Author Topic: K-1 Visa (Fiancee Visa) I-129F  (Read 13782 times)

Offline mustfocus

Re: K-1 Visa (Fiancee Visa) I-129F
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2010, 10:33:25 pm »
One other thing about photos...if you can datestamp them, DO IT.... but make sure the datestamp is correct.  I forget who put the date stamp on theirs, but it was the wrong date  :o  It'll help establish your legitimacy....
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

ttwjr32

« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2010, 11:08:00 pm »
the date stamps are very important part

shaun

« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2010, 11:25:06 pm »
Thanks Scott.

The first trip I did not date stamp the second one I did and yes the date was correct.  Passport photos in hand.  I was worried because it said less than 30 days old.  How can they tell?  But we have them.

The truth issue has turned out to be nothing more than an issue of differing languages.  We were both confusing each other which in turn would confuse all over again.  Man it is a wonder we can ever communicate.  The bottom line was that she worked for one company in Guangzhou.  When they were bought out she decided to leave and move to Shenzhen.  Then the company moved to another location after it was bought out.  There was also the brief time when she stayed in her bosses home while the building or the company was being remodeled.  She would talk with one person and they would tell her something.  Then she would talk with her sister who would get angry and tell her something else.  Then she would talk with another friend and things got convoluted real fast.

Mustfocus, I have to really thank you because you provided a crucial key to breaking through.  I told her that I knew she wanted to save face but that the people reading these papers really do not care where she lived that all they might want to do is to verify the address.  I also told her that living in the warehouse was nothing to be ashamed about.  Once she understood that things began to change. It was a slow process but it was a crucial step.  Tonight when we were talking she told me that if I wanted to move my store to a larger location that she would be OK with it if I chose to live at the location to save money.  I am thinking why? but said thank you.

But finally last night it all began to make sense.  All of the documents will be sent either tomorrow or Tuesday and we will begin out countdown.  Woo-Hoo.  Man I hate it when people say Woo-Hoo.

Shaun

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2010, 11:42:50 pm »
Shaun,

If it helps you get Peggy together sooner, then it's my pleasure.  We're all here to support each other.

I find the key to all of this is being able to see things from both sides.  We all know how things work here...  But I find (and I'm guilty of this as the next person) we often forget to take into account what  saving face means.

For me, my relatives overseas care a great deal about saving face (most of them anyway).  I refuse to play the games they play (and boy can my relatives be vicious)... but every so often I stumble into it... and can't wait to get out.  But that's another story for another time.

Definitely keep us in the loop and if you see problems on the horizon (hope not), post them here.  ;D
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline auburnkp

« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2010, 12:48:22 am »
Shaun,
When I did my K-1 last year, it took us about 6 months from the time I sent the package in and to the time we had our interview at the GZ Consulate. I did everything myself and did not hire a lawyer (sounds like what you are doing). When I did my wife's (fiancee at the time) work history, I just put the name and addresses. Just make sure there is not any major gaps in the times. I just put month and year for one and then continued from that date. As far as the letter of intent to marry, I just had my wife write an e-mail in english and send it to me. Her email address was the proof that she sent it to me. It does not have to be notorized. You could always explain that your financee had a friend who speaks and writes English helped her write it. I then just wrote out my letter and printed it out. I went to the interview with my wife. That make it look better and shows that you are really going through with it and are not bringing her to the US for some other reason than marry her. My wife did not speak much English and was worried. When the person interviewing her asked if she spoke English, she said, "Gucci, Prada, Louis Vuitton". He laughed. He spoke a little chinese and had translators available. I think it would be rediculous if they expect your lady to speak fluent English. They know many do not speak much English. After the interview, we waited a few days before picking up the visa at a nearby post office. They do not give you the visa on the same day, so plan on sticking around or coming back (meaning stay at a hotel). My wife is from Chengdu and we were not going to fly back to Chengdu and then fly back to GZ. Good luck and let us know if you have any more questions or what to expect later.
AuburnKP

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2010, 03:03:52 am »
Woo Hoo things are getting better for you and Peggy Shaun.
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

ttwjr32

« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2010, 03:56:59 am »
well Shaun im glad that you finally figured out it was the language problem!!! ive heard you talk and with your
poor command of the english language its no wonder Peggy didnt know what the hell you were saying!!!!!!!!

hahahahha you know im kidding 8) ::)

in all reality its great to hear that the two of you are at this point. all downhill from here as they sort thru all the
papers. may the speed be fast and she gets there soon  CONGRATULATIONS

The Ambassador and Sara

shaun

« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2010, 12:00:05 am »
I want to thank everyone for their help and comments. I listen and evaluate everything that is said.

I will hopefully send everything in Wednesday.  Just a little cleaning up and making absolutely sure all of the I's are dotted and the t's crossed.  Yes I am doing it myself.  I know and appreciate what many of you have said, Buzz and Maxx comes to mind but I need the challenge mentally and my funds are quite low due to two trips in two months.  I am working to rebuild the funds.  I want to be there when she has the interview.  The school district will bust a gasket if it is during school but they will have to get over it.

Ted, a short pier bro...  ;D  Oh there is so many things I could say.  I've got to send you a PM.  I got a priceless one today.

Now comes the hard part.  The wait.  :-\

ttwjr32

« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2010, 01:58:21 am »
if u have it all filled out then it will be no worries

ttwjr32

« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2010, 01:59:06 am »
and keep a copy of everything you mail and send it registered receipt request

ttwjr32

« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2010, 02:04:00 am »
also sending Peggy copies might not be a bad idea for her to read and study

shaun

« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2010, 06:55:05 am »
Thanks Ted.  I'm one step ahead.  I will try to call your friend in California today if I finish my other work.  He said he would check it over the last time I talked with him.

ttwjr32

« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2010, 08:54:34 am »
oh good he is a good man and wont rip you off has your best interests in mind

shaun

« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2010, 06:50:24 pm »
Well, finally I mailed the 50 page I-129F document to Homeland security today.  Wow, what a big load off my shoulder, or so I think.  Doubt is already creeping in wondering if I did this right or if I did that right.  I've checked everything at least 10 times and I know when the person, who will handle my file, looks at he will find 5 mistakes on the first page.

The waiting will not be easy.

I think I should have been a lawyer.  When my ex filed for divorce I did all of the legal work myself and we stood before the judge.  He reccommended we hire are lawyer.  He said, "this document is woefully deficient and my best advice to you is to hire a lawyer.  If you do not I will pour over this document and if a word was misspelled, or the grammar is bad, or you do something inaccurately I will kick it back to you."  So reluctantly she hired a lawyer.  $1000.00 later and a few changes on the distribution of wealth or lack there of to show her they were earning their keep and it boiled down to this.  There was a one word change in the document and the financial was taken from a spreadsheet to a written overview of how we sorted the financial things out.  There was so little changed that I think the lawyer must make $10,000.00 per hour.

To top it off I put a couple of misspelled words in the document prior to sending it to the lawyer.  Neither the lawyer or the judge found them.  Jerks.  Mind you I am not saying all lawyers or judges are jerks.

Anyway here's mud in your eye!!!  :D

ttwjr32

« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2010, 07:16:29 pm »
well no turning back now   i guess you should be getting peggy on the same page also as 1 tall tale will disqualify
the whole process