Author Topic: Here I go again...  (Read 53767 times)

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
Re: Here I go again...
« Reply #255 on: October 26, 2010, 03:39:43 am »
Robert James !!!!

Read my PM...and read it CAREFULLY !!!!!

David

Offline ttwjr32

« Reply #256 on: October 26, 2010, 04:25:18 am »
Rob,

Read Davids PM and quit feeling sorry for yourself!! Pick yourself up and move on. Remember
when one door closes another one opens!! Everyone has a time when things dont go right but
you just need to challenge the challenge!!!

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #257 on: October 27, 2010, 03:38:40 pm »
Hello guys
Firstly thank you for the Pm's and messages...    Tne thing about me is "I MAY BE DOWN AT THIS MOMENT, BUT, I AM NOT OUT!!!"  I want to tell you about this whole thing....so here goes... :D

Before I went to China, I was saving up as best I could, being on the sickness benifit in the uk.  Possibly like the rest of the Western world, you do not get paid much, so you will probably understand what I'm talking about.  Me and Sopie spoke for a few months, as you all know, but it got to the stage were she thought I was not going to visit her.  I explained the money situation to her but it did not seem to 'sink' in.  Anyway, she told me that if I did not go there within a certain time, there was a good chance that i would lose her!!!  She looked absolutely gorgeous too me and there was no way i was going to pass up tis opportunity.  My 'Sponsor' got in touch with me and offered to pay for my flight, at first I refused (I think that's right mate wasnt it?), but then it got offered again, which I accepted...

Just before I left, my 'washing machine' sprang a leak.  So I thought, not to worry, the kids can get it sorted while I'm away.  So off I go on my adventure.  In my mind there was the stress of hopefully changing the mothers and families mind abot her choice of partner.  Once I got into Qingdao, there was the worry, 'WOULD she really be there to meet me?  For the first 5 weeks everything was good between us, a couple of little niggly things to sort out, for example, the 'feeding' when you've had enough, and the not listening/hearing to what is being said.

While I was there ALMOST daily I would receive texts from home from the kids saying things like, 'he done thise.....she done this!..... dad gonna tell him/her!!!....  Then there where the phone calls fom them.  On top of this, there was the texts and phone calls from the neighbours and friends telling me, my daughters dog was barking all night, or gonna get them to turn the music down etc etc etc...

You already heard the story about me and Sophie - about the Single certificate and going to the wrong place.  Once we got to Beijiing to get the certificate, the next day we got the certificate paid, and I got refused to withdraw money from my account.  which was sorted when we got back to Zhucheng.

Sophie had gotten the place where we lived, so we did not have to stay at her moms.  We had no television, no radio, the only time I could listen to music was through the earphones on the computer, and you all know how 'old' 'bad' my machine is hehe  I did not like ALL the food, I did not understand the language, no one to speak too, Sophie was at work all day.  We had no hot water, no shower, no proper cooking facilities.  So maybe now you will understand my earlier post about missing the Western way of life.

The night before I was to fly back, she 'talked' me out of coming, so I ripped the ticket. Well you know this story.  The next morning once I had woken up, the ticket pieces had been taken out of the bin and put into the drawer, Sophie contacted me through yahoo and told me it was there.  For a couple of days, all that was being said to me was, 'you should go back to Scotland for your kids.  By this time it was too late.

The day I left you know the story and about Beijing. and the Brittish Embassy.  What I never told you was this part.  Once the train reached Weifang on the way back to Zhucheng, I inquired about the cost of the bus ticket, I did not have enough money on me.  It was 06.30 am so i went and looked for the Bank of China, I knew I had 45 rmb in my account, so I assumed I would be able to withdraw it over the counter....Once the bank opened at 09.00am I went in, and spoke to one of the managers, upshot, I could NOT withdraw that amount.  So I was 'Stuck', I wandered the streets for an hour thinking of my options.  I eventually saw someone using their phone, so I asked if I could phone Sophie, after explaining my position to them, they agreed.  So i phoned her, she told me to wait ther she would be a couple of hours.  Once I put the phone down I was speaking to this person and Sophie rang back, this women spoke to her for a few minutes and then as i was leaving, she pushed the phone towards me saying it was for me.  It was Sophie, she asked me WHO this woman was and then said again to wait for her.   

