Author Topic: "Good girls"  (Read 10073 times)

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
RE: "Good girls"
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2009, 11:15:52 am »
Hi Kennyg, welcome to the brotherhood, and if ever we are we will.( just speaking for me and mine )
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2009, 11:25:58 am »
I think that, if 'my good girl' happens to turn into a 'bad' girl, this will make her a 'GOOD' girl in my eyes.....I think !!!!!:angel::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 11:26:29 am by Scottish_Rob »

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2009, 11:29:10 am »
Rob, you devil you :icon_biggrin:
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Arnold

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2009, 11:32:28 am »
Welcome Kennyg ( you don't play the Sax .. do you ? ) ,
that is some very good advice , especially for the " Just starting out Guy's " . Which of course I would have to say ... your not . Unless you Copy'd and Paste it from somewhere . Anyway , enjoy our Forum .. if you not have done so already . It never hurt's to have a nother Kraut as myself here .:icon_cheesygrin:

Offline victor-hills

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2009, 12:44:13 pm »
So true stuart my EX found that out big time.
Life is like an onion: You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.

Arnold

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2009, 12:54:04 pm »
Quote from: 'Scottish_Rob' pid='9072' dateline='1248017158'

I think that, if 'my good girl' happens to turn into a 'bad' girl, this will make her a 'GOOD' girl in my eyes.....I think !!!!!:angel::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Well ... I " KNOW " my alway's " NICE " Girl , coming from her ... is a very NAUGHTY Girl ... like her naughty " BEE " .
I can not Lie :angel: , I like it :blush: .

Offline maxx

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2009, 03:10:30 pm »
Hey I remember a Kenny from Germany on the Chnlove official forum.He had a women in Shanghia that he was talking to.Would you be the same person?

Offline Ed W

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2009, 06:05:49 pm »
Quote from: 'kennyg' pid='9064' dateline='1248015996'

A genuinely good person does not advertise her qualities like that, she trusts that a worthy suitor recognizes her character.

I once told my wife she was "super woman" for how he deals with adversity in her daily life and what's she's had to deal with in the past. She actually took offense to this and told me not to call her this and pointed out she is a simple woman only doing what she has to do.

I struck me as if by saying this to her was taking away some part of her character. Of course I did as she wished but I didnt expect a praise of her to be taken as an insult or alike.
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Arnold

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2009, 07:15:52 pm »
Ed , that's funny . It was okay for Qing to call me " Super Hero " , but I think I better not can her " Super Woman " either . To be on the safe side .:angel:

Offline kennyg

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2009, 03:35:45 am »
Quote from: 'maxx' pid='9119' dateline='1248030630'

Hey I remember a Kenny from Germany on the Chnlove official forum.He had a women in Shanghia that he was talking to.Would you be the same person?

You got a fabulous memory :icon_biggrin:

Yeah, that´s me. It started out really great back then - but then came the steep learning curve. It started out all great and sweet, the lady was clever enough not to show her bad side from the beginning. She really worked hard to make the impression of a reasonable, modest girl. But the more she thought she had "sacked" me, the worse it became (as I found later, largely under the influence of her friends who advised her to the "extort, drop, next" strategy).

It began with small things like: "You cannot expect me to even say thank you for travelling through whole Europe with me. I am worth that and more... and you should be happy about my company and thank ME instead.", and it ended with: "If you want to marry a high-class girl like me, a BMW X5 is a suitable proposal gift, no less.". No kidding.

Yes, I could have afforded that - but such bold greed left me speechless. The minute I told her (and I really managed to stay calm and kind!) that we could talk about her choice of car when she is my *wife*... she tried the "you don´t love and value me enough anyway"-routine. And the rest is, literally, history.

At that time, I was really disgusted - I couldn´t believe that there are women who sell themselves out like that - it was probably her way of trying to provide a better future for herself and her kid.

But now, I regard this as a rather funny episode, my Chinese pals and me laughed a lot about that. I have even kept a collection of the best quotes :icon_cool:

And I know that there are many, many good women in China, and surely in ShangHai too - I have just become more cautious.

Kenny

Offline kennyg

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2009, 06:30:08 am »
Quote from: 'Arnold' pid='9076' dateline='1248017548'

Welcome Kennyg ( you don't play the Sax .. do you ? ) ,
that is some very good advice , especially for the " Just starting out Guy's " . Which of course I would have to say ... your not . Unless you Copy'd and Paste it from somewhere . Anyway , enjoy our Forum .. if you not have done so already . It never hurt's to have a nother Kraut as myself here .:icon_cheesygrin:

The sAx, no... oops :icon_cool:

Thank you, though. No, I did not c&p my post, I wrote it down on the fly when I read the term "good girl". Ever since my bad experience, I have tried to understand the Chinese "ethics" more in-depth, and it helps me a lot in private and business matters. Of course I know I am just scratching the surface and revel in stereotypes, but it still helps to have a few rules-of-thumb at hand.

