Author Topic: Medical Health Coverage For Visiting Ladies  (Read 3811 times)

Offline mustfocus

Re: Medical Health Coverage For Visiting Ladies
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2010, 02:37:11 pm »
Hi Mike,

I had a feeling that was the case (about using traveller's insurance to cover for the short term)... Manulife is the company who owns www.coverme.com.

Thanks for the confirmation.
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline Chong

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2010, 08:46:25 pm »
However, Manulife policy stipulations requires a "return" date on your airfare. Mike ... did you have to state that part when you applied ? What if someone buys a one way ticket to Canada ?

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2010, 10:25:08 pm »
Martin, Chong,

Talked to my step father yesterday. His niece had to re-qualify for OHIP when she came back from living in Thailand. They could not find a policy for coverage for those 3 months. She just lived in a bubble for the 3 months. You may have to just have her come here and just take your chances that nothing happens. If you do this, he suggested that you watch the time of year that she comes here, don't have her come here at the start of cold & flu season... if you cannot find suplemental health coverage. My step father is going to talk to the woman that handles his billing to see if there is anything that she has heard of. I will let you know when I hear anything.

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2010, 10:33:48 pm »
I certainly appreciate this update.  I am still looking into it as well.  Keep us posted.  Thank you.

Offline Chong

ttwjr32

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2010, 07:25:55 pm »
i do believe in the USA they dont have plans like this unless your married and its self pay
but could be wrong

Arnold

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2010, 07:39:26 pm »
Sure glad the prices trop after your 80 . $ 50,000 ( that's for one year coverage ) doesn't get you to much here in Calif . One treatment of the Flow and your on your own .