Author Topic: always about the money  (Read 4369 times)

Scottish_Rob

Re: always about the money
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2010, 07:56:24 am »
Jim what can i say that hasn't already beeen done so.... :(

Offline Hajo

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2010, 11:23:18 am »
Jim, it was a very big surprise as I saw your message. Especially because your wife is in the "mature age". I have been living together with my wife for almost 10 month now. She told me that younger ladies are mostly interested in money and values.

I have seen it myself too, when I went to China. Maybe Maxx is right. It might be the daughter. I remember in one of your letters you mentioned that the daughter wanted a laptop and other stuff from you.

I hope things will get straighten out for you. All the best wishes from here to you!!
爱你的人如果没有按你所希望的方式来爱你,那并不代表他们没有全心全意地爱你。
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

ttwjr32

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2010, 11:57:47 am »
yes sometimes it is all about the money but i dont think it is in this case. seems to me from this post and all the others
you wrote before it probably is the little spoiled brat who is the instigator to all this. i wish the best for you Jim and i hope
that maybe the two of you  can sort thru this and overcome it. everyone here is pulling for you. not knowing all the details
and how long its been going on but i would also advise maybe talking thru this more with your wife before a divorce is done
to see if you can salvage it  just a thought   best wishes

Offline rhoodtsao

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2010, 03:44:40 pm »
what's the problem here, you got what they want, they got what you want, it's a fair trade.

ttwjr32

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2010, 05:42:33 pm »
what's the problem here, you got what they want, they got what you want, it's a fair trade.

now I don't agree with this comment.From your post i have seen here.  do you apply this to your relationships
with the ladies?  it sounds like the comments i hear here in china all to often to say the least
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 08:00:22 pm by maxx »

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2010, 06:53:09 pm »
Jim I am very sorry to hear about this, you seem very bitter about it. I wish you had discussed the money thing with us before cutting her off, it was an ultimatum that women all over react badly to I think.
That said, it is done now.

You have my very best wishes. You were definitely one of the guys I'd have liked to meet one day over there on vacation.

Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2010, 07:43:25 pm »
  I did not know that love and relationships were a "fair trade", meeting your partner half way maybe..  The only problem for your post that I can see is your post.  What have you got to trade that makes you say this?

Jim you have my hear felt sympathies and all the brotherhood is here to support you.

Sincerely Jason
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 08:02:39 pm by maxx »
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Offline maxx

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2010, 08:06:14 pm »
Ok before I have to fix any more post.rhodtsao is stating his opinion.It is just his opinion.If you don't like his opinion that is your right.Lets keep the posts.On the subject matter.Don't make me close this thread.

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2010, 10:24:17 pm »
Hey Jim,

I've been sitting here trying to think of what to say.  I've got a lot of conflicting feelings thinking about your situation.  I know you must feel really hurt and angry.  If I knew what would make you feel better, I would.  You're a guy just looking looking towards his dream...

We're beside you buddy.  I think whoever said it might be the daughter could be right, but only you would be able to confirm that.

We're here if you need us.
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline Carnegie

• Looks like it'll be two weeks in GZ now.
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2010, 02:29:10 pm »
Sorry to hear about this.  Hope you get through it without changing too much as a person.

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2010, 06:37:36 pm »
Hey Jim,

Like everybody else says we are here for you.

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

shaun

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2010, 06:38:51 am »
Jim,

I'm stunned.  You were on your way to China when I came to this forum.  I can recount some of your trips. All I can really say is that I am sorry it came to this.  I knew something was not right because you had not posted in a while but I was too busy to call.  I'll try to call you when I get back to the US.

I think it is pointless to speculate the issues here guys.  There isn't enough info and I don't think Jim will want to drag anymore out in front of us.  All we can really do is be supportive at this time so I am with Maxx.  Stay on subject and support a hurting brother.

Jim if you are reading this.  If there is anything I can do, let me know.

Shaun

brett

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2010, 11:16:57 am »
Sorry to hear this Jim.

When I met the Japanese guy from the Japan introduction agency he did warn me that Chinese women (especially those under 40) were often looking for rich guys rather than love. The fact is that very few Japanese ladies on sites like Japan Cupid are looking for older men, so I think that speaks volumes. He also warned me that divorce is too easy for Chinese people. He did have good things to say about Filipina ladies, so maybe this is a route worth considering. I didn't think Filipina ladies were that beautiful, but a couple of weeks ago I saw one of such astonishing beauty on the arm of a businessman in London that I have had to re-evaluate the Filipina option.

From my own experience I'm not sure what Miss Wu was after, but I don't think it was money. I don't think she knew what she wanted either!

I've also heard that a lot of asian women do change as soon as or soon after you marry them. This is another reason why I like the Japan option.

As to me I'm still pursuing the Japanese route - the great thing about this is that they won't be marrying me for my money as the ladies I'm talking too all seem to have more cash than I have!

By the way, wise man from Japan also say that finding a good wife from ANY country is extremely difficult. I think we can all agree on this!

I hope you get over this. I'm still gutted by what happened with Miss Wu, although I am warming to the new lady I'm writing to.

Offline Chong

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2010, 09:35:45 pm »
When I met the Japanese guy from the Japan introduction agency he did warn me that Chinese women (especially those under 40) were often looking for rich guys rather than love.

He did have good things to say about Filipina ladies, so maybe this is a route worth considering. I didn't think Filipina ladies were that beautiful, but a couple of weeks ago I saw one of such astonishing beauty on the arm of a businessman in London that I have had to re-evaluate the Filipina option.

I've also heard that a lot of asian women do change as soon as or soon after you marry them. This is another reason why I like the Japan option.

By the way, wise man from Japan also say that finding a good wife from ANY country is extremely difficult. I think we can all agree on this!

A) That's a bias statement. He's there to promote Japanese ladies & his agency.

B) On the contrary, Fillipino ladies are one of the worst. I have firsthand info from a friend in Toronto who's in the process of bringing his bride over. Most Fillipinos ladies are after money & green cards. They're among the poorest income earners compared to China or Japanese.

C) Isn't Japan part of Asia too ?

D) No kidding Sherlock. You don't need a wise Japanese man to tell you that.

Offline Alex_Lee

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2010, 10:49:11 pm »
I am shocked how can you judge the woman by just hearing the complain from the man? It is most difficult to tell who is right or wrong concerning the issues within a family. Let's say, Jim and his wife have got married and divorced. You think the woman is not hurt after a divorce? Her friends and families admired her when she married a foreigner, but now she was dumped because she needed money to make sure her daughter have a better life? I think it is just not fair you hear the comments from one side? Does anyone of you know the real situation? And anyone give a chance for the woman to defend herself?