted,

One big reason i came to live in Cyprus, was the fact that there is very little crime here. You rarely hear of any house breaking going on over here, and if there is an instance, it normally turns out to be a tourist or a foreigner..

That mess of mail probably was only delivered that day anyway, as the next door neighbour normally takes in any mail for us and chucks the the junk!!  lol!!!

Actually i've gotten into some real bad habits here, like leaving the keys to the car in the ignition overnight, and other silly things I'm ashamed to mention. haha!!! Hell i wouldn't be able to do that in the UK or most other places i can think of!!!   So i'm going to have to be careful on trips back home and keep reminding myself, ....i'm not in Cyprus now!!!  lol!!!  

David......
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 07:14:58 pm by David5o »

rockycoon

« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2010, 11:18:02 pm »
I live in Seligman and we don't remove car keys, or lock doors, shopping stuff in the back of a pickup will still be there in the morning, go into town and come back the
next day, house unlocked, nothing missing.  Love living here.  only time we roll up windows is when it rains or snows....only crime is idiots going down I-40 with a truck load of weed, and they get
them anyway...  so quiet, you can hear the train 10 miles away and even the alien spaceships don't come around...haha
We are totally lost and forgotten (except at tax time).
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 11:21:23 pm by rockycoon »

Vince G

« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2010, 11:53:20 pm »
Man I wish I could be so lack that I wouldn't have to worry about keys and such, BUT just last week I went to Home Depot to put a order for delivery in and they jimmied my door locks open and stole tools from the van parked RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE HD DOORS. I've found my place now, before I moved in with the front door pried open with a crowbar. Who needs keys?