Author Topic: What to do if you are wondering about your girl  (Read 9461 times)

shaun

RE: What to do if you are wondering about your girl
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2010, 09:45:14 pm »
Quote from: 'Scottish_Rob' pid='35176' dateline='1269189112'

Quote from: 'Willy The Londoner' pid='35159' dateline='1269179150'

Quote from: 'shaun' pid='35148' dateline='1269168748'

Scottish Rob went around looking to find a portable translator and found the translator and a woman.  

But what happened when the battery ran out????

Willy

Thats true Willy...:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:...But look at the NEW IMPROVED MODEL...:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Willy,

I don't think that battery ever gave out.  Not until it got back to England. :icon_cheesygrin:  But if looks like it has charged up again and is ready to go.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 10:14:25 pm by shaun »

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2010, 12:27:20 am »
David E,

Thats a very nice picture of you two! I liked it as your avatar.

Dave C

Terryg, Martin, and all you other drivers,

Nice to know other drivers are here. Martin, I could never drive team. I just cannot sleep when someone else is driving. This is just me though.

BTW Terryg, I did not get charged for my ladys contact information untill I gave her my cell phone number. We exchanged everything over the course of about 5 weeks and no extra EMF credit was deducted untill I gave her my cell phone number.

Dave C
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 12:45:26 am by Bee964 »
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Offline odysseus007

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2010, 02:15:28 am »
Quote from: 'Bee964' pid='35232' dateline='1269232040'

David E,

Thats a very nice picture of you two! I liked it as your avatar.

Dave C

Terryg, Martin, and all you other drivers,

Nice to know other drivers are here. Martin, I could never drive team. I just cannot sleep when someone else is driving. This is just me though.

BTW Terryg, I did not get charged for my ladys contact information untill I gave her my cell phone number. We exchanged everything over the course of about 5 weeks and no extra EMF credit was deducted untill I gave her my cell phone number.

Dave C

Now that's  a VERY sporting agency !!!
Men are great thinkers coz they have 2 heads (just don't think with the wrong one!) & women are great talkers coz they have 2...:icon_cheesygrin:

shaun

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2010, 05:14:21 am »
David E

Very nice picture.  You both look comfortable and happy.

Terry,

Be patient and firm with your intent.  There has been several time Peggy has interpreted my comments as a proposal.  The most recent, she told me she had never been to Hong Kong but always wanted to go there.  Shenzhen is not that far away.

I told her I would take her there for the last two full days and spend time doing anything she wanted to do.  She though that was a proposal and began preparing for a quick wedding.  Fortunately her sister who is married to a westerner and lives in Utah told her to stop and check with me first.

I was completely surprised.  But from her cultural perspective it sounded like a proposal.  I apologized but held firm that we needed to meet first, the become engaged and then the wedding.  She understood.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 05:21:13 am by shaun »

Offline Terryg

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2010, 10:10:39 am »
I will remember that Shaun, I would hate to have her excited about getting married before we have even met. Because I think that if I did show up and did not plan on marriage, and she had spent a lot of time planning it and talking to family about it. That would cause her to loose a lot of "Face". Not to mention causing a lot of heartache.

GOOD New, I finally got to talk to her on the phone. She has a beautiful voice. I just have to remember to talk slower and enunciate. I was so nervous that I was talking way to fast and she kept telling me to slow down. I know I really surprised her as it took a minute or so for her to speak english, so the first min. was a bit tough. I also think she is trying to kill me. She said to call her in the morning which is no problem but she also said to call in the evening. Man that means I have to get up early. (I hate mornings. (hahaha):s)

I am surprised that no one had posted anything about how nerve wracking the first phone call is. WOW. My nerves are still jumping and my thoughts are still going a million mph

She also loved the flowers I sent to her today. So she had a really good day. Flowers and she got to talk to me :icon_cheesygrin: She said that she cried and cried when she got them.  Ok I better stop talking before all the men here decide to take all my Manly privileges away. :icon_cool:
QQ 1413900069

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2010, 11:16:44 am »
Just a thought - when you come to China to make a visit then make sure your your lady is comfortable when you arrive.   If she has to make any journey to you by Taxi then be sure you give her the money for these journies.   It is so easy to upset a person over cab fares espeially women who may well take a cab only in an emergency.  Also if anyone is taking you places for your benefit make sure that you pay the taxi fares.  

REMEMBER you pay for the fare inside the cab and not after you get out as you may do in other countries so be polite and be the last one out!!!:icon_cool:

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

shaun

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2010, 01:15:43 pm »
Quote from: 'Terryg' pid='35250' dateline='1269267039'

I also think she is trying to kill me. She said to call her in the morning which is no problem but she also said to call in the evening. Man that means I have to get up early. (I hate mornings. (hahaha):s)

I am surprised that no one had posted anything about how nerve wracking the first phone call is. WOW. My nerves are still jumping and my thoughts are still going a million mph

She also loved the flowers I sent to her today. So she had a really good day. Flowers and she got to talk to me :icon_cheesygrin: She said that she cried and cried when she got them.  Ok I better stop talking before all the men here decide to take all my Manly privileges away. :icon_cool:

Your attitude about mornings will change because you will be talking with her.  Note: The attitude will not change about anyone else.

