Author Topic: TEARING DOWN THE HOUSE...  (Read 8671 times)

ttwjr32

RE: TEARING DOWN THE HOUSE...
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2010, 06:50:35 pm »
Willy

that is why Angel wants to do all the cooking lol

rockycoon

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2010, 07:47:35 pm »
I would be building right now, but its snowing and a blizzard outside and you can't find anything and another delivery of
wood and building materials on the way.  Looks like they will have to delay a while longer on the delivery, can't get in.
Chen,
I would build, but the weatherman lied and I'm stuck with it.  It is a good feeling until snow covers your wood and it gets
wet.

My finishing date has been cancelled and now I will have to stay in this little motel room another month...yuk.

shaun

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2010, 08:48:01 pm »
OK so now I re-read my comment at the top of this page.  I thought I was being funny and now it just looks like I was being a jerk.

Willy, if I offended you please accept my apology.

Shaun

Vince G

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2010, 09:00:40 pm »
Today was finishing the electrical and started the plumbing while the other 2 did the rocking. Tomorrow it's reframing a outside wall so I can continue plumbing. 20 days to finish? Hope I gave myself enough time?

Offline chen yan

• http://chenyan19851010.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2010, 01:24:32 am »
This is just the traditional from my hometown.You need to help others when they were building a house,so they need to remember who and how many days people work for them. Then they will come to help you when you need to build a house. It is kinda like labour exchange.
So all of the houses are build by the local who lives there .
Love ,Joy ,Peace~

rockycoon

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2010, 01:37:42 am »
Chen, first I owe you an e-mail.  Second, I wish it was like that here, but everywhere else people expect to be paid for their work, as
they have to make a living also.
Actually, the people who are working on my house are professionals (well some of them) and are out of work.  So with so few jobs
here, I would rather hire them.  Although they are neighbors and would do this for free, I feel that paying them helps out their
family's and helps them along the way.  It also helps out our small town, because that is where they spend the money.  So it works
out all the way around for everyone.

By the way, your labor exchange is a great idea, wish it was like that here, sometimes it happens, when neighbors come over and work
on your place without being asked, and you don't owe them anything, they just do it out of friendship and because you are their
neighbor.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 01:42:37 am by rockycoon »

shaun

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2010, 05:14:29 am »
Don,  There are small pockets of that here and there.

Vince G

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2010, 06:47:07 am »
The two guys helping me at this job are actually pro painters. Their jobs slowed up and I'm giving them steady work for the month. Home owners are paying them. They insisted, so I make my money. Good deal.

rockycoon

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2010, 11:49:39 am »
I like helping out people, makes me feel good inside.

Vince G

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2010, 07:31:50 am »
Well? I'm in the home stretch of finishing. Last day of painting rooms. Just doors and trim to paint, install the interior doors and finish up the wall tile in the bathrooms. then install the fixtures and on to the finishing touches.

How about you? Any walls up yet? I have a couple more jobs after this. But maybe I could come out there and get things done also? :icon_biggrin:

rockycoon

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2010, 09:46:15 am »
Thanks Vince so much, but the foundation is finally done and the framing is going fast now.  Damn foundation work was so slow,
but it's done now and we are moving along with the sticks now.  I will be on time for my trip to china.  When are you leaving for
China ??

ttwjr32

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2010, 11:27:03 am »
Rocky.
when are you leaving for China? are you coming to GZ to see
Xiang? just wondering how its going for the two of you?

Ted

Vince G

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2010, 07:29:38 pm »
Several reasons why things are up in the air currently but I'm hoping on July +/-?

rockycoon

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2010, 07:43:59 pm »
Ted  
Will PM you.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 07:45:53 pm by rockycoon »

shaun

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2010, 07:56:40 pm »
Gee Don. Keeping secrets?  Guess you do not want the papers to follow you. :icon_cheesygrin: