Author Topic: CHINAS OLD WORLD CHARM  (Read 1508 times)

ttwjr32

CHINAS OLD WORLD CHARM
« on: March 05, 2010, 12:17:34 pm »
Here is something i have wanted to say for a while but for some reason havent. So here it is. Yes i live in Guangzhou but i want to say i have been coming to China since 2000 just exploring most of the time. And i must say you should consider when you come here to venture out with your lady to the smaller cities. Y ou would be absolutely astounded with what you will see in these small out of the way places. And the landscapes are just beautiful. Its something that i liked to do quite often
and really need to get back into this with my wife at my side. If only she could get more time off of work. Its just such an old world charm in these places and there is a lot of history going back thousands of years in these places. All worth the trip and time. So do something different and venture out with your lady to some of these places and stay away from the bigger cities. You could always do that later. You will really enjoy it. take it from someone who has done it. All those trips over the years and this summer will be my first to Bejing. And i dont regret it as i have seen some really beautiful things and learned a lot and met some wonderful people in these places.

Ted

Offline odysseus007

RE: CHINAS OLD WORLD CHARM
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 02:18:03 pm »
Quote from: 'ttwjr32' pid='33292' dateline='1267809454'

Here is something i have wanted to say for a while but for some reason havent. So here it is. Yes i live in Guangzhou but i want to say i have been coming to China since 2000 just exploring most of the time. And i must say you should consider when you come here to venture out with your lady to the smaller cities. Y ou would be absolutely astounded with what you will see in these small out of the way places. And the landscapes are just beautiful. Its something that i liked to do quite often
and really need to get back into this with my wife at my side. If only she could get more time off of work. Its just such an old world charm in these places and there is a lot of history going back thousands of years in these places. All worth the trip and time. So do something different and venture out with your lady to some of these places and stay away from the bigger cities. You could always do that later. You will really enjoy it. take it from someone who has done it. All those trips over the years and this summer will be my first to Bejing. And i dont regret it as i have seen some really beautiful things and learned a lot and met some wonderful people in these places.

Ted

You are right about that Ted, I have been in China more than 10 times - East, West, Centre, - the smaller cities of Yunnan are picture perfect. One day I think I shall revisit with my gal, whomever she may be :icon_cheesygrin:
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 02:18:42 pm by odysseus007 »
Men are great thinkers coz they have 2 heads (just don't think with the wrong one!) & women are great talkers coz they have 2...:icon_cheesygrin:

rockycoon

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 11:55:23 pm »
Any suggestions Ted as to the city's (small towns) and what to look for and see ??

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 12:05:42 am »
China's Old World Charm !!!
Thought he was talking about me again!:icon_cool:

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

brett

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 04:20:21 am »
Yes the little villages are great. Miss Wu and I went on a boat trip to one, there was a famous temple, a famous very old tree, and a very old couple in a glass case. No it wasn't Mr & Mrs Willy!!!!

ttwjr32

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 05:13:49 am »
One of my favrorite cities is Guilin but the best thing is to just pick out a
 province and go see the the surrounding cities. Half if not more i dont remember
 their names but when i was coming here i would go to cities like Guilin,Guiyang,
 Chongching, and so forth and then i would venture out all around those cities
 to these smaller towns and had the time of my life. i always ended back at the original
 city after a few weeks or month. you would be surprised how welcome you are and
 how the people want to chat with you.

Living Planet tour book has the mian cities and then all the surrounding ones in
the area and that was what i used with my translator.

Ted

Offline chen yan

• http://chenyan19851010.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 01:06:07 am »
Ted,Since I know you like Guilin,So I post some photos here.
It is about a balloon trip in Yangshuo town.
Love ,Joy ,Peace~

ttwjr32

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 04:01:56 am »
Yan,
very nice pics maybe one day i will do that here in China.
i did ballon rides 4 times in usa and it was great
Ted

ttwjr32

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2010, 06:00:17 pm »
something the Guangzhou government was doing was tearing down a lot of the
old buildings to build new and they have finally stopped that as many people
complained about all the history that was going with it