Author Topic: What Music chinese Women like ?  (Read 7509 times)

David5o

RE: What Music chinese Women like ?
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2010, 04:40:43 pm »
The modern Chinese stuff is quite good, but God that traditional singing is something else to listen too!!! A cat's choir comes speedily to mind!! ...lol!!! Bloody awful is an understatement!!
And how any Westerner can sit through a traditional Chinese Play, is just totally beyond me!! It comes under my Tried it Once, ....Never Ever again experiences!!! ...haha!!!

David.....
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 04:41:05 pm by David5o »

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2010, 05:15:22 pm »
I speak everyday with Sophie on Skype, we are teaching each other our languages. :icon_biggrin:

She loves to listen to my music and hearing me singing along. :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin: I told her she will have to sing to me also...:huh:  She sent me a song last week "Dulce Vita" it was in Chinese, guys it was absolutely amazing..:icon_cheesygrin:

shaun

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2010, 05:57:31 pm »
This morning Peggy and her granddaughter were dancing an playing to an America rap CD that was absolutely horrid.   It was also stuff I had never heard before, not that I listen to rap.  I detest it but I hear it all of the time.  I smiled and danced with them a little just to see the granddaughter laugh and smile.  I'll have to talk with Peggy about the CD.  Some of the language was quite questionable.  Of course I am sure she does not have a clue.

Notice that there is one word completely missing from this post in reference to what we are talking about.  I do not used it in relation to rapping.  It just isn't what it is called.

David5o

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2010, 06:09:55 pm »
Shaun,

Your lucky you could understand anything mate!!  just call this stuff, ...Unadulterated Crap!!
Originally devised for misfits and the very easily pleased, by the scum of this world, that can't speak in any coherent language....

David......

shaun

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2010, 06:13:36 pm »
David,

All I could really understand were the F and S words.  That was how I could identify.   Oooo..... did I really say that?

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2010, 11:04:49 am »
David,

Yes I listen to country music. I also listen to hip hop, rock,  clasical,... pretty well anything that is good. There is a lot of good country music too. I too do not like rap, but only for the lyrics with reguards to their treatment of women. It is breeding a generation of people that will treat their women horribly. Some of the music is ok, they just need to get new lyrics for it! Speaking of all this, has anybody noticed the showing of underwear by the chinese youth? I have not noticed anybody commenting on it and I have not paid enough attention to it in any photographs. I'll have to put up an email I just got on "Dads' rules for dating my daughter" in just for a laugh. There is a rule that deals with this. I thought it was pretty good.

Dave C

PS.
Speaking of songs about "killing my dog", check out the newspaper here for todays front page, may 12. windsorstar.com It will make you sick!

Dave C

here is the link
http://www.windsorstar.com/news/abuse+case+horrifies+animal+rescuers/3013092/story.html
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 12:50:04 pm by Bee964 »
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

David5o

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2010, 11:48:50 am »
Dave C,

I like most music myself, but can't stand that country stuff, Rap, and opera singing.... But Rap is my real bugbear, unadulterated CRAP!!!

As for showing underwear, they have been doing that for years in Japan, seen some of that in HK too and that was a time back also... haha!!!

I don't have that worry of daughters dating these days ...already married..lol!!! ...But i do remember the joke, and yes it was funny...lol!!!

David......

ttwjr32

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2010, 01:17:48 pm »
lately i have been hearing rap on the loudspeakers outside Chante Coffee shop and the lyrics
are well pretty BAD  dont they know what they have downloaded????

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2010, 10:18:16 pm »
I would guess that they don't understand the words Ted? And they have so many made up words too that would not translate to chinese, so they may not understand what is in the lyrics! ( "for shizzle", means "for sh*t",... etc.) I heard a new one the other day in a song my daughters were listening to. A girl was singing a song about meeting a boy and "he blew up my bones" was in the line. I still don't know the meaning of this yet, but I may have an idea. It was a hip hop song though, not rap. I try to keep up with the sayings my daughters may use from time to time. :icon_cheesygrin:

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Offline Hans

• Once you go Asian you never go Caucasian
    • http://motpol.blogspot.com
Re: What Music chinese Women like ?
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2010, 01:19:57 am »
My lady and I send music in our emails all the time, apparently she's downloading it frequently. Most of them are ballads. It's funny, she's sending me love songs in English. I listen to the romantic lyrics and wonder if she understands it? Usually she doesn't, so she has no idea how cute songs she's sending!

