Author Topic: CHINA VISITS  (Read 10208 times)

ttwjr32

CHINA VISITS
« on: May 10, 2010, 11:01:52 pm »
just thought with the weather getting nicer does anyone have any plans to visit China in the upcoming few months and were and what city
will you be in?

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
RE: CHINA VISITS
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 02:43:35 am »
I'm going to Nanning in July.  If I can figure out how to get a ticket.  It's not an international airport but Brenda assures me there are 3 flights daily from Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou.
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline temur72

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 03:19:14 am »
Currently I am planning on visiting China, (Changsha, Hunan) in mid August.

Hopefully I am not screwed over by the agency, but if I am I hope there is enough in the region to keep me occupied for 12 days of toursim. Which is my only ireal issue with going to Changsha, and Hunan. While it does have some good tourist stuff to do, other parts of China would be better for  pure tourist things

Which of course makes me hope that this particular communication with a lady from Changsha Love Bridge Agency is truely with the lady I believe it is. She has sent enough non proffessional photos to make me believe that she is real, and has dealt with the agency before ( the photos were not all taken at once, and have shown a friend of hers)

Offline Hans

• Once you go Asian you never go Caucasian
    • http://motpol.blogspot.com
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 05:49:39 am »
I'm going to Guangzhou and Foshan in June-July. My lady's told me it's been up to 30 degrees in Foshan the past weeks. Looking forward to some warm weather.

After going to the consulate and applying for her visa to Sweden we will travel to Kunming for some vacation together. It will be her first flight. Our plan is to get engaged in Foshan on June 27.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 11:22:40 am »
Good luck to both of you on your trips, and keep us posted.  Mike, Beijing is the better embassy to be dealing with.  The waiting times are not nearly as long as Hong Kong.  Will you be able to be her sponsor?  If you need any help filling out the application forms, let me know.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 11:24:41 am by Martin »

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 10:31:11 am »
If its the Single Certificate you are after, Chong and I both paid for ours to get done in Toronto.  If I recall, it was $300 to go through an Immigration place.  I had to go visit a couple of times, but they took care of everything.  You will need your divorce certificate (They also asked for my divorce judgment, but I didn't have this, and it did not seem to affect anything), passport, birth certificate (I might have given my drivers license as well).

I took all these documents to the company on a Friday.  The following Friday, they had all the documents translated into Chinese, as well as a declaration in both Chinese and English, that said I was not married, that I was divorced from my former wife, that I was intending to marry Zhifang, etc.  On that Friday, I went to the office, where they set me up with a Chinese lawyer.  He went over all the documents, and then I signed them, to swear they were true.

This company then took the documents to the Ontario Provincial Government to get a verification stamp that the lawyer who also signed, was indeed a lawyer.  From there, they took it to the Consulate in downtown Toronto, where they put their stamp of approval on it.  Once that step is done, it is a legal Chinese document.  I picked it up at this company a week later.  So two weeks total.

I can't remember how much it would cost to do it on your own, but Chong had found this place, and if I remember, we would have saved maybe $30 to do it on our own.  When it comes to the actual immigration papers, I can be of more help.

This company I am talking about is http://www.chiaris.ca  Both Chong and I used this company.  The single certificate is good for 6 months after this.

ttwjr32

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 01:22:42 pm »
well anyone coming to Guangzhou give me a call and i will show you around
if you can fit it in

shaun

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 07:58:52 pm »
Ted,

I hope to make it to Shenzhen in July.  It will be a little tricky as my son graduates from basic training July 12th or 13th in San Antonio.  I have to be back to work August 9th but really should be back no later than the 4th.  I will have to miss a July 23rd meeting and the boss is already angry about it. So I am not sure what I will do.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 10:05:39 pm »
Quote from: 'mpo4747' pid='38555' dateline='1273713884'

Thanks Martin,  I will be contacting them soon as I want to get this setup for my trip in July

Mike O.

