Author Topic: Trip Two Shaoguan  (Read 8249 times)

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
Re: Trip Two Shaoguan
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2010, 07:05:59 pm »
Shaun, have a fantastic second trip!  Like everyone else, I am looking forward to reading about your adventures in China.

ttwjr32

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2010, 11:13:58 pm »
well have a good trip Shaun

Sara will be possibly transfering to Shoaguan for work so we might be in the area while your there
as we will need to buy another place there to live in and come home to GZ on weekends. have to
scout around the area to look at places while she is working

Ted

shaun

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2010, 11:44:32 pm »
Thanks Martin and Ted.

Ted, I hope we can meet up there.

ttwjr32

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2010, 05:43:12 pm »
it would be nice to see the two of you again if not there maybe in GZ

shaun

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2010, 05:57:15 pm »
Ted,

We will spend a few days in GZ.  I just don't know when yet.  Things have got to fall into place.  Check my PM.

Shaun

shaun

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2010, 12:06:31 am »
Yep.  Can't stand it.  Gotta go.  This time 4 weeks.  Gotta love it.  Then I'll be in the poor house for a while.

ttwjr32

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2010, 12:17:32 am »
but look what you will gain

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2010, 10:25:30 pm »
Excellent investment in the long run Shaun. It will pay off in the end. Enjoy your trip and take care. I'll keep the light on in the poor house for your return. Hahaha.  :D

Dave C
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 10:46:33 pm by Bee964 »
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

shaun

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2010, 06:26:37 pm »
Hi all,

Well I have been here for 2 full days.  Spent 2 night in Shenzhen and last night in Shaoguan.  Dang you forget how hard these beds are quickly.  I am up early because my back is sore.  19 hours in an airplane and yesterday 4.5 in a bus and retired each evening on a rock hard bed.

It really is so good to be here again and to have Peggy in my arms.  Peggy is moving to Shaoguan to be near her children until she moves to America.  Yesterday afternoon she wanted to look at homes.  She said, "you stay in hotel, I go look."  I asked why and she said she didn't want the price of the homes to go up because I was with her.  She came back a few hours later and has 3 she wants me to look at.  One that is new and she says we can buy real cheap.  I will have to proceed cautiously.

I have had a few obstacles to work though and a few setbacks to get here.  We were going to go to Disneyland in Hong Kong the first 2 days.  I have postponed that little trip to the end of my stay.  Peggy and I are going to hang here in Shaoguan for 10-12 days and be a family allowing me to get to know her children and granddaughter.  In the long run a better option I think.  So there may be little to talk about.  We will do a little sight seeing where Peggy grew up and work on setting up her home here.  If you do not hear from me it is because there isn't much to talk about.

Let me leave you with one thought.  The second time is always better so get that first trip out of the way soon.

Shaun

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2010, 08:28:52 pm »
The second time is always better so get that first trip out of the way soon.

Mate I am trying and still waiting.  Only one month to go.  Have put in the application for 1 year multi entry visa on Friday.  Pick up next week then only about 3 weeks to go.  Do you think that I am anxious and wish that I was a time lord and could fast forward time?

Enjoy your holiday and time with Peggy.

Cheers Jason
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2010, 10:49:43 pm »
Let me leave you with one thought.  The second time is always better so get that first trip out of the way soon.
 Shaun

Sorry to inform you Shaun but the NEXT TRIP is always the better trip  ;D
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

ttwjr32

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2010, 11:35:37 pm »
i agree the 2nd is good but if your a good match the 1st is always the best and memorable one

Paul Todd

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2010, 11:57:52 pm »
I've just been catching up on your story. Wow, you have been a busy boy! I'm really happy for you Shaun it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy! Enjoy your 2nd trip and if your ever up Beijing way my door is always open! Ted I've only ever made one trip and I never went home!!! Yes memorable it sure is!

Ming Zhi,Paul

shaun

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2010, 11:47:48 am »
Paul it us sure good to see you back online.

Well I have been in Shaoguan 4 days.  A lot has happened and very little time to write.  I think I will start with something that happened a little over 1 hour ago.  Peggy and I were shopping in the hot spot in town just about 2 blocks from where we are living.  A mens store was closing and it there were a lot of people there.  I tried to ask Peggy a question but the answer she gave didn't match the question so out comes the translator and off I go typing.  Question answered and back into my left front pocket.

We decide to buy 1 shirt so I pull my wallet out.  Then suddenly I am shoved forward, there is a substantial tug on my left pocket.  Instinctively remembering my classes on pick pocketing, I yelled hey to alert the man I knew and I turn to the right.  It was classic.  A man looking like he was interested in something on the right.  In his hands is a folded empty bag with something under it.  Peggy was behind me she saw that I was after something and then saw the translator.  She swatted at the bag and the translator fell to the ground and the man began backing up.  I walked toward him and yelled hey again.  He said "It is OK I go."  Peggy grabbed my arm.  I was about to kick his ass.  He ran off.

Ah, I loved the excitement of the moment.  I looked for a policeman but Peggy kept saying let's go.  So we left.  Needless to say Peggy was worried about my wallet for the rest of the evening.  She wanted to take care of it.  I said no.  She got a little upset with me but I told her, "look I caught him."  He won't come after me again.  He knows I can handle myself.

I'm not so ignorant to think he will not try again but I wanted to calm Peggy down a little.

Well Peggy calls so I'll have to tell the rest later.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2010, 11:51:30 am »
WOW Shaun...good for you!  Chalk one up to the good guy!  Maybe you could teach Irishman a thing or two on catching a pick pocket. heehee