Author Topic: Guilin China  (Read 3863 times)

Offline Okie_Rob

• ???
Guilin China
« on: June 16, 2010, 01:48:32 am »
Took a guided bus tour from Shenzhen to Guilin .... 60 people on bus ... I was only "gringo" or USA guy on bus ... only a 10 hour bus ride ... with the treacherous "squat toilets" only ..... for road  stop-breaks ... My fiancee, Jinxiang, her son Jia, and friend Ziling were traveling with me.... or I was traveling with them ????
Arrived in Guilin late first night... Friday .... checked into Hotel ... was a conspiracy .... dreaded " squat toilet" in room .... dang .. I hate them "squat toilets" for this ol' Okie Boy .... has trouble squatting with out falling over and ending up in his own squat ..
Anyway, here are some of the photos on this 3 day venture.... with most of the sight seeing on the second day, Saturday .... then leaving back to Sehnzhen just after lunch on Sunday.... It should be noted, that our bus driver honked his horn, and or the horn on the bus on an average of about 10 times every minute... for he would honk everytime he passed a vehicle ... and he was a fast driver .... Headache to and from Shenzhen.  last photo ... Jinxiang has the flowers on her head ... so pretty !!!!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 01:58:31 am by Okie_Rob »
"USA, Wise Up!"  "美国,明智了! " "China has" " 中国有"

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
Re: Guilin China
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 01:55:55 am »
Great pictures.  Nina and I rode our tandem bicycle past the big butterfly last summer.  It was a beautiful area and a great holiday, but I think it was a lot hotter in August.  lol
...as irresistible as chocolate

ttwjr32

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 11:17:27 am »
in 2005 i lived in guilin for 3 months and in 2006 i was there for 6 months  wow i really loved the
area and had a great time meeting many of the locals who showed nothing but hospitality to me
the scenery was just breathtaking would recommend an extended stay there  if you could

Offline Axiom

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 11:43:40 pm »
Wow some beautiful pictures... both of your woman and of the country.... Whats the story behind that huge butterfly? Thats pretty cool!

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 04:10:10 am »
Lovely pics Rob. We are hoping to go to Guilin for our honeymoon so you pictures are extra interesting to me!
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

ttwjr32

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 10:52:41 am »
take the moonlight river raft journey were you relax and a lady works the raft that is a very good time just
lay on the raft and enjoy the night take some wine and snacks and it is a memorable event last about 2.5
hours

Offline Okie_Rob

• ???
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 12:39:53 pm »
Irishman, you will enjoy Guilin ... There are many theme parks in the area.  The photo with the butterfly on side of mountain, was an entrance to one of them.  There was a ancient cutural village, where Jinxiang was sitting on the bear.  Lots of natural caverens to explore.  I will post some more photos of caverns and area.  One of the theme parks, you entered the cavern by boat, then walked the rest of the way through.  One thing that can be said about our guided tour from Shenzhen, was for 3 days, but actually only one and half days of sightseeing.... and the tour package really packed a lot of places in that short time.  I think it would be hard to find these places on your own, but they are all in the area.  Guilin is a popular tourest area.  I took the cavern photos with available light ... no flash ... was hard to hold the camera still ... had no tripod
"USA, Wise Up!"  "美国,明智了! " "China has" " 中国有"

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 02:15:43 pm »
Wow, those colours are incredible! Thanks for sharing.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline chen yan

• http://chenyan19851010.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 10:03:19 pm »
Okie rob, Your finacee is stunning with a beautiful smile. I have been to the cavern in Guilin
too, I love to ride the bike there.
Love ,Joy ,Peace~

ttwjr32

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2010, 02:34:00 am »
camel hill in guilin