Author Topic: Every journey starts with the first step......  (Read 12741 times)

ttwjr32

Re: Every journey starts with the first step......
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2010, 07:33:45 pm »
 Jason-- the time goes to fast dont worry about the updates when you get back you can tell us all about it and dont forget
             the pictures.  and from one who sold everything to move here its never to early to start i took about 3 months to sell
             everything including the house and i wish i had a few more months. now i will go back this year with my wife who got
             a 1 year b/1 b/2 visa with multiple entries they now combine these two visas and we will have to finish up selling all the
             stuff i didnt sell that filled up my moms garage at her house.

Buzz-- wow congratulations on the process and how it is going. looks like the time is finally coming to an end for the two of
            you. thats terrific.we wish you the best Sara and I  for a quick final resulution to your journey

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2010, 12:33:26 am »
Thanks for the advice Ted, I have an appointment with the Real Estate ripoffs today to put my apartment on the market.  The furniture I will give to my sister who is doing it tough at the moment.  Wont make any money out of it though.  No equity in it only bought it 2 years ago.  I will be living with my brother until I move to China hopefully by years end, depending on finishing TESOL course and work visas etc.  Then again I suppose Wendy has to say yes when I ask her to marry me in about 10 days time.
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Offline Jason B

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2010, 06:26:31 am »
OK so now there is only until Thursday to wait until I board my flight.  To say that I am happy and anxious at the same time is an understatement.  I think I have everything completed.  Visa's, tickets, presents, clothes washed (waiting to be ironed, any takers).  Am I missing anything?

For those that have walked the walk before me; any last minute tips on making the time pass without it seeming like it is dragging on forever?

Tomorrow will not be too bad, I have the real estate agents coming to do some pictures for the selling advertisement and then moving to my brothers before I go.  But after that it is just me twiddling my thumbs whilst he is at work and I am on holidays.
Any suggestions welcomed as I am going out of my mind with frustration on waiting.
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

ttwjr32

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2010, 09:02:02 am »
heres a little bit of news for you Jason  wait till you get on the plane it will seem like the longest flight in history
so try and stay awake as long as you can so you can sleep on the plane when coming over here. i always said i would
do that in my flights to china and never did until my last one and it seemed i was only on the plane for a few hours as i
slept most of the 16 hour flight which was direct. i was so busy trying to sell everything that it kept me pretty occupied
before this last trip and i still have a load of crap in my moms garage that we will take care of when we return this year.

not sure when that will be but when we return from Bejing and Boatoa we will start Sara's visa process as we have everything
we need to complete that with the exception of turning it in and waiting for her interview at the consulate. i hope my many visits
there and chatting with the people will help in the decision as i am always courteous and respectful even when we are just having
coffee at the starbucks or the italian resturant near the consulate.

and i have been careful to never ask for any favors just talk about general things with them like politics and living in china

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2010, 10:53:09 am »
All the best of luck Jason , you will enjoy , once you are on the plane in Sydney you will not need a coat till you arrive back , I just take a very light sports jacket as a carryon , so long as you have your Electronic translator close by you you will be fine , also if you can show Wendy what you will be wearing , just in case as all us Whities look similar to them ha ha , safe tri regards Robert and Sujuan [ Yo ] , oh and make sure you have a biro in your pocket to fill in information on the plane before reaching your destination .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

shaun

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2010, 09:10:56 pm »
Jason,

Time just passes slowly unless you have too much to do then it speeds by quickly.  Both times I slept on the airplane like Ted except mine was drug induced.  Unfortunately I got to Shenzhen about 9:30 at night and was wide awake.  Well fortunately for me, unfortunate for Peggy.  She was tired but we managed.

ttwjr32

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2010, 10:00:26 am »
Shaun  youve been in a drug induced state since you met Peggy    hahahahahah

remember the drug store trip lol!!!!!!

shaun

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2010, 05:47:07 pm »
Ted,

When we had breakfast with you a couple of weeks ago we walked past the drug store in question.  What do you think was the first thing she said?  You were ahead of us.  I busted out laughing.  She then asked me if I though you remembered.  I said no I don't think so.  Then she said, You and Ted are always joking with people.  ;D

Funny thing is she will alway remember that store for the rest of her life.  It cracks me up.  I did ask her if she wanted to stop and go in there.  Her answer?  It is a quick and short, No!  ;D
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 10:17:40 pm by shaun »

Paul Todd

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2010, 09:44:53 pm »
Good luck on your trip Jason. Just relax into it and have some fun. You don't need to understand every thing that's going on around you. Trust your lady and enjoy yourselves!

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2010, 10:38:56 pm »
Jason,

Best of luck on your trip. Just try to relax and find something to do while you wait to board the plane. If you are going to propose to her, have you practiced saying it in mandarin? That may take up some time for you. Are you going to keep us posted on your travels?

Dave c
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Offline Jason B

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2010, 01:45:12 am »
Thanks for the kind words guys.  I have taken the blinkers off, eyes are wide open and I am going in without any reservations.  I have even left all thoughts of the Western world behind.   Have reread the 24hr rule (will abbreviate the time as required) to refresh myself and the last thing to pack is this laptop.  Have I forgotten anything?

Jason,
If you are going to propose to her, have you practiced saying it in mandarin?
Dave c

Dave, I think I now have about 3 different ways of saying it.  As long as it does not come out like "I like your dog can I marry it?" I may survive long enough to post my (mis)adventures here.  I intend on keeping a journal everyday of my feelings how I interpret things just to show to Wendy when I move here permanently so that if I can't post will update when I can and everything will be remembered.  Well I will share with you the non important bits anyway.

shaun

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2010, 05:20:10 am »
Jason you will have the time of your life.  Savor every moment you are with her.

ttwjr32

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2010, 10:40:26 am »
Jason  check and double check your translation so it doesnt come out like you dont want to marry her or it comes out
            i never wanted to marry or something else stupid  would take the romance out of it

Offline Jason B

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2010, 07:39:18 pm »
Well that's it guys, I am signing off now and packing away my laptop.  Heading to the airport soon.  I will check in here to see how things are going when I land in Singapore (have a 5 hour layover).  Then it will be posting as opportunities arise.  I know that my 21 days in Shenzhen are going to flyby so postings maybe sparse.   For all those over in China now or heading in the next couple of weeks it would be great to catch up with some brothers and share experiences.  Take care.  Now the real first step is beginning.

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2010, 08:16:30 pm »
Best of luck Jason, have a blast over there.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.