About 2 hours later, Sophie turned up.  Her ONLY concern was how I was!!  Was I tired? was I hungry?  Nothing else mattered to her as long as I was ok.  We went and got the bus, and it was here she told me that her mom was very angry at her...NOT ME!!! BUT HER..THIS I will never understand.  But because she was so angry Sophie decided that her mother no longer approved, so we had to finish it, and she was moving back to her moms house on the 31st October.  This was when i got onto the brotherhood for help I think.  Not sure, my head is still not with it.  On hearing what the brothers had said, I REALLY started to panic then.

For the next couple of days there was a tention in the house - to be expected after what i done.  The third day, Sophie done what I knew she needed to do, she broke down (I hadn't stopped, everything was going through my head).  NOW I AM NOT SAYING THIS TO GET SYMPATHY OR ANYONE TO TAKE MY SIDE, AFTER WHAT I HAD DONE, I DESERVED EVERYTHING I GOT.

The morning I was leaving, Sophie left to go to work and just said to "Bye Rob" and walked out the door.  I walked to the window to watch her walking away, and 5 minutes past and she still had not been seen.  A few minutes later, there was a knock on the door, I answered it, it was Sphie, we BOTH fll into each others arms and cried, then kissed and cried some more, then she left.  As I watched her walking away my heart was tearing i saw her turn round 3 times to look for me, all I could do was wave and blow kisses.  That was my LAST view of her.  15 minutes later, I locked the door and went for the taxi

The following morning after spending the night in the airport, I was still rather upset, knowing what I had done.  I went to the information desk to see about my ticket, I was sent to 4 different sections, at each one I was told, 'No Sir, your section is L, F, C, H.  After going to H and was being sent to section B, I went for a smoke.  I stood outside and started talking to myself, I said "If I have fucked up, this thing about the ticket, i am just going to jump off here", it was about 150 metres high.  When I went to the desk, i threw my laptop down in anger but everything was ok at this section, and I got back.

Once back in Barrow and after speaking to my son, I plugged the computer in, guess what, the screen has cracked, so i am using only less than half of it right now.  The next day, I used the washing machine, it was only a little leak before I though.  once it started and was going, the drum split and flooded the place.  After i mopped it up I went for a walk to clear my head.

Once back I prepared the dinner and put it on, went into the living room too check the football results and heard a BANG.  The cooker blew up.  NOW I KNOW THIS SOUNDS UNBELIEVABLE.  I SWEAR ON ALL THAT IS HOLY AND MY GRANDCHILDRENS LIFES, THIS REALLY HAPPENED.

If I was to jump from the highest tower in the world, to try and commit suicide, with my luck, I would land on a mattress.  Today I went to the doctors, she is going to sort me out.  So for the next few weeks, I may not be in here as often, so don't worry.  It WILL take time for me to heal..

Concerning Sophie, Nothing is over until the fat lady sings, I am not giving up this easy...If I am right, things may work out given time..
See you later guys...

Arnold

« Reply #258 on: October 27, 2010, 07:04:51 pm »
Thanks Rob ! We all appreciate I'm sure your Explaination of this difficult to handle Trip of your's , but do hope this could still be coming to a worthwhile and happy ending .

Paul Todd

« Reply #259 on: October 27, 2010, 09:13:04 pm »
Rob,

My father always used to say that sunshine follows the rain, better days ahead ;)

Offline shaun

« Reply #260 on: October 27, 2010, 10:10:02 pm »
Rob, we all have good days and bad days, good trips and bad trips.  I hope that you have good days to report from now on.  May all of your good days be more than your bad days.

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #261 on: October 27, 2010, 11:11:52 pm »
Rob,

I too hope that things will turn around for you now. We all have made mistakes in our lives. This is how we learn during our lives.

