Author Topic: having children  (Read 6685 times)

Offline maxx

RE: having children
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2010, 11:28:44 am »
Shaun yes in the beggining you are doing  most of the adapting.They pick up more of your culture and customs.The longer your married.My wife has adapeted very well to American culture.While still maintaning allot of her Chinese customs and culture.

I asked my wife the same thing.How did I ever make it past being a baby,My wife said my mother helped.And I was dammed lucky.

David5o

« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2010, 04:29:27 pm »
Shaun,

Yes your right,.... I too have noticed that many of the Bros here are doing far more, if not all of the bending in there relationships. I'm sure they forget it takes TWO people to have a relationship!!

The way i dealt with this In my own case, was that anything that i wasn't all that bothered about, or care about one way or the other i let her have her way. Anything i had strong feelings about, i put my foot down and said NO!!!

I am probably far luckier than most here, as Lucy had already a fair experience of western ways, and actually welcomed many of them. So had i expect, a far easier time than most....

So my advise to those here is, bend when issues make little difference to you one way or the other, but put your foot down when they do....With all issues that arise, there is always a compromise to be found somewhere in there, that will satisfy to some extent, .... both of you. Far better than your total capitulation every time an issue arises.... Yes??

David...

shaun

« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2010, 07:02:37 pm »
Maxx.  LMAO.  It is true that most of us are lucky that we made it to this point but it isn't for the same reason she is thinking.  :angel:

David,  I agree.  I guess another way to say it is choose your battles.  I love some of the things she is bringing into the relationship.  The one big battle that continues for now is about food.  She thinks I eat to much prepared and frozen foods.  She tells me I should buy fresh almost every day.  I say yes dear, when time permits I will do that.  In reality I will wait until she gets here and sees how difficult that is.

David5o

« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2010, 07:10:08 pm »
Shaun,

Once she gets to the States, it'll be her problem, ....not yours ...lol!!  Believe me, she WILL do her very best to get that fresh food she was talking about!!

David.....

shaun

« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2010, 07:26:44 pm »
I might as well sell the freezer now and used the money to go back to China.  :icon_cheesygrin:

David5o

« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2010, 07:38:06 pm »
Shaun,

Freezer stuff is basically fine, especially meat. ...What they cant understand and don't like , is the ready meals stuff and any sort of ''processed foods''!!!  They won't have any in the house!! ....lol!!!

David....

ttwjr32

« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2010, 08:35:08 pm »
the freezer is ok and yes dont you agree the processed ready made food that
you just throw in the microwave isnt really that good for you but we tend to eat
a lot of it at home. but i must say mine adapted and went to the grocery store or the
weekend farmers markets and managed to get fresh that we would eat for a few days.
took a little while to get used to you just dont go to the vegetable market evryday to
buy what you wanted. and not looking into the eyes of what you were going to eat was
a little different at first also.

shaun

« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2010, 11:03:07 pm »
I showed Peggy the inside of my upright freezer and she shook her head and said "not good. Fresh food."  Or maybe it was the horses head. :angel:  I don't know. :huh:

rockycoon

« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2010, 11:25:42 pm »
shaun, just be glad you did not marry a chinese woman that washs the veggies off in the gutter or uses the garden hose...lol lol
:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2010, 12:28:19 am »
Shaun , just to make you happy , we have Aussie meals , 2 days , Chinese 5 days , meals for 3 or 4 of us if son also eats average about the same as they did before for just my son and I , and the 5 days food is a lot healthier , only use the freezer for meats [ buy on the cheap ] and vegetables and fruit bought every few days . Funny thing I bought some lamb necks for the dog , but did not realize that they were also cooked and we had eaten them until it was to late ha ha . So do not talk of battles just go with the flow it is fun , regards Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

ttwjr32

« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2010, 08:00:49 am »
i would say FUN and INTERESTING to say the least

shaun

« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2010, 08:51:30 am »
I agree.  I have more fun with the differences.