Author Topic: An Irishmans adventures in China - the homecoming!  (Read 8935 times)

ttwjr32

RE: An Irishmans adventures in China - the homecoming!
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2010, 02:31:00 am »
which supermmarket is that Ronan??

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2010, 04:24:41 am »
Rhonan,

I can fill you in on the fake iPhones a little ... there is a "3GS" that has Wifi, 3G, dual SIM, dual cam. In Shenzhen it was offered to me at 850 RMB and I tested the wifi which worked no problems. I was also told that battery life is better than the original and that any iPhone apps will work on it (cloned iPhone OS on there). Since you'll be local, get the seller to commit to a warranty as some models (not sure about this one, the seller said the one with TV antenna had quality issues, not this one, but then he's the seller right?) seem to have problems.

I'll get one when I move to China or maybe a 4GS by that time lol

Frank
Go deep or don't go

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2010, 01:37:16 am »
Quote from: 'ttwjr32' pid='32374' dateline='1266910260'

which supermmarket is that Ronan??

Its not one of the big chain stores Ted, the name is in Chinese also which doesn't help! Its accross the main road to the right the C exit at South China Normal University MTR stop.

Boy, is it heaven in Guangzhou today!

Its about 28°C with a light breeze and sunshine, the locals ladies are shedding clothes and I just shared lunch with Sunny and she showed me around her office which was nice (the work canteen lunch was 8RMB for a huge meal i couldn't even finish...great value and quality!).
She's back in work now and I'm nursing a cold beer, it doesn't get any better than this :icon_cheesygrin:
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2010, 02:32:01 am »
It is too darn cold in Beijing.  I am freezing my butt off.  I got a cold on the 14th and have not been able to shake it off.  Down in my lungs now. Good thing my wife is a nurse, she is giving me IV's everyday for 3 days.  I envy you the weather Irish. I wont be back in February again, at least not in the north.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2010, 03:04:19 am »
Forecast warm (high 20's C all week) here Jim for the next week, Ted and i would welcome you to Guangzhou for sure if you can swing it :)  
It was below 10°C here for my first week, i couldn't believe it with damp cold, really chilling to the bone. Then the weather then changed and got 20°C hotter within 48 hours, nuts!! Inside all the walls and stone floors are slick with the moisture and the subway has has had a bunch of outages due to the amount of water condensing on the still cold surfaces.
Its crazy to see it for me- but Sunny assures me it is normal here for the time of year here.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

ttwjr32

« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2010, 03:51:43 am »
this is very normal for GZ this time of year and yes the women are shedding clothes
so its time to put the blinders on so i dont get in trouble looking :dodgy:

brett

« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2010, 06:25:51 am »
Wow, women shedding clothes, GZ sounds great. On the other hand in Japan the young women think there's nothing strange about wearing stockings and suspenders and garters in the street - if I had a Japanese wife and we went to her home town can you just imagine the trouble I would get in for looking!!!

It's slightly spring-like in the UK today but the weekend weather forecast is horrendous. This has been a nightmare winter, especially as nobody can be bothered to clear pavement ice anymore :dodgy:.

Arnold

« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2010, 11:21:15 am »
Hahaha ... all I do is go to Venice Beach here in LA . Nothing left to the imagination with some of those Women ... skating , biking or just sunning themselves . Since I can have three GF , it's not a NO-NO for me .:icon_cheesygrin::blush:

ttwjr32

« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2010, 05:44:00 pm »
Arnold,

i remember Venice beach quite well from my younger days lol got myself in quite a few
situations there lol

i need to give you my home phone in China so your wife can tell my wife the benefits of
me having 3 girlfreinds   hahahahah

just kidding of course as i have a really wonderful lady here in Guangzhou

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2010, 05:12:48 am »
We had freezing rain this morning.  spent the day inside.  Decided to stay in bed until 10:30.  I love the cuddle up time. then we went ot the Generals home for lunch.  I wish we could come to GZ, but I leave in four days and still have some things to get done.

Jia Fu and YunXiang
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

ttwjr32

« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2010, 11:43:04 am »
well Jim can we hope to see some pics soon?

Arnold

« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2010, 12:36:01 pm »
I can see you Irish ... but I have nothing to read !!!:icon_cheesygrin:

Hope for some great update soon and I'm sure so are other's . I know you in good Hands , but think of us .

ttwjr32

« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2010, 06:17:04 pm »
yes i was wondering were all your pics are?  lol