Author Topic: A hard weekend  (Read 2518 times)

Offline David S

RE: A hard weekend
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2010, 04:58:31 pm »
The views were spectacular!  It was not uncommon to wake up in the morning, look out the window and see deer in the fields, or wild turkey, or any number of wild life indigenous to central Pennsylvania.  If I find some photos I will scan them and share them also.

trwme

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2010, 06:48:41 pm »
David, very sorry to hear of your parent's loss. The good thing is they escaped unharmed, and can rebuild. Perhaps they will be able to have a nicer home than the one they lost. You and your family will be in my prayers.

ttwjr32

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2010, 06:58:48 pm »
well as everyone has said  its good that no one got hurt or worse.

growing up in PA. i know the area well and it is a wonderful place
 to live and grow up in with the beautiful sites there.

David5o

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2010, 07:07:36 pm »
David S,

i am sorry to hear about the fire, ....Yes, really lucky that your parents are both fine.
There going to miss all those personal things that can never be replaced.

Let's hope the re-building of there house, will be able to take there minds off those other things

David....

Vince G

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2010, 08:02:38 pm »
Sorry to hear this. It's more heart breaking in this situation.

In rebuilding sometimes you make it even better then it was. That doorway that you never liked can be changed now?

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2010, 11:13:08 pm »
David S,

Just glad your parents are ok. I had been through a family house fire when I was 11 years old. Nobody got hurt. Just lots of dammage done to the house. Found out 2 years ago it was from the wood shaving packing material they used in wine cases back in those days. My father had thrown it into the fireplace and it had been sucked up the chimney when it ignited. He told us this while he was on his death bed. The fire marshall had determined the cause to be electrical. I lost all my clothes in the fire. It started on the roof over my bedroom. We children had just been put to bed when a woman driving by saw the fire and stopped and came in the front door screaming that the house was on fire.
Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Offline zook144

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2010, 12:54:41 am »
David,
Just started catching up reading posts, as I have been in China. As all the others have said, I am very sorry for your parents loss of their house.
But thank God they are ok. They will miss the personal losses, but they still have each other and their family. My thoughts and prayers are with you and them.
don
The Journey Is The Destination

Offline odysseus007

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2010, 04:58:31 am »
So sad... but thank god your parents are safe ! God bless you !
Men are great thinkers coz they have 2 heads (just don't think with the wrong one!) & women are great talkers coz they have 2...:icon_cheesygrin: