Expats in Asia > Working In Asia

Interested in teaching in China...

<< < (2/4) > >>

Axiom:
Okay as I am applying for different jobs putting my feelers out...  I just came across an interesting idea....

How much is college in China? is it at least some what affoardable unlike the states? I have a Bachelors already so I might want to take some classes to learn programming (Web Based perferably). Can you audit classes?

The idea of coming to China to teach while simultaneously learning is an interesting one...

ttwjr32:
colleges in China are around 30,000 rmb a year on a slide average

ttwjr32:
the govt subsidized schools are cheaper because they get money from the govt

Paul Todd:

The Chinese government have announced a new drive to encourage residents of Beijing to learn English. The program comes as part of an effort to turn Beijing into a “world city” that welcomes foreign visitors, especially English-speaking visitors.The Chinese government’s plan to improve English fluency in the city consists of 5 parts:

- Toddlers will begin learning the language in kindergarten, to better prepare them for more advanced classes in later grades.
- Every public servant under the age of 40 with a college degree must learn 1000 English sentences.
- By 2015, all government employees must learn at least 100 English sentences, whether they have a college degree or not.
- 60% of service employees, like waiters and hairdressers, must pass English tests covering vocabulary related to their jobs.
- By 2015, a certain number of guides in each museum in the city must be proficient in English as well.

The drive demonstrates the dramatic changes that China has undergone in the past few decades and how its focus in world affairs has shifted.
According to China Daily, Beijing isn’t the only city in which the government is pushing its citizens to learn English.  The city of Shanghai just started an 8-year-long program to help its officials become proficient in English. X’ian is also planning to encourage residents to learn English.

Lots of work here! ;D

Willy The Londoner:

--- Quote from: ttwjr32 on August 01, 2010, 11:51:01 am ---the govt subsidized schools are cheaper because they get money from the govt

--- End quote ---

Wow that is quite a revelation Ted.  Govt Subsidized Schools getting money from Govt!!!!

Willy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version