Author Topic: Every journey starts with the first step......  (Read 12748 times)

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
Every journey starts with the first step......
« on: June 17, 2010, 10:35:56 pm »
Hi all, I have just received my entry visa into China for my trip next month. :)  One year multi-entry valid for 60 days per trip.  No questions and this is my first time to China.  I know that others have said that on their first trip that they only received a one trip visa.  Maybe things are different in Australia?  I do not know, but something for all Aussie brothers to remember.  I have also changed my flights for the trip.  New details 16JUL-06AUG so if anyone is in the Shenzhen area during those times, lets catch up for a meal or whatever.  Make it a double date sort of thing.

Cheers and have a good day. Jason
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

ttwjr32

Re: Every journey starts with the first step......
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 10:50:03 pm »
    Jason,

if you make it to Guangzhou to see anything give us a ring.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 11:01:15 pm »
Glad to hear you got a one year multi entry.  My first was only a 3 month single entry.  Maybe they just don't like us Canadians.  Have a great trip to China, and keep us posted.  Above all, keep your eyes open to everything.  Go in with your eyes wide open.

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 11:30:10 pm »
Hi all, I have just received my entry visa into China for my trip next month. :)  One year multi-entry valid for 60 days per trip.  No questions and this is my first time to China.  I know that others have said that on their first trip that they only received a one trip visa.  Maybe things are different in Australia?  I do not know, but something for all Aussie brothers to remember.  I have also changed my flights for the trip.  New details 16JUL-06AUG so if anyone is in the Shenzhen area during those times, lets catch up for a meal or whatever.  Make it a double date sort of thing.

Cheers and have a good day. Jason

Hey Jason,

It's not necessarily a visa issue.  For example, I didn't apply for a multi-entry visa because I was using all my vacation time in one shot and I was going to the interior of China.  Kind of pointless to get a multi-entry visa when I can only visit once in a 6 to 9 month period.  If I were transiting between China and Hong Kong multiple times, that's a different story.  And I know a lot of guys here are in the same boat.

But at least you got your visa.  That's the important part.  Now just go and enjoy yourself.  And as Martin said, keep your eyes open.

梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline Chong

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 08:39:50 am »
You'll probably need a multi- entry. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Wendy live/work in Hong Kong ???

Offline Carnegie

• Looks like it'll be two weeks in GZ now.
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 02:23:54 pm »
Enjoy the trip!  China's a pretty sweet place to visit and I'd love to go back just as soon as I can.

BTW, it's not about hating Canadians with the visa entry thing.  You can choose, when applying, to have either a multiple entry visa or a single entry.  Next time, I'd like to get a multiple entry to visit Macau and HK.

Offline Jason B

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 07:32:35 pm »
Chong, Wendy works in Hong Kong but lives in Shenzhen, I do not know if I will be going to HK this trip but will be going next time.
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Offline Chong

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 09:55:26 pm »
Chong, Wendy works in Hong Kong but lives in Shenzhen, I do not know if I will be going to HK this trip but will be going next time.

Unless she has a two week vacation and staying in Shenzhen, you'll be going to HK. Why not ? It's only a short bus ride away. I'm sure that she'll want to show you the HK sights ... as well as Shenzhen. IMHO, you'll be a little more comfortable in HK where many people ( i.e. cabbies/ waiters ) speak a little English ... but more expensive.

Have a good trip, keep us updated.

Offline Jason B

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 10:58:35 pm »
Thanks everyone, I will keep everyone updated on my (mis)adventures, will be going in with eyes wide open and camera ready.
Might have to go to HK now this trip, Chong has made it sound like a day outing, was not sure that I wanted to go this time, but what the hey!  If I'm going to China live it love it I suppose.

ttwjr32

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2010, 09:03:21 pm »
you would enjoy hong kong during the day while your lady works so i
recomend it at least 2 or 3 days   just a thought

Offline Jason B

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2010, 09:19:14 pm »
you would enjoy hong kong during the day while your lady works so i
recomend it at least 2 or 3 days   just a thought

I think that will have to be on the agenda now as I have extended my trip by 10 days and Wendy has only got holidays for the original portion of my trip.

Now another question for the folk who know.....I am taking my laptop with me.  To down load my photos to so I do not fill up the memory card too fast but I also want to post my (mis)adventures onto here.  What website or way around Chinese filters do people who live in China use?

thanks in advance Jason

ttwjr32

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2010, 09:21:15 pm »
ninja cloak has worked for me             www.ninjacloak.com

Offline Buzz

• XiuRu Zhang
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2010, 06:02:24 am »
from someone who just got back, and will be going back soon.  forget the daily updates.  concentrate on your lady and her needs.  time with your lady is very precious,  you will have plenty of time back home to do the computer updates.  what you won't have back home is your lady.  for me it was a very easy choice, computer vs. wife.   wife won every time.  just got word that guangzhou embassy has sent out the letter for the last bit of paperwork.  my lawyer has already filled out the forms, my wife got the police report today.  will send out on monday.  so we are getting ready for the 16 hour plane ride from new york to hong kong (again).

Offline Jason B

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2010, 06:19:03 am »
forget the daily updates.  concentrate on your lady and her needs.  time with your lady is very precious,  you will have plenty of time back home to do the computer updates.  what you won't have back home is your lady.

Buzz, firstly congratulations and I sincerely hope that you have a smooth journey with your wife and visas etc.

Maybe I will just write a diary of my time there and post when I get back.  Time with Wendy is the priority of my trip and my entire focus.  We have so much to work out, not only getting engaged (plan on getting married when I move to China, hopefully before years end),  but sorting out work and housing arrangements etc. then going back home selling everything here and then moving again.  Exciting times ahead for sure so updates will definitely be on the back burner sorry guys.  But I will contribute what I can when I can.

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2010, 06:40:27 am »
Hey Jason , you have not updated your countdown , still on 15 days ha , yes you have your priorities correct , but yell for help when you need it , regards Robert and Yo .

Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info