Author Topic: resident visa in china  (Read 1533 times)

ttwjr32

resident visa in china
« on: June 04, 2010, 09:39:53 pm »
2 days ago on cctv there was a report on how the govt has relaxed its resident visa times and
now a person can apply for a 2 year visa to reside in China. this i thought was a very positive move
in the right direction by the govt and that a lot of people will benefit from this as time goes on

Offline Okie_Rob

• ???
Re: resident visa in china
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 10:34:36 pm »
WOW!! ... very good news !! ... one can marry his fiancee/wife in their home country ... and if circumstances change ... the huaband can live in China and not be limited to the 60 day limit ... !!!!
"USA, Wise Up!"  "美国,明智了! " "China has" " 中国有"

ttwjr32

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 10:57:47 pm »
Rob,

you still need to go the conventional route first but after you marry then you can go
to the PSB builiding and do all the paper work to convert it over to this.

Offline Chong

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 05:16:51 am »
Here in Kaiping, I had to renew my Visitor's VISA in Jiangmen [ one hour away ]. I got an one year VISA without having to exit China every 90 days.

Offline Josh Markley

• Inmate #cqa1265789
    • http://joshchinaadventure.blogspot.com/
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 10:31:28 pm »
Oh this is beautiful news, I wonder if this would work if you just wanted to stay after teaching for six months.
麥杰德
QQ 859407630

ttwjr32

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 07:50:34 am »
josh,

this is only for members of family of chinese nationals. like children or spouses you will still need to do
the other way if your teaching the work visa

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 09:23:04 am »
josh,

this is only for members of family of chinese nationals. like children or spouses you will still need to do

The other stipulation is that 'those shirts' will be banned. 

I understand that they can clothe 36 railway conductors with the same amount of material. ;D

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Josh Markley

• Inmate #cqa1265789
    • http://joshchinaadventure.blogspot.com/
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2010, 01:42:41 pm »
josh,

Yeah Ted thanks, I think you answered my question spot on and I didnt ask it well.  So basically if I was teaching, fell in love then married i would then be eligible. 
麥杰德
QQ 859407630

Paul Todd

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 10:31:29 am »
If you are married to a Chinese citizen all you get is an L visa {tourist visa} valid for 1 or maybe 2 years now. Your not entitled to work or teach and I would check the number of entries you get with it too. If you want to work you must get a Z visa then you have 30 days to have a medical at a designated center be issued with a heath certificate and apply for your Foreign Expert Certificate [F.E.C that only last  the length of your contract]. With this little blue book you can get a 6 month residence permit. Your employer or school have to renew this for you, just because you are married does not give you the right to work in China only to get an extended tourist visa. Of course should you leave your job then after 1 month you can go to the PSB and they will give you your 1 or 2 year L visa. Should you then find work it's back to the Z visa and then the  F.E.C and away you go again. Interestingly If you have your F.E.C then this acts as a Chinese passport  so you don't have to carry your real one about, it gives you extra allowances at customs and it's multiple entry among other things. I recently came back into the country with mine and got a very courteous welcome from the customs officials.