Here is a map of where they are located.  And next door on the east of this building is a plaza, where the dumpling restaurant is.[attachment=2104][attachment=2105]
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 10:15:11 pm by Martin »

ttwjr32

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 01:02:01 am »
dumpling place next door thats a good deal

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 01:17:13 am »
Quote from: 'ttwjr32' pid='38572' dateline='1273726921'

dumpling place next door thats a good deal

That sounds good.  Where I used to live in London there was only a dump of a place next door. :icon_cheesygrin:

Willy
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 01:17:35 am by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

ttwjr32

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 11:31:51 am »
what about your place Willy??  lol!!!!!

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
Re: CHINA VISITS
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2010, 03:30:27 pm »
I'm about ready to head to China so here is what I have been up to.
I have gotten really cautious about these online dating websites. I have memberships at CLL, CLM and Blossom. Maybe too cautious.  But I have been fooled, lied to, scammed and redirected to scamming websites and have even met a couple hookers.  So I  hold my breath when I hear a lady tell me she is in love with me and needs me and would do anything for me after only knowing me for a few days.  This is driving me nuts. You spend a lot of time online communicating only to find that there is some incompatibility in the way.  A lot of the ones that look very interesting to me turn out to have kid at home which is a show stopper for me at my age.  But their profile said they don’t have kids or they don’t live at home. ARRRG!  And then there are the fake photos. I have got really good at spotting fakes and photo shopped photos. ( I Learned the hard way) Now I won’t even consider a lady who’s profile contains only professional studio photos. It is a waste of time to ask for real photos and then find out their face would stop a clock.  ( sorry but I am here because I want a beautiful Chinese woman), I am also wary (warning , warning)  when the profile photos are of the lady waving at you from half a mile away and all you can tell about her is that she is female and the color of her hair. And my timing sucks. I finally figure out I have discovered a diamond in the rough and want to carry it further only to find out that while I was scratching my head making up my mind, some other clever fellow discovered her too and didn’t hesitate to snatch her up.   I don’t know what it is about me but I seem to attract school teachers and young girls.  The teachers want to chat all day about culture, Chinese economics and politics and the young girls are looking for an escape from their miserable economic situation in China.  I don’t mind chatting but not all day every day. So now I am in stealth mode most of the time. My online status is hidden from the public.  But I’ll be darn these clever girls have figure out that if they look at your profile it shows the time of your last log in and they can somehow figure out that you are online. So you’re not really stealth to the really clever ones. 

I’m enjoying this meeting and making new friends from all over China. I have learned a lot about China geography for sure. I have also met a lot of different personalities and I feel enriched by this experience. But I am not making any progress towards my goals and I am getting tired.

And now, my long awaited trip is just a few weeks away. I had a plan to contact several women in China and see if I can make up my mind while I was there. But I have slowly eliminated nearly all of them from my list. I only have a couple of confirmed meetings and I think I am going to cancel one of them because of the age gap.  So I am going to be wandering about China with my laptop trying to make some connections.  I need to come up with a new list and make some new contacts before I go.  I have commitments in Beijing, Shenyang, Guangzhou, and Liuzhou. I arrive Sept-15 and I plan to stay for as long as it takes.(up to a month) 

This was supposed to be so simple. Find some, meet some, choose one and I’m done! Right?  I need a new plan. .

Willy, So I will make my to way to Guangzhou and thought I would stop and say hello and take you to lunch.
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Arnold

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2010, 03:56:04 pm »
Pineau ,
knowing these problems you been through haven't happened to me , but it does make one think ? This could have happened to me too and what would I have done under those circumstance's ? I would be in your Shoe's and totally looking in from a very different viewpoint . Believe me , it always frost's me seeing any of our Member's having this kind of hard time finding the " Just " right Lady . It all comes down to .. how we deal with it and showing a lot of patience which varies of course . You have shown to have more then your share of that , so it will eventually lead you to the " One " .
Wish you all the best on your upcoming Trip of course and good Luck .. of which one can never have enough of .

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2010, 05:29:37 pm »
Flying out from Manchester (UK) on monday morning 30th August, arriving in Qingdao on Tuesday 31st August, then 3 hour car drive to Zhucheng... ;D