Author Topic: Liyan's coming in France  (Read 19155 times)

Arnold

Re: Liyan's coming in France
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2010, 05:09:41 pm »
It may be the City of Romance , but it's Peple are NOT .. I repeat NOT .. near as friendly ( especially towards foreigner's not
knowing the french language ) as the chinese People . There is only one reason , I would ever go to Paris ( even if it was for free )
that is to visit Sly and Liyan .

ttwjr32

« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2010, 08:36:48 pm »
they arent very freindly towards americans there at all. not all but a vast majority are not
just some observations made while there

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2010, 10:35:53 am »
Hi there :)
Sorry to not have written before, many things to do, visit, talking, and still in the process for the last papers for our wedding to celebrate soon (September, 18th) :)

Well, I will try to update since 2 weeks :)
Liyan is fine and really likes french food, as she likes most of french villages in south of france, some old cities too and... my family :)

In fact, she was introduced to the main part of my family, some uncles, aunties, cousins. They really like her and tried to talk a little bit with her in english :) She was "shy" most of time, also she could not talk in french, even if she is learning.
My parents think she's learning quite good french language and that she could be pretty good to talk in 4 or 5 months if she can go on learning with me.
Actually, she can only talk some little sentences (hello, how are you, thanks, you're welcome, good night, good appetite, glad to meet you, 1=>5, yes, no, i don't know, how much does it cost and some other things, too)
That's just a beginning but well, I can understand that french language is really difficult, because of many things too much different from zhongwen.
In France, we don't say "a dog" for example. Dan shi, man says "un chien", "une chienne", meaning : a male dog, a female dog... that is same for a table, a bus, a car, ... the "a" is always "un" ou "une". In the countries where english is spoken, there is no difference for male dogs or female ones ^^', just "a", that's all.. and in China, there is no "a"... just "dog"... that's all.
So, it is difficult for Liyan to know that in France, man can say that the table is "female" and that the flower is also female, but that the plane is male and the dog can also be male or female. Maybe will she be able to learn about that later... we will see.
But everyday, she is improving her talking and it is very good. Most of time, my parents can anyway understand Liyan, and even my daughter looked at me, one day, when Liyan talked to her a little bit in french "eh Papa, Liyan's talking to me in french!!!!" ^^

The food :
Liyan ate many things from my mama's cooking :) it seems she really likes french food, whatever it can be some local food or not. She also likes croissants, Chong ;-)
She likes the beef, even if she says and I know it is very different from chinese cooking :)
About cheese, she just can eat a little bit, because she doesn't really like it.
She noticed and told me that we have some good wine, and that most of time, in France, people ate "sugar & spicy" food :)

The family :
Liyan really likes my family, from what I've seen and heard :)
One auntie really likes her, and invited her to dance at a party, to dance on ... some valses, tangos :)
I got some videos about it ^^ Liyan was scared and shy because she never danced like that before and because she was scared to walk on my family's foots when dancing :D
But that didn't happen, and ... what a surprize to see that Liyan was pretty good on dancing. My mother really likes her too and also asked her to dance one more dance with her :D
My daughter played with Liyan too, and enjoyed those moments, even if there still is a language barrier between them. But well, that will change soon :)

The shops :
Eheh, we've spent some hours in some few shops, just to look for some shoes for Liyan, whatever it could be shoes for everyday or for... the wedding day :)
We've also looked for a wedding dress :)
And we've found it ^^'
Well, everything was bought during holidays in South of France, and ... even if the dress was not the good size, the woman at the shop arranged it in 3 days :) (at first, the boss was not there when we entered to the shop, but about 20 mins later, the boss came with a friend of her and when the woman asked about the delay for the dress to be "ready, she said that it could be done in 3 days easily ^^)

The process for the papers :
We've close to the end for the papers about wedding :)
Tomorrow or after tomorrow, we need to go to chinese consulate in Paris, to get the "certificat de coutume", and then, just bring it to the town hall :)
On August, 9th, we have an appointment with a notary, and another person, who can translate in chinese for Liyan :) that will be about the wedding contract.

Photos will come soon :)

- Let's Rock -

Arnold

« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2010, 11:06:15 am »
Sly , nice to see Liyan and your Family adjust so well .. it keeps the mind on just making her happy and comfortable in the new Land . Can't wait to see Photo's of it all .

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2010, 11:34:49 am »
Hey Sly,

Great update!  It's interesting to see how she's adapting...  but I wanted to bring up one thing... be careful of any dairy products (cheese or milk) that you introduce to Liyan.  Most orientals (the proportions are shrinking, but it used to be as high as 80%) are lactose intolerant (their bodies can't handle dairy products).  The younger generations are not as bad on this, but it still happens.  Hence there isn't a lot of dairy foods in their diet (I would say HK/Macao has the most due to their european influences).

Just food for thought.  But still, a great start!
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

ttwjr32

« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2010, 01:02:01 pm »
nice update Sly cant wait to see the photos as im sure everyone does

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2010, 03:21:15 pm »
Mon Amie

Just read the full thread, I am sooooooo pleased for you, but then you know this because we have spoke by other means.

