Author Topic: Hong Kong To Guangzhou  (Read 4014 times)

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
Hong Kong To Guangzhou
« on: March 24, 2010, 03:22:16 pm »
I got a good price on Air France (my favourite European airline) to HK for my next trip.

I was wondering what way from HK to Guangzhou is the quickest with least fuss.

The routes available seem to be as follows:-

1) Taxi from airport to Hung Hom train station then bullet train to Guangzhou East Train Station - cons most expensive, maybe hassles getting train ticket if arriving at the weekend
2) Airport express to Kowloon then taxi to Hung Hom station then bullet train to Gaungzhou East railway station - slightly cheaper than above, but three changeovers - adding lots of time no doubt and hanging about.
3) Boat to Shenzen, bullet train to guangzhou East railway Station - probably slow and expensive?
4) Bus to Guangzhou (at border apparently you have to get off , walk through immigration then get back on another bus) - cheapest. Time wise seems to be about the same as the other ways as its a straight run except at the border so no hanging around. Not as comfortable or exciting as a bullet train though.

My plane lands in HK at around 07:30 , could i make it to Guangzhou by midday?
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline maxx

RE: Hong Kong To Guangzhou
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 03:52:26 pm »
Bus to Gz.yes it shouldn't be a problem to reach GZ by noon.

David5o

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 06:05:18 pm »
Ronan,

What do you call a ''good price''???  Cathay Pacific have been doing an all in one price from UK to HK and on to one of 13 cities in Mainland China, one being Guangzhou.

David.....

Offline Chong

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 06:05:25 pm »
Or you could call "Yang Fu Chan(ce)" at 'China Cab' ... he'll pick you up in his truck ... you'll sit with the pigs getting ready for slaughter ... at the border, they'll brand you #69 Triple AAA Pork Meat ... then sail by a fishing 'junk boat' across the water ... hop on a motorcycle cab with a cage of chickens to GZ ...

Or from the airport, take public express bus A38 non stop to Prince Edward MTR in Kowloon where I got off [ maybe it goes closer to Hong Hom MTR ??? ], a couple of MTR stops to Hong Hom MTR, bullet train to GZ. Easier way through customs. If you take the bus, there'll be a two hour processing time at the HK & China immigration ... especially on weekends.

Or you can take a limo cab from HK airport to Shenzhen border bus depot, then a bus to GZ. You and the your luggage stay in the limo. The driver hands over your passport at each custom immigration booth. It's the quickest way through the bordsr. Cost for me to Kaiping was 240 RMB [ including bus fare ].
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 06:42:49 pm by Chong »

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 06:38:48 pm »
Thanks Maxx and Chong
The two hour processing time would suck, I'm arriving on a Friday morning, I'm hoping that because its early that customs wont be so busy?
I did take the bullet train from Shenzen before and it was very comfortable and fast, but that time i wasn't carrying round heavy bags after 24 hours in airports and planes and had a native speaker to help me find my way, hmm.

I call €630 flying on Air France a good price. The times are perfect, the comfort is miles of anyone else except Qatar Airways in my experience, but they don't have flights at times that suit me, and they don't fly direct without stopovers in Beijing/Doha or wherever etc - i want to spend every possible minute of my vacation time with Sunny. Cathy Pacific are £635 for the days i want, and that's from the UK, would have to add on flight to there from here, and the times don't suit, i researched it in many price comparison sites, this is the best deal for me! I would pay a little extra to go with Air France, i will never ever fly China Southern again if I can avoid it, but this thread isn't about flights!, its about the best way to get from HK Airport to GZ!

Offline Norb Smith

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 06:44:01 pm »
the best way to get from HK to GZ is to have King Chong pick you up on his Vespa.....lol
To have good neighbors, you need to be a good neighbor

David5o

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 07:32:34 pm »
Ronan.

Just checked CP, fares in September. 618 Euros, departs LHR at 12.35, arrives in HK at 7.10 +1 , connect flight 8.05, arrive Guangzhou 8.55. Don't know your dates, so i arbitrary chose 4th (Sat) Sept for 14 days....

The only thing is, your flight from Ireland to Heathrow..... But the times would suit you very well, and are in Guangzhou way before midday...lol!!! .....OH and CP knocks Air France into a proverbial cocked hat, by Far Superior in just about every way!!!!!

David.....

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 08:37:42 pm »
Quote from: 'David5o' pid='35443' dateline='1269473554'

Ronan.

Just checked CP, fares in September. 618 Euros, departs LHR at 12.35, arrives in HK at 7.10 +1 , connect flight 8.05, arrive Guangzhou 8.55. Don't know your dates, so i arbitrary chose 4th (Sat) Sept for 14 days....

The only thing is, your flight from Ireland to Heathrow..... But the times would suit you very well, and are in Guangzhou way before midday...lol!!! .....OH and CP knocks Air France into a proverbial cocked hat, by Far Superior in just about every way!!!!!

David.....

The return times don't suit me (too early or too late) and I still have to book another return flight from London, the deal I got is the best I could, thanks for checking anyhow :)

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2010, 02:14:26 am »
2 hour processing time??  It was nowhere near that in November. It was 3 hours drum start to finish on the bus from the airport to Guangzhou. I also had my seven year old with me. It was pretty simple.

Offline Chong

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2010, 04:34:27 am »
I should clarify ... It depends on the time & day to get into HK from China... once I made it through in 15 minutes from China's immigration into Hong Kong's immigration. Another time, it took one hour because of the amount of people.

Getting off the plane in Hong Kong and getting through HK's immigration will be the same. It all depends on the time & day of your arrival.

You can't avoid these two scenarios. The only one you can control is from HK's immigration into China's.

shaun

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2010, 05:06:15 am »
Oooo!  I am landing in Hong Kong Thursday, April 1st at 1:15pm and taking the ferry to Shenzhen.  I guess I'll be stuck with the 2 hours.  Got that cheap flight.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 05:07:20 am by shaun »

Vince G

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2010, 08:06:19 am »
Shaun, get one of those fake snakes with the spring in it and put it in your luggage so when they open it, it springs out and you yell Aprils Fools!
They'll love that and get you out of there faster. :icon_biggrin:

shaun

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2010, 06:54:59 pm »
Sure Vince. :dodgy:  I'll do that and I am sure my exit will be quick.  Quick to jail.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2010, 04:36:33 am »
Quote from: 'Vince G' pid='35473' dateline='1269518779'

Shaun, get one of those fake snakes with the spring in it and put it in your luggage so when they open it, it springs out and you yell Aprils Fools!
They'll love that and get you out of there faster. :icon_biggrin:

Yes sir, straight back on the plane as an undesirable:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Vince G

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2010, 07:02:17 am »
I wonder how pissed they would be doing that? :s  Don't try to find out.