Author Topic: Confirmed case of photo fraud? You decide  (Read 10094 times)

Offline odysseus007

RE: Confirmed case of photo fraud? You decide
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2010, 05:49:42 am »
Thanks Shaun,
But let's see if I can prove you wrong. There should be some consumer protection. As I write this I have received a very detailed reply inviting submission of full details PLUS photos. We shall see what they do with the facts, eh?
Men are great thinkers coz they have 2 heads (just don't think with the wrong one!) & women are great talkers coz they have 2...:icon_cheesygrin:

Offline Chong

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2010, 05:51:48 am »
Quote from: 'odysseus007' pid='37688' dateline='1272271267'

Because I have been to 7 provinces in China, and visited the Middle Kingdom more than 10 times.

Why are you even on ChnLove ???

After visiting China myself [ where I met my wife ], I wouldn't use ChnLove or any other sites if I had to do it all over again. The best way to find a Chinese wife is to go and visit China and make personal connections/networking. As I wrote in a previous thread, lots of local 'Aunties' are more than willing to set men up with blind dates. Because of the cost of time and money, I know this is not an option for most men; hence, they have to rely on the Internet sites.

During your trips, did you meet any prospects ???
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 05:52:35 am by Chong »

Offline odysseus007

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2010, 05:58:52 am »
Quote from: 'Chong' pid='37691' dateline='1272275508'

Quote from: 'odysseus007' pid='37688' dateline='1272271267'

Because I have been to 7 provinces in China, and visited the Middle Kingdom more than 10 times.

Why are you even on ChnLove ???

After visiting China myself [ where I met my wife ], I wouldn't use ChnLove or any other sites if I had to do it all over again. The best way to find a Chinese wife is to go and visit China and make personal connections/networking. As I wrote in a previous thread, lots of local 'Aunties' are more than willing to set men up with blind dates. Because of the cost of time and money, I know this is not an option for most men; hence, they have to rely on the Internet sites.

During your trips, did you meet any prospects ???

Because for the last 2 years I only went once. I was not working full time back when I was travelling there. I did meet 25-30 ladies whom I would consider potential girlfriend material. I made the sweetest & smartest one my girlfriend for 2 years, so umm the others were kind of wasted after all. Now the runner ups are mostly taken. AND they have seen me with my girl, so none of them could compare, so they gave up as well.
Men are great thinkers coz they have 2 heads (just don't think with the wrong one!) & women are great talkers coz they have 2...:icon_cheesygrin:

Offline Chong

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2010, 06:29:56 am »
Quote from: 'odysseus007' pid='37692' dateline='1272275932'

Because for the last 2 years I only went once. I was not working full time back when I was travelling there. I did meet 25-30 ladies whom I would consider potential girlfriend material.

So you, above most guys here on the Forum, should know that the majority of ladies DON'T look like their made-up profile pictures in real life.

I wasn't arguing whether that lady is the same or not, just giving my opinion for whatever it's worth. With your wealth of travelling experience, I would consider another trip to China ... if you have the time. Or at least, plan to meet a ChnLove lady soon and have a Plan "B" just in case.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 06:30:48 am by Chong »

Offline odysseus007

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2010, 06:35:47 am »
Quote from: 'Chong' pid='37694' dateline='1272277796'

Quote from: 'odysseus007' pid='37692' dateline='1272275932'

Because for the last 2 years I only went once. I was not working full time back when I was travelling there. I did meet 25-30 ladies whom I would consider potential girlfriend material.

So you, above most guys here on the Forum, should know that the majority of ladies DON'T look like their made-up profile pictures in real life.

I wasn't arguing whether that lady is the same or not, just giving my opinion for whatever it's worth. With your wealth of travelling experience, I would consider another trip to China ... if you have the time. Or at least, plan to meet a ChnLove lady soon and have a Plan "B" just in case.

I try to meet at least 2-3 ladies per trip, plus do some sightseeing & shopping & eating as well. That is why I cannot go too often, since I try to be very sure I am not wasting my trip. And I don't mean all of them being ladies from CHN. I usually have a Plan B & a Plan C too, in case there is some interesting business opportunity I found.

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2010, 12:40:13 pm »
For me it is difficult to tell for sure. If you look closely at photo 5 you can tell she has no bangs cut into her hair style. I don't think that she has extensions in most of the photos. Not too sure about some of the rest. In photo 6 there is a date in the lower left corner, 2007 3. So you know that this photo is about three years old. (if the date was set properly in the camera) To me it looks like the first 8 photos are older and the last 2 are maybe the newest. Maybe a little more age and weight? :huh:

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

David5o

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2010, 01:29:24 pm »

Put aside looks for a moment!! ....The lady in the first photo would no-way even contemplate wearing such a chunky and unfashionable watch that the second lady is wearing!!  You can see that there are two completly different personalities going on here, ....Girl about town, and Dependable Lilly....  These two personalities are like chalk and cheese!!!!

