Author Topic: USA via internet or China via direct contact  (Read 2807 times)

ttwjr32

Re: USA via internet or China via direct contact
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2010, 04:59:13 am »
what i have noticed here in China is that when you frequent places all the time it really opens the door to
meeting the others who frequent them and also the workers at the establishments. conversations really get
started after your 3rd or 4th visit and if you werent married then you have the oppurtunity to ask them out
for dinner. i  think one of the worst places to meet people are in the ktv bars here. they are loaded with people
who are just not the types you want to hang with. if you want to get used then thats the place to go to. one thing
is even though their english might not be the best if they see your a pretty good guy they will try to talk the best they
can with you and see what develops. the supermarket is a good place as when im in there looking around i am offered
help all the time by young and old even met 5 of my friends there i now have in Guangzhou.

the ones that just walk up to you in the street has to make you wonder what the hidden agenda is with that. but as you do meet people
other ways soon you are introduced to their freinds and family and if it is known your single and looking then the wheels start
turning on who they know that might be good for you. and they usually wont introduce you to soemone who is mentally
unbalanced and has a hidden agenda

Offline Buzz

• XiuRu Zhang
Re: USA via internet or China via direct contact
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2010, 09:33:51 pm »
my suggestion, go to a tea shop.  they will sit you down and offer you different types of tea.  If you have not seen how they serve the tea, it is an education.  If you have, then you have a good chance to make new friends.  This past trip, I met the regional president of the chinese tea association.  I gave him some beef jerky, and he gave me a lot of tea to bring home.  Now we are good friends.  If your passion is books, go to the book store,  they ladies are always willing to help out.  Bottom line, figure out what you like to do, then frequent the places, you will have good friends is no time.    buzz