Author Topic: New Year Wedding in the south..cold bride!  (Read 4459 times)

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
New Year Wedding in the south..cold bride!
« on: June 22, 2010, 03:25:35 pm »
We are having our wedding celebration in Sunny's home town next Chinese new year.
Now here is the rub. In central and southern China they don't seem to believe in heating! In the malls the shop assistants wear alpine mountain gear, inside their homes they wear the mountain climbing gear (last February in GZ I can honestly say I was the coldest ever in my life - constant damp driving winds and temperatures around 8-10°C felt colder than sub zero back home with no respite back at the heatingless apartment). I do not understand it but it is what it is.

Sunny sooooo wants to be able to wear a nice pretty white dress but at sub zero that is just not going to be practical.
She says she hasn't been to a wedding before in the winter so doesn't know what to do.
I was thinking some kind of shawl would be the way to go to cover her exposed arms and shoulders? Any of the married guys here have any suggestions?
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline maxx

Re: New Year Wedding in the south..cold bride!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 06:49:38 pm »
Long underwear.Either that or have the wedding further south.Like in Zhongshan,Zhuhai,SHenzhen.Or Waite till it warms up.Then get married.Sunny is going to be changing close 2 or 3 times.So She won't have the dress on for very long.They do have bowl fires that do heat the room up.Either that ore get some portable heaters that you plug into the wall.

Give me a couple of days.I read somewhere on the Internet.Where you could build.Your own room heater.I will have to find the web page again.It sounded real easy.It was based on a chemical reaction.You could make 3 or 4 of those and it should warm the room up.

I went to a winter wedding one time.In a village outside of JiuJiang.Which is central China.The bride just toughed it out with.The rest of the guests.I think she did have a white Shaw.

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 07:25:59 pm »
Irishman,

Average high temperature for GZ is 65 average low is 50 for February. I think if I remember right Ted said it was colder than average there this year. I would go with some sort of heater for the room and have her wear a shawl like Maxx suggested. The long underwear is a good bet too. Just remember that lots of light layers are better than one heavy layer. Maybe concider a white sweater and a shawl.

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Offline Chong

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 09:17:52 pm »
Give me a couple of days.I read somewhere on the Internet.Where you could build.Your own room heater.I will have to find the web page again.It sounded real easy.It was based on a chemical reaction.You could make 3 or 4 of those and it should warm the room up.

HAHAHAHAHAHA ... I swear that you're serious. Too funny. The last thing on Irish's mind is to build chemical reactor heaters. Irish may be able to mix cocktails but I don't know about chemicals. He'll freaking blow up the entire South China.

Okay seriously ... long underwears and a shawl as mentioned above. Receive the guests inside the restaurant as opposed to standing outside which is the norm here in Kaiping. If Sunny's thinking of a shoulderless dress, I would rethink the style.

Paul Todd

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 10:13:04 pm »
First off ,where ever you are going to hold your wedding ceremony make sure it has good heating or don't rent it! During the wedding there will be 3 changes of clothing.One to meet and greet, heavy and hot, I'm talking about the clothes here!. Second is the actual ceremony,a nice white dress is good as the ceremony does not last that long and many many pictures will be taken, Third when you do the tour of the tables, your discretion. If it was anything like my wedding by the time you get to do the rounds of the assembled guests you won't care as you will have your beautiful bride next to you and ....well you can imagine!

Offline maxx

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 12:04:30 am »
Chong what are you worried about.You know the Irish.Are some of the best chemical men in the buissness.They have ben blowing up the Brits for years.So they have had plenty of practice.This thing should be real easy for Irishman.

Offline maxx

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 12:15:00 am »
Irshman the web page is . www.fuellessusa.com/air.html .If you try this thing let me know.I'm kind of curios if it works.If it does work.I will make a couple and give them to my fatherinlaw.If you look at the top left of the screen.It is the second one from the top.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 12:17:27 am by maxx »

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 02:52:23 am »
Thanks guys.
It will be in Sunny's hometown which is near Wuhan. Their tradition in her hometown is to have it at the family home out on the street so heaters are not going to be an option. There are no hotels in her hometown/village. They hire in caterers and have the party on the street. The family home doesn't have heating either (though I am going to buy some in GZ and bring with me while we are staying there). I gues lots of layers and some kind of white shawl will be the order of the day.
Maxx those heater look a bit off the wall, I wonder if they explode eventually!

ttwjr32

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2010, 04:00:18 am »
what about getting one of the event places here to put up an outside tent that you see used in many venues with the
windows and doors in them and you have the tables set up inside it keeps the elements out

at least if he blows up a large area my house is far enough away so i dont need to worry

last year was an unseasonably cold one here i remember for years back coming to Guangzhou in the winter and wearing just shirts outside
no jacket even though the chinese had jackets on

ttwjr32

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2010, 08:53:29 pm »
i think the joyous occasion will make you forget what kind of weather your having

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2010, 11:32:23 am »
hey Irishman...just thought I would let you know...you're gonna freeze your ass off! (just wanted to be supportive)

ttwjr32

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2010, 07:23:01 pm »
nice one Martin  lol!!!!

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2010, 11:44:38 am »
hey Irishman...just thought I would let you know...you're gonna freeze your ass off! (just wanted to be supportive)

Thanks Martin,

Oh what happened your rep all of a sudden?

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2010, 01:22:52 pm »

Thanks Martin,

Oh what happened your rep all of a sudden?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...too funny!

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2010, 01:33:29 pm »
Haha, you, you!!!