Wondering, how to take vitamins, herbs and supplements to China on your flight to China….then crossing border into China, for those traveling from Hong Kong. … Well this is what I have experienced … the 4 times that I have traveled to China:
1. I always take brand new bottle of the supplements, with the plastic seal on the bottle, not opened. I also have a fact print out sheet, on each supplement , I have with me, which I never had to produce for an inspection. I do it this way, for my own peace of mind, in case, there would be a problem…. I always fear, that they may think me as a drug dealer …
2. I have brought with me as many as 10 + supplements.
3. I have never been hassled or checked.
4. I have my most important supplements in my carry on luggage.
5. Then I have my least important supplements in my check in luggage.
6. I have had my carry on luggage checked by the airport security, with many supplements, but never a problem…they did not even look at them
?… never had to produce a fact sheet on any supplement … and never checked by customs arriving into Hong Kong Airport or Mainland China?
7. I was and still am and will always be paranoid about this…. But never had a problem.
8. It is much more cost effective to bring your vitamins and supplements with you, than to purchase in China. China has very limited on the shelf vitamins and supplements, and they are very expensive if purchased in China.
Your prescription drugs, and or medications, suggest have your written prescription with you, that you received from pharmacy … but then again, this was never checked, and an open pill bottle, I had with me.