Author Topic: China Post  (Read 1582 times)

Offline Chong

China Post
« on: May 13, 2010, 12:01:28 am »
Just received a mail package from my sister. On the front, she listed the contents as baby clothes, forms and photos. She also included a Ziploc of Tylenol Cold Tablets and my 'blank' business cheques ... which was not mentioned on the exterior content form.

When I opened the package, the forms envelope was ripped open at the corner. They ( ??? ) took the Tylenol and they tore my cheques 3/4 from top to bottom. When I received the package, it didn't look like it was tampered with; however, I did notice a big transparent/scotch tape across the end.

I can understand taking the Tylenol but ripping my cheques ???

Any thoughts ???
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 01:36:07 am by maxx »

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
RE: China Post
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 12:09:00 am »
Just send me your ATM card, and I will send you the money.  What's your pin number?  When Z sent me her package, she sent it courier, but when it arrived here, the end was torn open on the package.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 12:16:50 am by Martin »

ttwjr32

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 12:58:58 am »
wow Chong i have been sent many things over the years and recently quite a bit and the
packages all came intact with no problems??

isnt China post contracted by private people in some cities that arent large by Chinese status??
i remember hearing that????

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 01:27:19 am »
Chong

Did you check your cheques one by one to ensure that they were all there with consecutive numbers.  

The world over is the same when they notice cheques in an envelope they often remove one or two cheques for later use from various places within the book .  

They tear them down as the theft of 1 of 1 or 2 is hidden with just a casual check as the tearing helps disguise it.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline maxx

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 01:47:24 am »
Did you go down and raise hell with the post office? Or are you thinking it was done at customs? I'm thinking it was done at customs.If it was at customs there isn't allot you can do.It was undeclared goods.So Chinese customs can do what ever they want

When shipping packages in or out of China.The contents need to be clearly labeled.And everything in the package needs to be noted.According to FedEx China is one of the toughest countries in the world to ship anything into or out of.Customs controls are that tight.

That being said my wife receives a care package about every 2 months from China.None of them have ben tampered with.But when my sister in law mails the packages.Everything in the package is noted on the shipping form.So Chong that is where the trouble probably started.Is on the shipping form

Offline Chong

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 04:36:26 am »
Update ...

When we went to complain at China Post ... Upon looking inside the entire package ... the Tylenol tablets were there. They explained that blank cheques aren't allowed into China. I know that I can't use it here and that CHinese banks won't acceot them, so why rip it ??? They suspect that Customs saw the tablets through the x-ray machine and decided to open up the package.

Thanks all. Yes, Willy, the cheques are intact by consecutive numbers. I'll still be able to use the cheques as I can scotch tape the back. It's still legal tender.

shaun

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 05:01:40 am »
Chong,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  I sent a package to Peggy a couple of weeks ago and did not list all of the contents.  I was afraid it might raise a question.  I'd better clear it before I send something that will be.  The package was delivered unmolested.

Offline Chong

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 06:08:59 am »
I was told that Chinese Customs randomly selects packages off the processing line for examination. When I mailed my Income Tax [ by registered mail ], someone [ Canadian Customs ??? ] opened it up. It was just a thin regular envelope. When I mailed my immigration application by EMS courier. it was a big package that cost 300+ RMB ... nothing happened.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 09:23:15 am »
quote='Chong' pid='38595' dateline='1273745339']
When I mailed my Income Tax [ by registered mail ], someone [ Canadian Customs ??? ] opened it up. It was just a thin regular envelope.
[/quote]

When they xrayed it they probably could not believe what you had written on the tax form. They had to open it to make sure the machine was working correctly.  :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

ttwjr32

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 10:48:06 am »
income tax?? whats that lol!!!! i just have my attorney do that for me on my investments
and get my return on the loses that have been happening rsther than gains lol!!!

and if you were to try and write a check in china that would be a site at the counter

Arnold

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 12:11:33 pm »
I see Chong , it's too late now .. but you should have left some Signed Checks for your Sister at home to pay some of your Bills that come up while your away . If thats the reason you ask for them , then.. you will go through this again on the way out . What a Bitch .
Ahhhh .. the Post Ofiice , their Rate's go up:icon_arrowu: and the Service :icon_arrowd: . Now where did I hear that before ?