Congratulations my friend, I hope  you two will foreever be happy...In the most Romantic city in the world, what vould go wrong?... ;D ;D

Offline ron

« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2010, 07:12:58 pm »
congratulations sly you sound so happy im glad for youhave a wonderful time.                    Ron

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2010, 08:16:16 pm »
Sly, great update.  I am looking forward to more updates especially about the wedding and the updated pictures too.
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Paul Todd

« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2010, 11:10:42 pm »
"sugar & spicy" and all things nice. That's what Chinese girls are made off. Keep up the good work and our best wish's for the years ahead,

Ming zhi, Paul

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2010, 10:25:40 am »
Mostfocus, I have to agree with you about dairy products (milk and cheese). I better understand that, even if sometimes, Liyan can eat just a little bit of that :)

Oh, by the way, many thanks to all of you for your comments :)

today, we got the last papers needed for the wedding, and brought it to town hall :)
Tonight or mingtian, I should have a call from a woman to help to translate for the wedding contract :)

Arnold, as I am reading again your post, I can notice that Liyan says the same about frenchies :)
She says that in China, when man loves someone, he can also offer some gifts, as flowers, perfumes and so many other things. She also says that "romantic" in Paris does not really exist, because she didn't see it, whatever it would be from me or not.
I can not be angry for that :)

Here are some photos we did while in holidays in South of France.
I hope you can like it ^^'

Photo 1 : Liyan and me used a boat with pedals, and it was first time for Liyan :) even if she is scared of water (she never swimmed before), she really enjoyed it and to be with me. I also teached her to swim

Photo 2 : visiting an old village in south of France : Monestiès :)

Photo 3 : Having some fun at home with a baby and some pink glasses ^^'

Photo 4 : 2 princesses for me, what a beautiful moment ^^

Photo 5 : Liyan and my parents, together :) (village : Monesties)

Photo 6 : Liyan in a big park, not so far away from my little home :)

Photo 7 : Town hall from behind, where we will marry in September :)

Photo 8 : Panoramic view of the garden in my parents second house in South of France (the other "little house" is mine, in fact ^^ 3 floors with showing-room, kitchen, living-room, toilets and ... bedroom ^^ )
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 10:55:41 am by Sylvain D »
- Let's Rock -

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2010, 01:04:51 pm »
Thanks Sylvain for sharing the 8 thousand posted words - I can't wait to see more once the wedding day has passed. Best luck in the planning and more wishes for the ceremony day. Just remember it is ...I DO......NOT .....DO I? I understand that sometimes during the excitment of the moment the word order can get reversed  ;D
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Arnold

« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2010, 12:11:50 am »
You .. Sly dog you ! You have really done it now ! Having such a wonderful time with your soon to be Bride .
We both love the Photo's and can not wait for the Wedding ones . I can feel your happy heart from here .

ttwjr32

« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2010, 04:40:14 am »
nice pics Sly

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2010, 07:35:01 am »
Where's love...

That is a bit "difficult" today for me to be in a very happy mood.
Also, it is very difficult to explain how and why.
but I will try to explain, the best I can.

From what I can remember (because I can not access chinalove.com from my workplace), on Liyan's profile, I noticed she was "catholic".
So, yes, I am talking about religion.

I am also catholic. So, I was very happy for that and sometimes, we just talked a bit about churches, but it was very a little bit.
I don't really know anything about religions and difference between catholicism/protestantism and some other ones... (but I can also clearly guess it is VERY different from Jehovah, and buddhism and musulmans)

Yesterday, when i came back from home, Liyan looked at me.
No hug, no kiss .
- Liyan : "Honey, I have a big problem. I think we can not marry"...
- Me : "why????"
- Liyan : "Because.. . I will show you".

And so, she explains me that in fact, she is not "catholic" but "protestant" and, because of that, we can not marry. That the translation can also be "catholic" but in fact, no, it is really "protestant".
I told her that in France, man can also marry in town hall someone who is from different religion, but that, for churches, it was different. The father must give his agreement for the two people to marry in the church, and one of them must also "agree" with the other religion's rules, when marrying in the church.
I tried to talk to Liyan all the best I could about that, but what I have felt is that she doesn't believe me at all.

Since yesterday, all is down...
No hug, no kiss... She even slept on the ground.....
"no sex before we can marry, only soft kisses..."
I am just a bit amazed because everything changed after one year...
Before, we never had problems about all that, and now, she lets me guess that religion is "first place" and that love is "second place". Each day, she is reading the church's book... but I say nothing, and I can not also guess it is "catholic" or "protestant" book. May it be the same in fact...

I guess that sometimes, the language barrier can be very difficult, but when I see "catholic", it is "catholic", not "protestant"...
And she never told me before she was protestant.
When we were into 2 churches in China, I didn't really notice it was "very different".
Maybe some of you can easily guess the differences into a catholic church and into a protestant one...

Well..
I told Liyan I didn't understand many things, because when she was in China, why didn't she talk to a Father about all that, before coming in France and spending so many money????
now, all I can see is that she is at home but that I can hardly touch her or hug her. Even for a kiss.
This morning, I left home to go working, and as she woke up, I told her that we did many things to get married, and that now, I don't really know what to do...
Someone must calll me this week because we'll have an appointment next week with the notary for the famous wedding contract.
And because of what is happening, I don't really know if I must go on or leave it all, just because Liyan doesn't believe me about wedding between 2 persons who are different religion.

I am also very sad because I know I did all my best to make everything working fine and to make Liyan very happy.
But now, all I can see is that it is very difficult to believe in something.

I also hate that someone says me "you have to wait xxx times before you can get it"...
just because if I had it before, why suddenly should it stop now for xxx times and who can say that it could come "back" after xxx times?
To me, maybe is it some "harsh words" but if she was in China yet, somewhere, it would be the same. She's here, in my studio, physically, I mean. But I can not see her love as before...

I am more than disappointed.
I just don't know what to do for Liyan.
- Let's Rock -