As an additional note, when I was in Singapore I got a phone call from home. It was from one of my 23 year old daughters. (I have twin girls) They were fighting over a belt! She wanted me to make her sister give it back to her. I just asked her what did she expect me to do from the other side of the planet. Kids eah?

I hope that you have better days ahead. Just take everything one step at a time.

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Offline daghoi

« Reply #262 on: October 28, 2010, 04:42:36 am »
Hi Rob.

Just want to say that i hope things turn to the better for you. Try to stay focused and you will make the future good for yourselv and the people close to you.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #263 on: November 05, 2010, 06:12:43 am »
Hi guys.

Thanks for the words they mean a lot to me...

Those I contacted through Pm, thanks for your ears :D :D

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #264 on: November 09, 2010, 10:58:31 pm »
Ok guys

Well I have not been coming in as often as I usually do.  Basically I wanted to get my head sorted..

There has been some developments with Sophie and I...

As you can probably imagine, things were really awkward once I got back.  Once I got back, I received a message on Yahoo from her, and we spoke for a little while.  But this was just to make sure I arrived safely...

For a few days there was no contact from her...then she sent me a text saying hat she had promised her family, she would no longer contact me, which is understandable... :(

However, for the last 5 or 6 days she has contacted me and we have spoken every night (UK time), these chats have not been for the length of time we used to talk, but it's better than nothing.  I should be grateful that she is even talking to me.

I have had private PM's with a couple of you guys so you know the script..  Well the developments were, firstly we were finished, then we are not finished, she wont marry me in china, but she will marry me in the uk..  And now it's reversed again.  Also that she wants to come here to visit, and try to get work, because in her eyes, 'She could 'ADAPT' to our way of life'.  I feel like I am the luckiest guy on the planet, considering :o

Tonight we spoke at length, and 'ironed' a few things out.
 ;D ;D ;D   

ADDED

As a good friend of mine pointed out to me.  Marriage although (that's the ultimate goal) is better NOT being on the agenda RIGHT NOW.  He is right, I should prioritise and focus on winning her trust again, and being there for her when needed. 
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 10:23:29 am by Scottish_Rob »

Offline shaun

« Reply #265 on: November 09, 2010, 11:41:58 pm »
That is good to hear Rob.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #266 on: November 17, 2010, 09:02:06 pm »
Hello...This is Scott..

I have come on here to find out what has happened or has been said to my dad.

Since he came back from China, he has never been the same person?  He has been very depressed and kept mentioning to us, something about losing his friends on here.  Tonight I also found out that him and Sophie are also finished.  I found her message on the computer.

Tonight when I came up to visit him, I found him lying on the floor.  I have taken him to hospital where they pumped his tummy.

I knew about this place here where he posts so I thought you should all know, because he was always on this site..

Scott

I will let you know if there are any changes

Offline shaun

« Reply #267 on: November 17, 2010, 10:31:38 pm »
Scott,

I am really sad to hear this.  I do not think he has lost friends here.  He may have perceived that he lost a couple of them but there was a lot happening when he ran into his problems in China.  Of course I am in America and can't even begin to perceive all that he has been going through but with all of the ups and downs and stress that it became overwhelming at times.

I hope he will be OK and if so let him know first that many of us will pray for him and secondly he does have friends here who are concerned.

Thanks for writing and letting us know Scott,

Shaun
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 11:06:00 pm by shaun »

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #268 on: November 18, 2010, 12:59:55 pm »
Guys, sorry Scott got his information wrong...

He did find me on the floor, but I did not take anything...He assumed that I had done. It was something to do with my heart angina.  I fainted and was out for ages...  He told the doctor the pill tub was empty and they flushed out my stomach.  they would not listen to me that nothing was taken... :(

Sorry for the confusion..

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #269 on: November 18, 2010, 01:31:21 pm »
Hey Rob,

Glad to hear that you're ok.  Fainting is never a good thing, especially when you've got people who care for you.

I do have one question.  You guys buy medicine by the tub?  Or is that just how you guys describe your pill bottles?  To me, a tub (or pills) is akin to a small pail... something that could contain more than a year's worth of medicine of most types.

Feel better!
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen