Author Topic: SPORTS !!!  (Read 51329 times)

rockycoon

Re: SPORTS !!!
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2010, 01:08:48 am »
Well, keep us posted on who is who and who is beating the heck out of who.  (who gets picked on a lot)   ;D ;D

Why can't the rest of the world try their hand at American football or baseball ?
Now there is a game !!!

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2010, 06:53:20 am »
Baseball a World Series (?) where only teams from the same country play in it....haha

American Football, nowhere near as ROUGH as the proper game (RUGBY)

ttwjr32

« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2010, 10:55:08 am »
to each his own as people from all countries have their versions of games they enjoy. and people
enjoy what they want to enjoy

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2010, 11:30:17 am »
to each his own as people from all countries have their versions of games they enjoy. and people
enjoy what they want to enjoy

Good point Ted. I like most sports and I will always be willing to try any sport at least once, either as a participant or as a fan. I might not do well but I would try.  ;)

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Arnold

« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2010, 12:36:23 pm »
What a great Game for New Zealand against Italy . Another one - one Tie against Paraguay and Italy a zero - zero would put them through to the next round . I would love it !!!! So would the rest of the world .. except the Italians of course . I dream right with the Whites here .

rockycoon

« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2010, 11:57:22 pm »
You brits try to put american football down and say that rugby is rough, (smiles)  well consider that in rugby, you don't have a 300 lb
guy coming at you like a freight train, with his equelly huge and nasty friends behind him, wearing heavy protective gear, huge
knarly meat hooks clenching and unclenching, hot breath coming from a reinforced helmet looking like a steam train, and only one
thought on these guy's minds is to end your short life if you have the ball and if you get caught.  Running with the ball is of course
an option, but if you run, run for your life.  Then there is the dog pile.  To experence this, jack up a cross town buss and lay under it,
now let the buss down on your chest (you also need to fill it with large people first.)

Now in rugby, they all hug each other around the ball, like good friends from the pub (which they usually are) and decide who is
buying the next round.  (this is actually a small neighborhood gossip session) No protective gear (cause there all skinny and hardly weigh anything).  And they can kick the ball while running (which confuses the soccer players) and you score a run when you have the ball and run into the pub across the street. (game resumes after the first 3 beers). At the end of the game, they look all beat up
because the real fight was to get a place at the bar.  After the game they stagger off the field (from the beer chugging contest) and with smiles on their faces, back to the pub. No one is actually hurt, until he go's home to face his wife (ie: see Andy
Capp cartoon).

In American football they go back to the lockerroom to count the heads they ripped off during the game and like a animal trainer
the coach throws them a piece of raw meat to knaw on.... ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 12:16:46 am by rockycoon »

ttwjr32

« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2010, 12:07:36 pm »
Rocky well said and i am glad you put a pic of my good freind on here who was as mean as they could get on the field
but in real life just as crazy  hahahaha   go steelers  but then again to each his own and we will never convince them
of this as they have been brought up to think their game is the toughest just like we do

china has just entered the nfl as the buffalo bills just drafted a lineman from china number 77
his jersey has already sold out and is in back order

6 ft 5 inches 320 pds  now were did he come from in china?? dont see that here
but it will be interesting to see if he makes the team and if he does when i go back i will
but a few of his jerseys in the small size to sell here because they will take great pride in his
accomplishments and not criticize the game

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2010, 07:47:49 pm »
Ted,

That is great news .... I had not heard it ... and I have been a Bills Fan for the last 25 years .... just stopped paying them any attention since I moved to Toronto 8 months ago ....

Mike O.

Will you be switching over to become a CFL fan now Mike? An Argos fan maybe?

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

ttwjr32

« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2010, 09:16:08 pm »
having been a steelers fan since i was i kid and went to forbes field with my dad and grandfather i think a miss injustice
is that people talk about how great the steelers were thru the 70's and early 80 and 81 but fail to talk about how great
the bills were during the late 80's and early 90's because they lost 4 super bowls in a row. that should not diminish that
they were one great team during this time and should have more people in the hall right now.

Offline Philip

« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2010, 01:42:39 pm »
England and USA through to the final 16 of the World Cup. Phew!
And I am currently watching the longest tennis match in tennis history at Wimbledon, between John Isner and Nicolas Mahut.
As it stands, it is 39 games all in the final set! They have been playing for 7 and a half hours. John Isner has served 80 aces. All records. Correct that, 40:39 in the final set to Isner. How these guys haven't collapsed with exhaustion is beyond me.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2010, 01:48:20 pm »
Congrats to all the teams that qualified to the last 16.  Especially the USA. :D

Offline Philip

« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2010, 04:16:13 pm »
Bad light stopped play in the most amazing tennis match in history. They had to stop at 59:59 in the final set. Getting on for 10 hours duration. Both players with nearly 100 aces. What can you say?

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2010, 08:28:51 pm »
Philip,

Which tennis match are you talking about? Wimbledon?

Dave C
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 08:44:25 pm by Bee964 »

rockycoon

« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2010, 09:36:23 pm »
BE AFRAID,  VERY AFRAID.........

signed......the USA

::) ::) ::)

Offline Chong

« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2010, 02:27:53 am »
Bad light stopped play in the most amazing tennis match in history. They had to stop at 59:59 in the final set. Getting on for 10 hours duration. Both players with nearly 100 aces. What can you say?

Do you think the winner will have any 'gas in the tank' for their next opponent ?