Why should we post about being nervous.  It spoils all of the fun.  I remember my first phone call.  Peggy told me to call back in 2 days when she was home.  She was having dinner with her daughter. I was fuming.
I suggest we ban you for 2 days because of the flowers comment.  :icon_cheesygrin:  I think you like flowers too much.  Plus our women might get the idea that this common every day thing. :angel:

Shaun

trwme

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2010, 01:38:52 pm »

lol...yeah, now that you mention it, my first call to Xin was pretty nerve wracking too. Especially right before I dialed her number. She'd warned me her english was 'too poor'. And I had about a 6 word mandarin vocabulary. I'm sitting there with the phone in my hand staring at it, thinking...what the hell am I doing??? And then I dialed the number wrong, and that made me even MORE nervous! It took me a few minutes to figure out what I did wrong.

And then when I finally got her on the phone, she said 'hello' in english...sigh. It was a little awkward, that first phone convo, but we worked our way through it. Afterwards I had to go outside, because my smile was too big to fit indoors! The next time was only slightly better, nerves wise, but by the third one it started flowing between us. I help her with her english, and she teaches me more mandarin (of course, the things she wants to hear me say! lol) and we laugh and giggle a lot (I will probably get my man card suspended for admitting that, lol.) and I am always in such a good mood afterwards for the rest of the day.

I'm an early riser anyway, so I'm up about an hour or so before I call her at 6 my time.

Arnold

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2010, 03:00:17 pm »
Great going Roy , you think you were nervous ... Try .. my Wife's Mom calling me ( my B-day ) at work to boot . The very first time and her english is zero to none , but after that she handed the Phone to my Wife and it took a while for me to start shaking like I just got out of freezing water and standing in the Wind . Hearing the softest Voice coming to my Ear , sure warmed me up fast though . It really is the best .. next to stand right next to her . Keep it going .

shaun

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2010, 05:52:19 pm »
Quote from: 'shaun' pid='35258' dateline='1269278143'

I remember my first phone call.  Peggy told me to call back in 2 days when she was home.  She was having dinner with her daughter. I was fuming.

My comment above was very short which is so unlike me.

Peggy had asked me to call her every day.  She was suppose to be gone a couple of weeks.  Well I waited 2 days then began to try and call her.  I would not figure Rebtel out.  I tried another company and came back to Rebtel.  That took another 2 days.  The concept was so foreign to me.  I was not understanding what Rebtel was.  So I called them and they hooked me up.

Finally I call her.  She is taking care of her granddaughter and her daughters family was eating.  I was nervous and Peggy was confused.  When she realized it as me she became nervous and she could only remember a few words of English.  She did remember that she was going home much sooner than planned and she told me.  She rushed to get me off the phone.  I think she was embarrassed because her daughter didn't know about me yet.

Even now when we both get on the telephone many words disappear. :icon_cheesygrin:

Last night she was afraid we would not be able to communicate well when I arrived.  I told her we would figure it out.

• Board Moderator
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2010, 10:14:16 pm »
Quote from: 'shaun' pid='35262' dateline='1269294739'

Last night she was afraid we would not be able to communicate well when I arrived.  I told her we would figure it out.

It will work it out if you both have patience. And I mean both.   There will be times when you cannot understand each other but a electronic translator is a necessity.   If something really important comes up then get help. Everyone who goes to China should have someone at the end of a telephone who speaks both languages even if it is just the agency translator.

If the lady has any English at all then you are lucky.  My wife had none when we met.  Ok we still do not have long meaningful conversations.  (And maybe that suits me after having short ummeaningful associations for the bigger part of my life.)  But one day her English will far outweigh my poor Chinese.  

She is definately determined on that score.

The apartment we are renting is looking as if it is a store.   Everything is labelled with small stickon labels in Chinese. They are phonetic pronounciations of English words.  Have a coffee and a chinese person will read 'Cup'  go to the computer and read  'Keyboard' or 'Monitor'

Go to anyroom and the labels will tell them the Chinese phonetics of every item including electrical plug sockets and switches.   And it seems to work.   Her elder sister who has no English reads the words and even she makes them sound like English!

Willy
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 10:22:27 pm by Chong »
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline Chong

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2010, 10:27:30 pm »
Quote from: 'Willy The Londoner' pid='35274' dateline='1269310456'

Everything is labelled with small stickon labels in Chinese. They are phonetic pronounciations of English words.  And it seems to work.  

Oh Dear God ... Is there a sticker on your 'Willy' ???  :icon_cool:

• Board Moderator
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2010, 10:33:39 pm »
Quote from: 'Chong' pid='35278' dateline='1269311250'

Quote from: 'Willy The Londoner' pid='35274' dateline='1269310456'

Everything is labelled with small stickon labels in Chinese. They are phonetic pronounciations of English words.  And it seems to work.  

Oh Dear God ... Is there a sticker on your 'Willy' ???  :icon_cool:

I made sure that is not the word we use for that.   But if we meet any English speakers with the name Dick she is certainly going to look at them very strangely!!!!!

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2010, 11:21:30 pm »
I wonder what she will make of any Willy Wonka candy :huh: and I wonder if the label will say made in China?
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

ttwjr32

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2010, 04:08:15 am »
Willy,

you should do that im pinyin so you learn faster  hahahah