Author Topic: As we didn't have enough to worry about ?  (Read 9182 times)

ttwjr32

Re: As we didn't have enough to worry about ?
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2010, 11:16:02 am »
mans foremost foe is HIMSELF    we are slowly destroying ourselves and everything else around us
                                                    above us and under us

Paul Todd

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2010, 10:44:28 pm »
I found this and thought it said a lot about the world we all live in. The attitude of manufacturing workers every where, of which I have been one on occasion and the culture clash as east meets west on the workshop floor. It's not meant to be anti American but more about the stuff we all don't seem to be able to live without. So remember the slogan " 'No more insane flying toys for Western pigs!' next time you go shopping .................................................................

Chinese Factory Worker Can't Believe The Shit He Makes For Americans ( and the rest of us too!)

FENGHUA, CHINA—Chen Hsien, an employee of Fenghua Ningbo Plastic Works Ltd., a plastics factory that manufactures lightweight household items for Western markets, expressed his disbelief Monday over the "sheer amount of shit Americans will buy." "Often, when we're assigned a new order for, say, 'salad shooters,' I will say to myself, 'There's no way that anyone will ever buy these,'" Chen said during his lunch break in an open-air courtyard. "One month later, we will receive an order for the same product, but three times the quantity. How can anyone have a need for such useless shit?"

Chen, 23, who has worked as an injection-mold operator at the factory since it opened in 2006, said he frequently asks himself these questions during his workweek, which exceeds 60 hours and earns him the equivalent of $81."I hear that Americans can buy anything they want, and I believe it, judging from the things I've made for them," Chen said. "And I also hear that, when they no longer want an item, they simply throw it away. So wasteful and contemptible."

Among the items that Chen has helped create are plastic-bag dispensers, microwave omelet cookers, glow-in-the-dark page magnifiers, Christmas-themed file baskets, animal-shaped contact-lens cases, and adhesive-backed wall hooks. "Sometimes, an item the factory produces resembles nothing I've ever seen," Chen said. "One time, we made something that looked like a ladle, but it had holes in its cup and a handle that bent down 90 degrees. The foreman told us that it was a soda-can holder for an automobile. If you are lucky enough to own a car, sit back and enjoy the journey. Save the soda beverage for later."Chen added: "A cup holder is not a necessary thing to own."

Chen expressed similar confusion over the tens of thousands of pineapple corers, plastic eyeshades, toothpick dispensers, and dog pull-toys that he has helped manufacture."Why the demand for so many kitchen gadgets?" Chen said. "I can understand having a good wok, a rice cooker, a tea kettle, a hot plate, some utensils, good china, a teapot with a strainer, and maybe a thermos. But all these extra things—where do the Americans put them? How many times will you use a taco-shell holder? 'Oh, I really need this silverware-drawer sorter or I will have fits.' Shut up, stupid American." Chen added that many of the items break after only a few uses."None are built to last very long," Chen said. "That is probably so the Americans can return to buy more. Not even the badly translated assembly instructions deter them. If I bought a kitchen item that came with such poor Mandarin instructions, I would return the item immediately."

May Gao of the Hong Kong-based labor-advocacy group China Labour Bulletin said complaints like Chen's are common among workers in China's bustling industrial cities."Last week, I took testimony from several young female workers from Shenzhen who said they were locked in a work room for 18 straight hours making inflatable Frisbees," Gao said. "Finally, the girls joined hands on the factory floor and began to chant, 'No more insane flying toys for Western pigs!' They quickly lost their jobs and were ostracized by their families, but the incident was a testament to China's growing disillusionment with producing needless crap for fat-ass foreigners."Continued Gao: "As Chinese manufacturing and foreign investment continue to grow, and more silly novelty products are invented, we can expect to see more of these protests."

In the meantime, Chen continues to stew in bitterness. Though he dislikes his work, competition for manufacturing jobs in Fenghua is stiff and he must support his wife, mother, and 2-year-old son."My cousin Yuen is self-employed," Chen said. "He disassembles old computers that are acquired from overseas and extracts the traces of valuable gold and silver from the circuit boards. He asked me to join him. The work is very toxic, but at least I would not be looking at suction-cup razor holders and jumbo-dice keychains all day."
Chen added: "For now, I must refuse the job. Somehow, the only thing more depressing than making plastic shit for Americans is destroying the plastic shit they send back."
Saying all that I do love this
Now what was I talking about? oh yes, buying useless crap ::)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 11:34:04 pm by Paul Todd »

Vince G

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2010, 11:30:50 pm »
I gave to agree with him? I say the same thing... people buy this crap?

ttwjr32

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2010, 11:41:45 pm »
so i would ascertain that the USA is the only market for these things??? sounds to me like he just
doesnt like the USA and that is his right and his opinion. he does make a living to support his family
from making these items so maybe he just needs to be grateful for that and not put down a country
in specific.

