Author Topic: Newest member saying Hello  (Read 1487 times)

Offline Gauis

Newest member saying Hello
« on: April 27, 2010, 09:33:25 am »
I just registered as a member here and I thought I would introduce myself.
My name on this site (and on Chnlove) is Gauis.  My interest there is primarily information available on the forums.  I have corresponded with a few ladies on that site in the past but my sole interest was with ladies who were at least conversant in English and I found no one who met that standard.  

I have lived and worked in China the past year.  I live in Zhengzhou China in Henan province.  I teach at a University in Zhengzhou.  I met a Chinese lady on the internet about three years ago (through AFF).  She is fluent in English and works as a regional manager in a travel agency in Zhengzhou.  She planned and tried to visit me in Dallas Texas on a business visa but the US Embassy denied her business visa application so I decided to come to China to live, work, and get to know her better and here I am.  I teach during the week and spend the weekends with her and her son.

So that is some of my story.
I am an American living in China  and finishing my first teaching contract.  
I will stay another year and quite probably forever.  
I have only dated and loved one lady here.  
I have only worked at the University level.
I have worked with roughly 1,000 college students in China.
I have visited several cities in Henan province as well as Beijing.
In the US I was a bank auditor and Mortgage Broker...

I look forward to getting to know some of the folks here on this site!

Gauis

shaun

RE: Newest member saying Hello
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 09:51:37 am »
Welcome Gauis from a former Texas resident.  You will find a lot of info here and many are more than willing to give you their knowledge if you ask.  There are several on this site who live in China, so you are not alone.  Good luck on your quest.

Shaun

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 11:07:47 am »
Gauis,

Hello and welcome to the site. May I ask you, if you are in china and are in love with a woman that is living there and you 2 spend the weekends together, why are you looking for another woman on CHNLOVE? Was there more to your story? Did I miss something in your story?

Dave C

PS.
I just reread your post and see now, were you just looking for chinese ladies to correspond with for information only? Not any love interest?

Dave C
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 11:10:38 am by Bee964 »
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Arnold

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 11:23:34 am »
A Mod's Welcome to our Forum ( Brotherhood as we call it here ) Gauis . Like Shaun mentioned , enjoy - read and ask if we can be of help to you .

Offline Gauis

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 11:36:10 am »
Hi guys,  I like to check the forum postings on Chnlove for information but it can also be very entertaining.  I think that was my primary source of information about the visa process in America.  Now that I live here it seems to me that there are a lot of advantages to living in China.

Arnold

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 11:51:31 am »
Where to live ? It's funny , since my Wife is with me now in the US .. I have ask her many times . Would you be willing to move to back to Shanghai . It's alway's the same answer . NO , I like it here ( don't know if it's me or the States ) and Shanghai is even more expensive there now .. which is true . But I would love to be able to live there if it was possible . Ahhh .. why complain if she enjoys it here , bad economy and all . Deep down , I feel she would ratter be back , but does what is best for her LaoGong . One of the big differences of a chinese Woman to a Western one ..

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 05:20:40 pm »
Welcome Gauis

Real Royal name !!!

Anything you need to inquire about you will be supplied the information required here in the 'Brotherhood'

ttwjr32

Re: Newest member saying Hello
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2010, 01:12:36 pm »
just wondering how it been going for you up north and how is china going for you