Author Topic: China money options?  (Read 4939 times)

David5o

RE: China money options?
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2010, 07:48:13 pm »
Willy,

POOR!!!!  .....The banks are making money right now and BIG money at that, they just don't want to give us any, even though it was US that bailed the bastards out!!

Haven't you heard about the scandal that's going on with the British banks back home, giving themselves enormous bonuses, without paying back a single penny in loans/bail out money from the government. Plumb bloody crazy state of affairs... most of these bosses should be in jail for out and out fraud....

David....

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2010, 08:20:44 pm »
Quote from: 'David5o' pid='32410' dateline='1266972493'

Willy,

POOR!!!!  .....The banks are making money right now and BIG money at that, they just don't want to give us any, even though it was US that bailed the bastards out!!

Haven't you heard about the scandal that's going on with the British banks back home, giving themselves enormous bonuses, without paying back a single penny in loans/bail out money from the government. Plumb bloody crazy state of affairs... most of these bosses should be in jail for out and out fraud....

David....

Definately following the banks problems like Barclays only making 11 billion poinds profit.  My POOR was in sarcastic terms!!!  

They have to start paying back the loans at the end of this year which means that mortgaes although difficult to get now will be even more so in 2011 and loans to businsses will drop as well and that in turn will cause another credit crisis that could be worse than the one they are still going through.  

You in the western world have still to do some belt tightening.

Willy

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Vince G

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2010, 09:19:04 pm »
If I do anymore belt tightening the buckle will be behind me?

Here in the US (without getting politicy) they are going to regulate the banks and insurance companies to make sure they do what they must without screwing people. They just started with the credit cards. This came into effect this last Monday. But the CC companies are already looking for loopholes to get around it.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 09:20:10 pm by Vince G »

David5o

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2010, 10:58:45 am »
Willy,

The general consensus is that, they won't be paying anything back for 5 years!!! But they will be giving themselves ''Enormous Bonuses'' during that time. Makes you wonder doesn't it, these are the same people that, that brought their banks to there knees, and they were pulling enormous bonuses then too. Then you have these pricks, that turn round and say, you have to pay bonuses to keep the best people working for the company (Bank)!!!!! .....So can someone tell me, ... If these people are the best, what the hell were the worst people getting up too during these banks downfalls????

David.....

• Board Moderator
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2010, 05:08:37 am »
Quote from: 'David5o' pid='32484' dateline='1267027125'

Willy,

The general consensus is that, they won't be paying anything back for 5 years!!! But they will be giving themselves ''Enormous Bonuses'' during that time. Makes you wonder doesn't it, these are the same people that, that brought their banks to there knees, and they were pulling enormous bonuses then too. Then you have these pricks, that turn round and say, you have to pay bonuses to keep the best people working for the company (Bank)!!!!! .....So can someone tell me, ... If these people are the best, what the hell were the worst people getting up too during these banks downfalls????

David.....

According to some financial Euro wizard they have to start paying money back in January.  But I hear what you say.  RBS is paying staff 1.3 billion in bonus after posting a loss of 5 billion!!!

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Vince G

« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2010, 08:09:30 am »
Imagine getting a few million bonus for work well done when the company you work for is in the crapper? Yeah, good work?

David5o

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2010, 10:38:06 am »
What these banks were doing, that took all of them to the crapper, was breaking every banking rule in the book.... They were also lying to government ombudsman, there stockholders, as well as to each other to boot!! Greed got the better of them, on paper they were making money hand over fist, but in reality, they were just passing around (buying and selling) worthless bit's of paper... They had all been warned upto 18 months prior, that these practices were unsustainable, and that the shit WILL hit the fan in the very near future when someone/institution stands up and asks for actual CASH!! But all carried on regardless, only thinking of there next big bonus, and spent even more money that they didn't have to spend!!

Many top legal beavers from the US, UK, Europe believe that all of these top brass bank guys could be successfully prosecuted for company fraud. As yet i have not personally heard of a single one of them being prosecuted. Only a very few were actually relieved (sacked) of there positions, or have even been forced to retire, albeit on fat-cat pensions, whether sacked or retiring....

David..

Offline zook144

« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2010, 11:29:13 am »
Quote from: 'Vince G' pid='32423' dateline='1266977944'

Here in the US (without getting politicy) they are going to regulate the banks and insurance companies to make sure they do what they must without screwing people. They just started with the credit cards. This came into effect this last Monday. But the CC companies are already looking for loopholes to get around it.

What the card companies did, was change the rules before the deadline. Government gave them a few months to get ready for the changes. So, naturally, they raised the rates before the new regulations went into effect. I have only one CC that I use much. It was pretty reasonable as far as interest rates go. But a few weeks ago, I received their "new" terms. They changed it to a variable interest rate and it upped the interest rate another 2-3 percent. Thankfully, I don't use it that much, but it still burns my butt to think about it.
Don
The Journey Is The Destination

ttwjr32

« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2010, 05:10:31 pm »
as usual with the banks the little guys pay for their stupid
mistakes and blunders. just imagine when i owned my business
and if i screwed it up would the feds have given me money to
right it? no way in @@@@

Vince G

« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2010, 11:49:51 pm »
I haven't had a credit card since 2003-2004. I had a few and stupidly I paid them all off? The reward for this was going from an 6% interest rate to 26%? They sent a "note" saying I have to send them a letter or it will remain at that interest. I sent it and they seemed never to receive it even though it was certified mail? I gave them a few choice words told them what to do with it and that was that. Almost the same with auto insurance. I bought a new SUV in 2003. A few months in they raised the bill $400.00? I asked why? No accidents or tickets? They gave a poor excuse a few months later they did it again. You see they thought they had me by the b***s a new SUV can't sell it without losing money? So they thought. My last word to them was "For being greedy, Now you get nothing". Back me against a wall and I'm coming out swinging.

ttwjr32

« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2010, 10:37:57 am »
there is a copy of the 500 rmb note

also the 500 rmb note from the USA
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 10:39:33 am by ttwjr32 »

• Board Moderator
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2010, 12:36:25 am »
Quote from: 'David5o' pid='32572' dateline='1267112286'

Many top legal beavers from the US, UK, Europe believe that all of these top brass bank guys could be successfully prosecuted for company fraud. As yet i have not personally heard of a single one of them being prosecuted. Only a very few were actually relieved (sacked) of there positions, or have even been forced to retire, albeit on fat-cat pensions, whether sacked or retiring....

David..

Yet a friend of mine got 5 years when the company he worked for went bust.

He was the financial director and he took the rap for the Chairman and MD who had covered their own ass.

He did far less than these bankers -

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2010, 03:17:26 am »
Oh, speaking of money pictures, here's a good one:
[attachment=1758]
...as irresistible as chocolate