I haven't sent her any Iron Maiden or Nightwish tracks yet, nor any hardcore trance tracks, think I'll save those for later... I've sent her some Swedish music, though. Which she enjoyed. Chinese music practically = ballads. Some of them are quite good, but a lot of them are not. And the Chinese rap is... hrm... 不好听! It's great the Chinese enjoy laowai music as well, though.

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2010, 01:28:57 pm »
Sorry guys, But I am shutting down my database of Chinese mp3s. The word got out and I have maxed out my bandwidth limit each month since I originally posted the URL. I have already transferred 66 gig this month and it is only the 10th. Nearly all the requests are coming from Asia. I wish I could leave it up but I cant afford to keep upgrading every month.

Gerry
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Offline Crystal Tao

• Chongqing girl forever
    • LoveLoveChina
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2010, 07:16:25 am »
Chinese rap is 不好听?
Ok - try this song of Jay Chou and say you didn't like it...  ;)

Jay Chou - Fearless (FULL MV VERSION) + MP3 DL
LoveLoveChina is my blog about Chinese girls.

Offline Jimmy

• Soon the Family will be Complete.
  • She Was A Wonderful Wife
    • Jim N Libo
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2010, 11:03:55 am »
My wife seems to like Reggae and POP, Old Michael Jackson stuff like that.
I showed her a few old videos I found like from Thriller and before. She did not know Michael Jackson was Black.
She actually called her sister and a few friends to tell them this. Her sister came right over to see it did not believe it.
Some of the things these people are led to believe about the US is unbelievable to me. 
A good friend told me his wife actually ask him if the streets are really paved with gold.

For any new guys expect this kind of stuff, It's like when I was 15 I heard rumor that the age for a drivers license was going to be lowered to 15. And all of my Children over the years hear the same rumor about the time they turn 15.
And unfortunately just like the kids. Some things they want to believe so badly. They will not change their mind until they see it themselves. 
My wife still having a hard time believing all Americans are not rich. Example: I used the money I did not have to pay a month  rent with in the US. To pay an additional 6 months rent here.  I am pretty lucky she is the most saving woman I have ever met. I finally found a bottle of yellow Mustard at the store for my hamburgers, like 10 rmb. She tried very hard to talk me out of buying it.
If we are not completely out of something we don't need more yet. But if I ask her for something I want, with in a minute or 2 I hear the front door close she has gone after it.
She has fallen in love with Spam and eggs with hash browns and toast for breakfast. We never run out.
Like pulling teeth getting the first round, but if she likes it I will always have it.
These girls have a lot of different ways, and sometimes a bit tough. But in the end it is always the best I could ever hope for. 
Jimmy Henson

ttwjr32

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2010, 12:49:19 am »
i think we all forgot micheal jackson was black

my wife likes the breakfast to - bacon eggs and toast or flapjacks and bacon  all with homefried potatoes
so we never run out of bisquick, bacon, maple syrup at the house

Arnold

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2010, 04:03:01 pm »
Well back to Music . I don't know if I even mentioned that Qing listens actually more to Japanese Songs ( Artist's ) than chinese . Even when we're were at a KTV .. she sang mostly in Japanese .. which I find more soothing/sexier to the ear . So of course I developed likeing for both .This is something she does miss here in the States . As a result , I will ask our Major of Palmdale ( who operates the Parks
Stage ) that is used for the Summer Concert's .. if possible to use " IT " for Kareoke weekend's . Where say .. 20 or so People make advanced reservations to sing in front a local crowd . Qing would love to get up there , me .. it would take quite some Drinks before that happens .