Author Topic: here we go again  (Read 1247 times)

ttwjr32

here we go again
« on: August 22, 2010, 08:10:17 am »
you would think that maybe this would have stopped but until they place some kind of controls on
food safety here i guess the quest for the almighty yaun is more important than peoples safety. and
the health safety minister just last sunday found nothing :o

China has seized more than 100 tonnes of melamine-contaminated milk powder in its northern provinces, state media says.

A total of 103 tonnes of milk powder from four dairy brands in Hebei, Shanxi and Tianjin provinces were found to be laced with the industrial chemical melamine, in the latest case of food safety problems in the world's most populous country.

Authorities have detained 41 suspects in the case.

In July, samples of milk powder found in north-western provinces Gansu and Qinghai had levels of the chemical melamine up to 500 times beyond the permitted limit.

The Xinhua news agency says more than 124 tonnes of the milk powder in Qinghai have been seized since then and six people have been arrested.

In 2008, melamine in Chinese milk powder, which caused the deaths of at least six children and made nearly 300,000 children ill, sparked global and national outrage.

Melamine is an industrial chemical added to milk to fool inspectors by giving a misleadingly high protein level test reading.

Last Sunday, China's health ministry said that it had found no evidence of contamination in milk powder after reports said it had caused baby girls to show signs of premature sexual development.

- Reuters

Scottish_Rob

Re: here we go again
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 08:57:37 am »
Ted I'm taking a couple of boxes of powdered milk over next week, you think this will be ok going through customs?

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 06:03:29 pm »
it's all about corruption.  Anything and anyone can be bought.  Corruption is part of the culture.  All you need is a big enough red envelope.  http://chinadigitaltimes.net/china/media-corruption/
...as irresistible as chocolate

ttwjr32

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 06:23:57 pm »
Rob--- yes you will be able to take it thru customs. no problem as long as it is sealed

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 01:24:08 am »
Ted I'm taking a couple of boxes of powdered milk over next week, you think this will be ok going through customs?

Anything that is a whitish powdery substance is suspicious to all customs whether China or any other. It will show up on the scams as being organic.

But why the hell are you taking Milk Powder to China.

Are you not on solids yet!!!!!!!!  ;D
Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

ttwjr32

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 04:50:29 am »
Willy i dont think Rob is on a liquid diet like you  he is not that old yet   hahahaha

his girl probably wants it because if and when you buy that crap here its like playing craps in vegas
you just roll with it and hope you dont get the bad stuff that the companies contiminate to make an
extra yuan or two

pretty disgusting almost kill your own for money and before anyone tells me about how safe and unsafe it
is in the USA at least we dont contaminate our food supply for money.

did you know in guangdong county the hot dogs and sausages were being made with some of the diseased
pigs????? till they caught them   

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010, 04:41:32 pm »
Thanks Guys
They are still unopened and in their boxex, Sophie mentioned to me about the milk contanination, so thought I should take some for the Mother... ;D ;D  Sophie drinks soya milk, and I don't take any milk...