Author Topic: Question about member on CL official forum  (Read 4230 times)

ttwjr32

Re: Question about member on CL official forum
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2010, 08:05:03 pm »
Arnold,

your right they are not mad just talking  lol!!!!! if and when you see them mad its more like
cornered badgers having it out with each other.

im used to it now and can sleep thru it when im out in public on a bus or subway. oh did i say
sleep?? yes i can take those short naps like the chinese do everywere when im out and about
a 10 minute refreshing nap.

im fortunate though my wife speaks in a low even tone when she talks on the phone or out in public
as does her family. even when she bitches at me it is in a low tone that i have to ask her, what did you say??
so i get bitched at twice  hahahahahaha

Paul Todd

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2010, 10:00:29 pm »
My wife talks very softly to me all the time haha haha, well alright maybe not all the time but that makes it even more scary when she does gets angry with people. I see her change from this quite Chinese lady into this whirlwind of noise and she gets right into peoples faces too. Demure Chinese ladies,think again!

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2010, 11:16:04 pm »
Ted,

The 10 minute naps are called "power naps". As long as you don't miss your stop you will be good to go after one of those. ;D

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2010, 11:29:11 pm »
Loud?  What are you talking about.  I road a bus from Guangzhou to Yingdu.  It was almost 2 hours long.  The bus was full and the man sitting across the isle and one row behind me yelled on his cell phone to different people for two whole hours.  Once I turned around to see why he was yelling he was facing me and looking right at me.  I gave him a dirty look and put one of my fingers in my ear. He turned and faced the other direction.  Once he turned I think he began to talk louder.

The real kicker for me was that Peggy slept right through it.  When I said something to her about it later she said she never heard it.  You just have to put up with the noise.  It is a reality.

Ah, the memories.  :o ;D

Shaun,

Let me know the next time you go to china. I already have about 20 pair of ear plugs in my carry on luggage. I have lots of extra. I can send you several pairs if you want for your next trip. They will help cut down on the noise from all the yelling. Then you can get some sleep with Peggy.  8)

Dave C
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 11:31:04 pm by Bee964 »
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Offline bugeye

• Nothing flash comes to mind
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2010, 12:13:31 am »
.... i was just in Boatou for 4 days .....

Looked and looked and looked.  Cannot find the place on google maps.

Did you mean Baotou in inner mongolia?
During human hunting season, is there a bag limit or is it a catch and release program?

shaun

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2010, 08:40:25 am »
David C,

I had them in my suitcase back in Guangzhou.  It never even crossed my mind that morning to take them until we were into the trip about 30 minutes.   :o

I don't know if I would have made it out the door with them anyway. Peggy would make a good drill Sargent.  She likes to pull and inspection before we exit the room.  She tells me I carry too much in my pockets so she will want to see what I have.  It is actually quite fun because I say no... you know the drill.  The fun part of it is when we are out and she needs something and I have it in my pocket.  I say see, see...  it is a good thing I brought it isn't it.

ttwjr32

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2010, 09:21:52 am »
yes Baotou in inner mongolia is what i meant