David....

Offline Chong

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2010, 07:47:54 pm »
Quote from: 'David5o' pid='37709' dateline='1272302964'

These two personalities are like chalk and cheese!!!!

Then again, how do you explain the librarian by day & fashionista diva by night ???  :icon_cool:

Offline odysseus007

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2010, 10:26:13 pm »
Quote from: 'Chong' pid='37716' dateline='1272325674'

These two personalities are like chalk and cheese!!!!

Then again, how do you explain the librarian by day & fashionista diva by night ???  :icon_cool:

To be sure I'm not marrying any Jekyll & Hyde anyway, duhhh.

Put aside looks for a moment!! ....The lady in the first photo would no-way even contemplate wearing such a chunky and unfashionable watch that the second lady is wearing!!  You can see that there are two completly different personalities going on here, ....Girl about town, and Dependable Lilly....  These two personalities are like chalk and cheese!!!!

David....

Right on there, astute observation.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 10:27:39 pm by odysseus007 »

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2010, 11:16:06 pm »

David....

I did not notice the different watches. Thanks for pointing them out. It certainly could be two different girls. But there is possibly 3 years time pass from the one fashion statement to the next fashion statement. A girls likes in fashion could change drasticly in 3 years time.

In my opinion it certainly could be 2 different girls here. (maybe sisters?)
I am just not 100% sure though.

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

shaun

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2010, 04:45:51 am »
There is a very good way to solve this whole problem.  China Love Links or Cherry Blossoms.

Vince G

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2010, 06:58:41 am »
Looks like two different girls to me? First one is a model with pro photos. The second is just??? Not the first girl.

Offline odysseus007

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2010, 12:43:00 pm »
Okay, latest developments :

For all of you who said, don't bother, they won't refund you anything... And for those who were not sure they were pictures of 2 totally different girls :

Here's the verbatim reply, not only from CHNLove, but also attached a reply from GZB's boss (which I will have to attach because it is a picture file) which may be true, or a face-saving excuse for being caught red-handed doing their bait & switch. In any case I got refunded TWO credits for my trouble. So for me, case closed. No point pursuing further.

From CHNLove :

Dear Lawrence,

Thanks for your message again and your patience on this matter.

For your concern below, please be kindly noted that our Intendance Department have looked into this matter. They made a phone call to Ms. Magnificent Luo-GZB273467 and from the feedback they got, Ms. Luo did not request the agency to change her photo. She felt surprised that this incident happened.

On the other hand, our Intendance Dept. received feedback from the agency GZB. You may find the attachment for your reference.

We feel regretful for the unprofessional work by the agency GZB. We have contacted the manager of the agency GZB and requested him to pay more attention to this issue and take effective measure to improve the quality of their service. We will watch closely the agency's future performance and make evaluation. You may set you heart at rest.

Also, we forwarded your case to our Refund Evaluation Team. To thank you for your patience and understanding on this issue, they would like to present you 2 free credits as a special offer. Hopefully it could help you enjoy better communication with your lady. :-)

Thanks again for your support to our service. Please feel free to let us know if you have additional question or concern. We'll be glad to help our sincere clients.

Kind regards,

Vicki Chow
Qpid Network Customer Care

[attachment=2062]
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 12:48:48 pm by odysseus007 »

Arnold

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2010, 01:17:49 pm »
Lawrence , I guess giving back 2 Credit's is a norm with them . When I had a run-in with them ones .. same thing . For the trouble this has cost you , it should be in the 50 area not a misely 2 Credit's .. just not to loose you as a Member . Goes to show how much they appreciate their Customer's at Chnlove .
Thanks for the final info. on this matter .

Offline odysseus007

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2010, 01:27:19 pm »
Quote from: 'Arnold' pid='37828' dateline='1272561469'

Lawrence , I guess giving back 2 Credit's is a norm with them . When I had a run-in with them ones .. same thing . For the trouble this has cost you , it should be in the 50 area not a misely 2 Credit's .. just not to loose you as a Member . Goes to show how much they appreciate their Customer's at Chnlove .
Thanks for the final info. on this matter .

True, it cost me 5 credits, and I only get back 2. But I put them to a lot of trouble as well. And will do so again, anytime I get any of this crap again. The lesson is, perseverance is everything. If I wanted, I could bug them til I get back the full 5 credits. But I can make better use of my time than doing this.