Maybe I should take it as a bad omen that my first experience with a Chinese girl was already such a bad one, but I refuse to believe that this is representative - my Chinese teacher, for example, is a genuinely nice lady, shame she is married already :icon_cool:

Say, where in Germany are you coming from?

Kenny

Arnold

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2009, 09:31:50 am »
Hi Kenny ,
I'm from good old Kaiserslautern .
I also remember you now from the Official Forum . I'm glad you have learned from you first incounter with this " Good Girl " named MeMeMe and could laugh it off . That is pretty funny , well afterward I say it is ... not during .
Wish you better luck the next time , we did leave some of the GOOD Girl's . I think there is enough for everybody .:icon_cheesygrin:

Well thank you Kenny again for your great Post and info . Maybe you like to share some of those cute quotes you have in your collection , we should all learn from these .

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2009, 10:22:59 am »
That is my ex wife, mememe. He found her pretty quick. lol
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline kennyg

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2009, 10:45:12 am »
Quote from: 'Arnold' pid='9205' dateline='1248096710'

Hi Kenny ,
I'm from good old Kaiserslautern .

Ruhrgebiet/Dusseldorf area calling :icon_cool:

I also remember you now from the Official Forum . I'm glad you have learned from you first incounter with this " Good Girl " named MeMeMe and could laugh it off . That is pretty funny , well afterward I say it is ... not during .
Well thank you Kenny again for your great Post and info . Maybe you like to share some of those cute quotes you have in your collection , we should all learn from these .

So true. When it started to turn out for the worse, I just kept shaking my head in disbelief. Yes, it is surely a matter of common decency to pay for accomodation, food, drinks, sweet little gifts and all that. I am kind of an old-fashioned gentleman in such things, and I am surely not cheap.

A few anecdotes? No problem.

What about this, for example?

Ms. "Yin MeMe" buys herself (yeah right, "herself",... from a 500 € salary, as I found out later, most of the nice things she had were presents from other suitors and from her ex-husband who still had "nice evenings" with her) a new 500 € iPhone, a 1.000 € digicam, a 500 € Ferragamo handbag, all in quick succession...

... and then tells me that she must stop sending me SMS or calling me ever again unless I pay for her mobile bill...
... and furthermore tells me that I should better come up with presents that are more expensive than the things she buys for "herself", otherwise she would lose her face to her friends for having a poor and shabby man...  what can you say?

I also always liked the occasions whenever she "invited" me to something.

In the beginning, she would just tell me in a friendly manner to pay so that we could get on... no problem, I thought. In the later days, the "invitations" (things she always wanted to do but needed a sponsor for) became more exclusive and her manners got worse - she would become more fierce and tell me to "get out my credit card, pay and don´t look like a looney to the staff".

She also tried to convince me that if she paid ANYthing, even 2 yuan for jiaozi, she would lose her face because "only cheap sluts pay for anything for their men". So guess if she got me anything for my birthday :icon_cheesygrin:

Oh now, dear reader, you might think that it is my fault to hook up with a woman who is either rich or from a high-level family and I should consider offering her the wealth she is used to.

Oh so wrong.
She comes from a lower-class family. I didn´t mind that.
She is divorced, has a child, is 36. I didn´t mind that either.
She has a low-level job, a low salary. Who cares?

But she IS one of the women who know "the West" only from TV, she is surrounded by a lot of filthy-rich corrupt government officials in her job.
So she thinks that for some reason she "deserves" all that for herself and my poor 200m2 loft is not good enough for her (who lives in a poor quarter on half that space with 3 generations), that my 6-digit salary is "not enough to provide her the lifestyle she is accustomed to, and anyway, she knows older men who earn more money".

Wish you better luck the next time , we did leave some of the GOOD Girl's . I think there is enough for everybody .:icon_cheesygrin:

Hehe, thank you! If your precious one knows someone friend or family... remember I am still available :icon_cool: No kidding! I have found out that the "personal recommendation"-thing goes a long way in China and is often more promising than the internet-thing!

Cheerio
Kenny

Offline kennyg

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2009, 12:40:57 pm »
Quote from: 'Vince G' pid='9339' dateline='1248190280'

I know for sure I couldn't live with someone like this. I'm not even sure if I can stay to long even with a visit to? I've seen this many times in the west. One of the main reasons I turned to China for a woman. I say she gets this...

That´s easy to be said. In hindsight, it is also easy for me to think: "As a reasonable man, I should have heard the warning bells ring loudly".

However, the first few times I was together with her, she was truly the sweetest and nicest and most attentive woman I have ever met, with exactly the kind of qualities I would expect from a Chinese lady, so despite minor niggles, there was absolutely no reason for me to expect anything bad.
Ok, admittedly, she is by *far* the most beautiful woman I have ever seen close-up (even though she has the dressing sense of a circus pony), no kidding, so that may have blinded me a bit as well.

It was only during our last time together in ShangHai (about 1.5 weeks) that things really turned out uglier by the day. So, I did not suffer through all that crap for long, I have my pride and I know when it´s enough. Oh, and this also goes to show how quickly Jekyll can turn into Hyde.

And then, of course, this was the end.

Kenny