Offline maxx

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2010, 12:44:55 am »
I tend to agree with Ted on this.If the guy doesn't like the job just quit.I heard the other day.Those Chinese coal mines.Are always looking for help.It is the same thing for those woman that protested at the factory.If you don't like the job fined another one.If you don't like the working conditions.In the shitty factory your working in.Then rise up as a unified group of workers.And protest together.Oh my bad.I almost forgot the last time somebody tried to change the Chinese work environment.They got shot or arrested for causing problems.

I think these people need to wake up.And thank thiere god every mourning.That they have a job.A way to support themselves and thiere families.If they think they have it to tough.They can always live on the street.And see how tough it really is.

As far as this article goes.Most people don't know it is bad.Until somebody tells them it is bad.You can think you have the greatest life the greatest job.Then somebody comes along and tells you you have a shitty life a shitty job.Then all of the sudden your life sucks.Your job sucks.Nobody respects you.The neighbors dog hates you.What it all comes down to.Is whoever wrote this article.Thinks he or she.Has a shitty job and a shitty life.So everybody around them.Should be in the same state of mind.

I'm sure whoever wrote this article.Will never be asked to come back to the factories.And do another article.All these kind of articles do is breed hate and discontent.Then production falls off.People missing work rises.If the company doesn't deal with this kind of nonsense.And get rid of the unhappy employee.It can close the factory.Then you have got 800 to 900 people out of work.Just because of the writers righteous indignation.

Without China's huge export market.What do you think would happen.To China's booming economy.It would be like.It was back in the 60's and 70's again.No money no jobs.The Chinese government.Would have a revolution on thiere hands again.And it would have to go back.To the old hard line communist government mentality again.And we have all seen where that got them.And where it got Russia,Cuba,North Korea,Cambodia,Lao,Vietnam.And Burma.

I think they should just smile.And not complain about all the work.The western world gives them.And remember where the money for the food and the clothes.And all the other stuff.Is comming from

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2010, 01:27:50 am »
I tend to agree with Ted on this.If the guy doesn't like the job just quit.I heard the other day.Those Chinese coal mines.Are always looking for help.It is the same thing for those woman that protested at the factory.If you don't like the job fined another one.If you don't like the working conditions.In the shitty factory your working in.Then rise up as a unified group of workers.And protest together.Oh my bad.I almost forgot the last time somebody tried to change the Chinese work environment.They got shot or arrested for causing problems.the food and the clothes.And all the other stuff.Is comming from

I understand that it sometimes happens to those who pronounce such a course in public as Forums!!!!  When is your next visit to China Maxx?

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

ttwjr32

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2010, 04:52:00 am »
Willy what does that mean???? im lost on the comment???? you made to Maxx

Offline maxx

« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2010, 06:42:05 pm »
The wife and kids probably will go in April or May.I probably won't go this year.

ttwjr32

« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2010, 06:53:41 pm »
what part of china will they go to Maxx??? just curious

Offline maxx

« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2010, 12:03:13 am »
Fly into Beijing.Then take the train to JiuJiang.It is about a 12 hour train ride.They will take the night train so they can sleep.

ttwjr32

« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2010, 12:49:59 am »
if they can get the private sleeper much much better

Arnold

« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2010, 12:28:53 am »
Just wondering if anybody knows of this in the US ?

# on your telephone  -

I dialed '0', to check this out, asked the operator,  who confirmed that this was correct
so please pass it on . . . (l also checked out Snopes.com. This is true, and also applies to cell phones!)

PASS ON TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW

I received a telephone call last evening from an individual identifying himself as an AT&T Service Technician (could also be Telus) who was conducting a test on the telephone lines. He stated that to complete the test I should touch nine(9), zero(0), the pound sign (#), and then hang up. Luckily, I was suspicious and refused.   
Upon contacting the telephone company, I was informed that by pushing 90#, you give the requesting individual full access to your telephone line, which enables them to place long distance calls billed to your home phone number.

I was further informed that this scam has been originating from many local jails/prisons   DO NOT press 90# for ANYONE..

The GTE Security Department requested that I share this information with EVERYONE I KNOW.

After checking with Verizon they also said it was true, so do not dial 90# for anyone !!!!!

Vince G

« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2010, 12:41:40 am »
I dialed '0', to check this out, asked the operator,  who confirmed that this was correct
so please pass it on . . . (l also checked out Snopes.com. This is true, and also applies to cell phones!)

Old News and speaking of Snoops, Here's what they really said.....

ttwjr32

« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2010, 04:24:48 am »
thats good one if it is coming out of a prison but the others are probably from everywere

good to know but dont have a house phone in china just cell phones

rockycoon

« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2010, 10:48:27 pm »
First let me say, those were probably not BEANS in that pillow - although they would like you to think so, living so close to a dump, they were more likely
"smart pills" from the mice....lol   :o

and since you were in china (where everything is made anyway) you could have taken the lightbulb down the street and had it repaired.  The rest of them are
probably on a train heading for a dollar store near you....lol lol   ;)

curious though...do the chinese have a dollar store and if so, do they really charge a dollar? hummmm