Author Topic: Still getting dividends in China, even after marriage?  (Read 3923 times)

ttwjr32

RE: Still getting dividends in China, even after marriage?
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2010, 07:14:11 pm »
David,

it is based on what their classification is on their house book. there are 3 types of classifications which i dont remember
except for the last one which i thought was strange for this day and age.  (peasant) which means from the country side.
they cannot become a city citizen here because of that. they can work here but thats all. it helps factories to employ people
at sub par wages and conditions and the other jobs are not opened up to them nor are they available to them. some even do
go on to college but still cannot obtain many of the benefits and jobs that others can. a little of an imbalance here and the
govt has changed some of it but i only know of GZ that is doing this. seems like a lot of the reforms on policies get to be only
in selective areas and not in the country as a whole as would be in other countries. anyway thought i would bring this up for
those members who have ladies in this area as they might not be aware of it.

Ted

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2010, 07:38:59 pm »
My future wife and I are wondering whether she should continue to contribute to her retirement fund, but from what I understand by now, she will lose it once we are married, this obviously happening in a couple of weeks in China ... I'll ask her to check out the situation, she is a city citizen, I wonder what other rights and advantages she will lose...

All the same, the retirement is not a humongous amount, her mom gets it and well, my impression is that she's not that well off financially although she's not starving either ... she did give me red envelope, I was quite surprised, especially since I'm divorced. I'm not being asked to give a red envelope for the marriage as of yet, but you never know, this could still happen :angel:

The retirement amount seems to vary greatly with the level of career. My ex gf's parents both worked, one as a quality engineer, the other as a factory director with up to 20,000 workers ... party members of course, they got to keep their apartment which was provided with the job, and they are quite comfortable, even by Western standards, 50" plasma TV ... nice and modern apartment ...

oh, post number 555 hehe
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 07:39:51 pm by Voiceroveip »
Go deep or don't go

ttwjr32

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2010, 08:17:31 pm »
Frank and all those concerned:

there are two classification on their house book when they are born. it is based on what both
or one parent is classified as. they are city citizens when born but this classification is what is
most important.
                             CITY CITIZEN
1----  occupation-- (office or worker
2----- peasant

now GZ has changed it so that if your classification is peasant you can still get retirement if you work
15 years or more.

but the catch to that is did the company pay the govt each and every year for your being able to get
your retirement. a lot of companies dont do this as it takes from what they make so one needs to check
to see if your company did this for you as you worked. if they didnt then you wont get your retirement.

now if you marry as long as you dont surrender your book to them or if you get a citizenship in another
country then you will lose it as China does not honor dual citizenships. so if she has a retirement just dont
have her apply for citizenship in your country and all is well. they can live their without it like in the USA
not sure about other countries

Arnold

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2010, 12:50:10 am »
Guy's , here is some Info from my Wife .
You know she married me in China . Now she say's , it has NOTHING????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
?
???????????????????????????????????????????????
????????????????????????????????????????????????You can stop and continue again , as long as you meet the fifteen year total requirement .
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 01:31:33 am by Arnold »

Offline maxx

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2010, 01:19:28 am »
Arnold I got tjhe first part.But what does the rest of it say.

Arnold

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2010, 01:28:44 am »
Maxx , this answers Sly's ( Liyan's ) worry about marrying in China .. which she wont do because she thinks she will loose her retirement money from the Gov. if they find out she married a Foreigner which is not so .
1 through 3 are a must to receive anything from the chinese Gov. when retireing . Qing can collect even if she is here with me , as long as she has her chinese passport .

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2010, 06:03:32 am »
Ted, but Liyan want to apply to be french citizen, so, I should understand she will lose her dividends, right?
But when reading Arnold, If we marry in China, then she can't lose anything? Even if she did not work 15 years?
- Let's Rock -

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2010, 08:28:38 am »
The way i read this is that she will lose her pension right if she gives up her Chinese passpoert.  She will need to give that up to get a French Citizenship and French pssport.

Maybe I am reading it wrong,

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2010, 08:43:56 am »
oh, ok then, thx Willy for making that more clear for me ;)
- Let's Rock -

Arnold

« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2010, 09:56:29 am »
That's right , she can NOT give up her Chinese Passport , but she needs to pay for at least 15 year's into this Account .. if she want's to receive anything  at all .

David5o

« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2010, 10:39:22 am »
I went into this while we were still in China, and in depth!!  Unless things have changed  drastically in the last 2 years or so, It is as i have previously stated.

So all i can say to you all, is wait till she comes to retirement age, and see what happens!!!!!

David....

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2010, 12:19:29 pm »
Or maybe get a lawyer and find out for sure?  Just a thought.
...as irresistible as chocolate

ttwjr32

« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2010, 09:06:20 pm »
each provincial govt is different and yes there have been changes made at some levels.
my information was based on my brother in law who works there as an official and it is
solely for guangdong province ONLY. so have your lady check into that were she lives.

Arnold is correct and as i have said AS long as she doesnt give up her chinese passport
and citizenship to become a citizen of another country and continues to pay into it.

my wife is different as her company pays into her retirement for her,so she doesnt and she
gets a statement of what was paid into it every year.