Author Topic: How much should I expect to shell out on a 2 week visit.  (Read 5212 times)

Scottish_Rob

RE: How much should I expect to shell out on a 2 week visit.
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2010, 03:13:52 pm »
Mike in total I spent $2674.00 (£1.440.00) that included airfare from the UK, hotel for 2 weeks and the rest on spending money.

Across the road at the Bus Station in Handan, there is a nice restaurant.  the Hotpot is GORGEOUS:icon_biggrin:

ttwjr32

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2010, 05:32:28 pm »
David is correct, dont exchange money at home as the rate in China is far better.
When i flew here all the time out of SanFrancisco i would exchange only 50 usa
dollars there so i had money when i landed in China. I did that because i would
like to pay for the cab fare from the airport and for something to eat for whoever met
me. if i remember correctly when i came here in sept the rate in san fran was 5.56 and when
i went to the bank of china the next day it was 6.87 so the difference is quite a lot but i guess
thats how they make their money.

Offline Folsom Mike

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2010, 07:23:58 pm »
You guys are real pros. Really appreciate all the good advice. If any of you run a guide business where I'm going let me know because I could definately use your services. Thanks for the restaurant tip Scottish_Rob, I'll have to stop in while I'm in Handan.

Offline zook144

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2010, 08:51:48 pm »
Folson Mike,
I am heading for Handan in about 3 weeks. I assume we are seeing ladies from the same agency. If you want, I will let you know any good restaurants, hotels, and whatever else I come across.  I plan on visiting the agency while there, too.   And since Rob mentioned it, I  will check out the restaurant also . PM me if there is anything in particular you'd like me to check out.

Don
The Journey Is The Destination

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2010, 09:48:24 pm »
It's quite a big open place.. the bar faces the front door.....The beef tated quite good too...not too pricy...

Although I did not like the look of Handan, so was quite pleased I never got the job I was there for...However, what my taste is, may not be your taste...BUT you guy's enjoy the trips:icon_biggrin:

Offline RegnisTheGreat

• www.secretasianman.ca
    • http://www.secretasianman.ca
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2010, 10:09:33 pm »
Quote from: 'Willy The Londoner' pid='31335' dateline='1265897604'

Quote from: 'David5o' pid='31329' dateline='1265895215'

RegnisTheGreat,

Jeez, ....What the hell did you spend 15 thousand dollars on???? You must have been giving it away !!!   haha!!!

David.......

Perhaps he will leave the car he bought with me.LOL:icon_cheesygrin:
Willy

Sorry, that was 15,000RMB not $15,000. It was two week in Shenzhen not counting accommodations. It was the first time with my ex wife in China, we had a banquet and it was 1200RMB/table and we had 5 tables.

Offline Folsom Mike

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2010, 01:03:24 am »
Thanks Don, awefully nice of you! There's a translator in the Handan office by the name of Freya. She has been extremely helpful and very nice. Please tell her I said hello!

Offline zook144

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2010, 05:51:14 am »
Quote from: 'Folsom Mike' pid='31463' dateline='1265954604'

Thanks Don, awefully nice of you! There's a translator in the Handan office by the name of Freya. She has been extremely helpful and very nice. Please tell her I said hello!

No problem, Mike.  Happy to do it.

Don
The Journey Is The Destination

Offline seagull

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2010, 08:51:37 am »
Quote from: 'Josh Markley' pid='31264' dateline='1265851800'

In my experience I spent less than 1000 dollars.

I was there 10 days, 6 days in Beijing and 4 days in Baoding.  Also out of that 1000 dollars i payed for my hotel about 250 dollars.  Hope this helps a liitle and there are more guys who have spent more time in Beijing than I have they will have a different take.

Josh, you must have got the bargain of the century, espcially to make your way there from the middle of the USA for $1000! I had planned to go from Australia to Wuhan to meet a girl last year (did not eventuate) and the airfare was around $1500 and hotel around $700. Quite expensive for a 10 day trip. I found it costs more to fly to Wuhan than London and hotels there are a lot pricier than in South East Asia. China does not seem like a cheap destination.

ttwjr32

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2010, 03:44:12 pm »
Seagull, i think Josh was just talking about the money spent there including
           hotel. dont think he was including the air fair.

your right China could be an expensive destination if you dont plan and
          co-ordinate properly. book ur flights and the first night hotel but dont book
          the whole trip from home. thats were you pay top dollars. or have your lady
          book it. when there evrything is negotiated. but if you lock in top price at
          home then your paying that price. Voiceoviep(frank) can attest to that as we
          went to a hotel he might stay at in gz and the prices were given to him anywere
          from 450 to i think 680 but when we talked to them then it was 231

David5o

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2010, 05:29:44 pm »
Ted,

Good advise, i've mentioned the same thing here in the past. Your dead right, where money is conserned ...everything in China is negotable!!  lol!! If the bro's are coming here for the first time, always get there lady to negotiate and book the hotel.... As you say, ... there are big savings to be made!!!

David....

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2010, 01:26:30 am »
I booked all the hotels and paid for all the travel when I was in Beijing and Baoding... $1000 is plenty...unless you're aiming pretty high in terms of the hotel.  But if all you're doing in the hotel is sleeping, then business hotels are sufficient (internet is a little slow, but good enough for most things).  In Beijing, you're looking at roughly $25 to $35 a night for a business hotel...  In Baoding, for a little bit more (~$40-45) you could get a 4-star hotel room.  I never really ate at the hotel, instead going for some of the mom and pop restaurants...you never know when you'll find a gem there.

Keep an eye on ctrips and check out the ratings on tripadvisor.com.
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

ttwjr32

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2010, 02:22:27 am »
Yes the room is for sleeping and showering as long as its clean then you
have more money for the outside. that was my policy on my trips to vegas
3 times a year :icon_cheesygrin:

Offline Josh Markley

• Inmate #cqa1265789
    • http://joshchinaadventure.blogspot.com/
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2010, 07:05:28 pm »
[/quote]

Josh, you must have got the bargain of the century, espcially to make your way there from the middle of the USA for $1000! I had planned to go from Australia to Wuhan to meet a girl last year (did not eventuate) and the airfare was around $1500 and hotel around $700. Quite expensive for a 10 day trip. I found it costs more to fly to Wuhan than London and hotels there are a lot pricier than in South East Asia. China does not seem like a cheap destination.
[/quote]

I did not include my airfare.  My airfare was close to a grand it self.  Just spent the $1000 on my room, food, travel (Bus, taxi, subway, train), and gifts.
麥杰德
QQ 859407630

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2010, 07:18:19 pm »
Mike I don't knpw what I was on the night I posted about the restauant...The town I went to was Rizhao NOT Handan...Sorry bro

:huh::huh::huh::@:huh::s....Ooooppppssssss lol:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin: