Author Topic: How long are statutory declarations valid for?  (Read 7500 times)

David5o

RE: How long are statutory declarations valid for?
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2010, 11:34:39 am »
Ted,

The certificate of no impediment is just that, .... it says that you are single and FREE to marry as of the time the certificate was issued. The Divorce niciei is another document altogether, some guys have never been married!!!

As i said before, if you get your certificate of no impediment from your embassy in China, you don't need this Notary thing, So why would you need if the single certificate is issued in your home county?  I'll state again, i've not known anyone getting married in China to need this buckshee certificate, the register office just don't ask for it, only the Chinese embassies in your home countries!!! Just another document to stamp and charge for.....

David....

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2010, 12:11:40 pm »
Quote from: 'David5o' pid='34273' dateline='1268498079'

Ted,

The certificate of no impediment is just that, .... it says that you are single and FREE to marry as of the time the certificate was issued. The Divorce niciei is another document altogether, some guys have never been married!!!

As i said before, if you get your certificate of no impediment from your embassy in China, you don't need this Notary thing, So why would you need if the single certificate is issued in your home county?  I'll state again, i've not known anyone getting married in China to need this buckshee certificate, the register office just don't ask for it, only the Chinese embassies in your home countries!!! Just another document to stamp and charge for.....

David....

To get the official single cert i need to make the statutory declaration, then the six month clock starts. Joys of living in a small country with big country union public servant ambitions..
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

David5o

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2010, 12:28:42 pm »
Ronan,

That's just crazy, that office has to check the marriage records, so why do they need you to do a self declaration?? Unless the form you fill in for your single certificate will ask statutory questions with a warning of prosecution if you knowingly give or not give false or fraudulent information!!  If so, that's not the Notary declaration that there talking of here for China, .....or Is it ??

Offline UK Mark

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2010, 03:00:55 pm »
This Stat dec is needed , dont risk trying to get married without it ! When i got married in Shanghai in Jan its the doc they wanted and the one the offical translator translated !, weird as it may seem the bureau where not interested in the certificate of no impediment, only looked over it briefly before handing it back to me  haha the offical document !  But without the stat dec i could not have married ..
Dreams can come true

ttwjr32

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2010, 06:47:42 pm »
David,

once again the USA embassy does not issue those docs in China you must bring them with you and ours is the same as yours
it is the no impediment certificate that we call single certificate for short!!  it is not a scam put in place just to collect revenue
it is needed and if you dont bring it from the USA you will not get married. and yes the marriage agency here in Guangzhou did ask for that Buckshee piece of paper and had it translated in chinese while i was there. sorry you seem bothered by this but if any USA citizen comes here
without it they will not be able to marry  just the facts of being an american citizen and what you need to do to get married here. and dont be
led to believe that the embassy will issue one as i just went thru this with someone visiting here and they told him to go home and get it and
have it notarized as true and correct

David5o

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2010, 06:59:29 pm »
Ted,

I'm not particularly bothered by it, just that all the guys that i know that have married there, didn't need this and wasn't asked for it. Now i must admit here, that none of those guys were from the US, mainly from the UK, Europe, Aussie and one from New Zealand.....

So, ... you cant get a ''No Impediment Certificate'' from your Embassy/Consulates in China!!  That 21 day wait doesn't seem so ridiculous for us Brits now, if your already in China.... haha!!!

David....

ttwjr32

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2010, 07:40:03 pm »
no but i just wanted to stress if someone new from the USA comes here sees that
and goes without it. that would be a big disappointment for them. and also if i remember
correctly they wanted 75 USA  dollars to translate it and i didnt do that. i had it translated
at the marriage agency for 60 rmb which is about 8 dollars USA money. so get that done here
in China when you get here. just a food for thought for the guys coming ere in the near future to marry.