Author Topic: Liyan's coming in France  (Read 19053 times)

Offline mustfocus

Re: Liyan's coming in France
« Reply #150 on: October 25, 2010, 10:07:07 am »
Good update Sly.  Glad that Liyan is adapting well.  Hope to see the story continue.

BTW, what is salpicon?  Do you mean scallops?

As for foie gras, translated it's either fattened goose or duck (canard) liver depending on price, region, etc.  ::)
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Arnold

« Reply #151 on: October 25, 2010, 11:43:43 am »
Very nice Restaurant there .. you've picked out . Haha just the View tells one of the Menu Price's .

Mmmh .. the Sea Urchin is the only thing I would not Eat either , unless you like Sea Water and Soap taste .

Fine update Sly , always enjoy them very much . Thanks  ;)

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #152 on: October 25, 2010, 07:00:58 pm »
Great update Sly, sounds like you are living in a wonderful dream, may you never wake up from it!
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #153 on: November 02, 2010, 05:51:57 am »
Good update Sly.  Glad that Liyan is adapting well.  Hope to see the story continue.

BTW, what is salpicon?  Do you mean scallops?

As for foie gras, translated it's either fattened goose or duck (canard) liver depending on price, region, etc.  ::)
Sorry to not have replied before :-s
So, about the "foie gras", it is a very delicious dish.
The goal is to "stuff" geeses and ducks for about 12 days, and then, man kills the geeses and ducks to get a "foie gras", because of its capacity (*10 times its "normal" capacity). But maybe most of you already know about that :$
it is very good to eat, and always served at beginning when having lunch or dinner. (man can eat some for Christmas'day, in family, and also, in any good restaurants). and for sure, the price depends of the restaurant where man will eat some of it, and also, from the "cooking".

About "salpicon", well, it is not scallop. it is a mix of some ingredients, and used for many things (but well, that word is "pure french") :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salpicon

Sorry also to not have replied before.
Those last days,  I had to stay in my parents home, because my grandma became ill ("pneumonia"?), and well, as she is 91 years old, and as my parents were in holidays, it was better to stay with her most of time, even for sleeping. I asked Liyan if she could stay at home with my grandma and she said that yes, there was no problem at all. The doctor came and we had to buy some medicine for my grandma.
by the way, my parents called us and knew my grandma was ill, so they cancelled their 2 weeks holidays, and had only one week where they could visit anyway some cities in south of france.
when they came back home, they saw my grandma is very tired most of time, so we did anything we could to make her have some rest most of time.
Actually, she'll have to go to hospital and have a check-in ("radio control?"), to see if something else can be done to heal her quickly.
Liyan was very happy to be with my grandma, and as my grandma always talked to Liyan in french, Liyan smiled because most of time, she could not understand, but well... she begin to better understand, by now :) even if it is slow, but well, whatever happens, i'm sure she will be very good later about that language :)
I'll post a bit later, to give some other news.
- Let's Rock -