Author Topic: TEARING DOWN THE HOUSE...  (Read 8673 times)

rockycoon

TEARING DOWN THE HOUSE...
« on: March 08, 2010, 12:37:05 am »
Here are a few pics of what I can do with a backhoe Vince.  :icon_cheesygrin:

Old ranch house, is getting rebuilt, everything must go, so with the
help of a backhoe, I saved the carpenters (and my pocketbook) many
hours of labor.  Will keep you updated on the renovation.  So far,
Home Depot is VERY happy with me, and I have many deliverys yet
to come.  Now if I can get the carpenters off their A** I might be
able to get some thing done.

Who else is a handyman, and what have you done lately or what are
you doing now? Show us your handy skills.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 12:45:27 am by rockycoon »

Vince G

RE: TEARING DOWN THE HOUSE...
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 07:13:56 pm »
Though I haven't gone to that extreme, Here's a few photos from the job. Some of it is already being put back together.

shaun

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 09:53:07 pm »
Don,

Why would you tear down your house?  Did I miss something?

rockycoon

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 09:56:14 pm »
Vince, you have a major restroration on your hands 4-bunks of sheet rock...that's a lot of rocking, noticed the green -- gotta be for the bathroom and shower/tub.  Got yer wires hanging, will you be using exsisting wiring or install new?  Also noted that the fart-fan
exaust is 6 or 8 inch, must be for "heavy duty" action..:icon_cheesygrin:  looks like you got some wiring to do and don't forget the
mess the sheetrock leaves - hire laborers with brooms for clean up.  Otherwise, great pictures Vince, wish I was there to help, but unfortunatly I have a previous engagment...heh heh :icon_cheesygrin:  
I will be looking for more pictures as the work progresses, as I will take more of mine for you to check out.  Went to home
Depot to get another truckload of supplies...they love me there.  On the way back, shifting on the new truck got a little wierd, so
went to trans shop and found out 2 bands broke and 2500 bucks of repair.  What a day, went to give the guy money for the new
backhoe and found out his wife forgot to make me a bill of sale and noterize it.  So now that's on back burner till tomorrow.  Storm
hit us today and yesterday, now project is shut down due to extream mud.   And everyone wonders why construction people
drink....haha :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Shaun, for those of you in the egg business...Vince and I are compairing notes on our building ablities...feel free to add your comments.  By the way, I am remodeling my home from the ground up and that means everything goes.  Don't want to buy
someone elises (spelling) problem, want to design and build the
way I want it.  Roll yer own, so to speak.  Besides if I bring a lady
home, I don't want to scare her when she see's it.  I was only going
to remodel the kitchen and things got out of hand.,..:icon_cheesygrin:  So will keep you updated...
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 10:17:28 pm by rockycoon »

Vince G

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 11:38:57 pm »
Electrical is almost done. I had a few days of laughing at whoever did the wiring before? (Dave 50 if your reading this you'll love it) First floor rear bedroom had a ceiling light and switch, or so I thought? The switch did nothing? and then I found the wire in the ceiling box didn't go to the switch? Screw it ( I said) I ran a new line and took off the "2 hots" on the switch. OK the lights working now. Continuing with the second floor wiring. There's a light in the attic next to the A/C unit (service light?) I take the light fixture off to trace wires. ?? no wires to this light fixture? No switch, nothing? But there is another wire running under the insulation? I follow it and guess where it goes? Yep! to the downstair rear room? So I could only conclude that to turn that rear bedroom light on was to go upstairs to the closet and turn the switch on from there? Who the F*** wired this? But it was just the start of stupid crazy wiring in the place. So the answer to the question, am I leaving the original wiring.... Hell No!

And yes I have a couple of guys doing the rocking, spackle and paint. I'll do the other stuff. But I make sure they do what I want. Got to do it my way. :icon_biggrin:

rockycoon

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 11:42:20 pm »
Now that is a funny electrical story....if you turn on the sink, does the toilet flush ?....:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Vince G

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 11:45:50 pm »
that was ripped out before I started. In fact when I first went to check the job (before I had it) it was just patching sheetrock and it was more of a paint job then anything else. 2nd time I went it was bare to the bone. Redoing the plumbing to so no turning on the sink upstairs to flush downstairs? :s
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 11:47:06 pm by Vince G »

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 12:42:56 am »
Quote from: 'Vince G' pid='33596' dateline='1268109950'

that was ripped out before I started. In fact when I first went to check the job (before I had it) it was just patching sheetrock and it was more of a paint job then anything else. 2nd time I went it was bare to the bone. Redoing the plumbing to so no turning on the sink upstairs to flush downstairs? :s

And I was only boiling a few eggs!!!!!!!!

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline chen yan

• http://chenyan19851010.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 02:28:46 am »
Man,Did the earthquake just happen in both of your hometown.Hehe.
I think if a man can built his own house is a very pround thing.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 02:29:28 am by chen yan »
Love ,Joy ,Peace~

• Board Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2010, 03:45:46 am »
Quote from: 'chen yan' pid='33611' dateline='1268119726'

Man,Did the earthquake just happen in both of your hometown.Hehe.
I think if a man can built his own house is a very pround thing.

If I said this was my London Home what would you say.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

shaun

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2010, 04:53:15 am »
Get back to the throne after all of them eggs and let it rip because you are full of.........

• Board Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2010, 06:52:13 am »
I always suffered from delusions of grandeur!!:angel:

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Vince G

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2010, 08:03:09 am »
chen yan, Building homes, I use to do this for a living. I stopped doing this and did accounting / bookkeeping. But because this field has much trouble getting work I went back to remodeling homes for now. And yes. I have rebuilt a few of my own homes. It's a good feeling to have.

David5o

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2010, 11:44:41 am »
Willy,

Your Highness, ....of course!!!  

David....

Arnold

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2010, 01:58:12 pm »
Vince , you know .. from 1969 to 1973 in Upstate New York , this is exactly what I did back when . I remodeled many Homes and turned Restaurant's into Living quarter's . This of course is a great help now having my own Home . Do everything myself ... inside and out . The biggest project of mine was , run 220 V wire about 90 feet to my backyard for the Spa ( two feet underground ) and do the Slap's ( 6" ) for it .
Nobody in their right Mind want's to be a Mechanic in New York . Need a Torch and Hammer to remove anything because of the Rust on everything . That was not me , so into Construction I went . Good thing , saves me a Bundle of $$$$ now .
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 01:59:21 pm by Arnold »