Author Topic: Here I go again...  (Read 53625 times)

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
Re: Here I go again...
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2010, 06:24:02 am »
Thank God your there.  At least you will not be pestering me at 7am every morning!

Just kidding Rob.   ?    or was I?

Yes - and I expect to get your new phone number soon.

Willy

Do not be concerned about Noisy kids. They were excited as they thought you were their new class mate.
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

ttwjr32

« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2010, 10:43:17 am »
Rob,

i dont think Willy was kidding about the early morning phone calls.  no he probably was because i
dont answer his calls till after 10 am and i have had my coffee so i could understand clearly his
spoken english ::) ::) ::)

well i hope it all works out for you this time and sont mind the kids  just makes you want to have a few
more right :o :o :o

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2010, 10:02:04 pm »
A good read Rob, keep the updates coming as you can.  Screaming kids, I bet you wanted to give them a good old back hander and then their parents for letting them be little tossers, I would have felt like that anyhow.  I also know what you mean about waiting at home and getting bored and going for a walk whilst the boss is at work.

Jason YOU are so right, you dont think any kid could be a so obnoxious, but these little brats were... truly...Grr.  Yes The waiting is boring so I go out and about, I must have walked for about 10 miles yesterday, and then again this morning....

Yeah Ted I know what you mean, silly accent of his... ;D ;D

Last night after dinner we took a leisurely stroll... :o, We went to a park, where the buildings are old fashioned, we are going back there on Sunday so will get some pictures...Once we had been around the park, we were off again on our travels, (another 5 miles ???).  We get to this street where there is a band playing, and some sort of show.  I could not understand a thing but lots of things made me laugh about it.  there was a parade of wedding gear, dresses and suits etc, and of course we choose one of each.. ;)  It is amazing to think that these shows do not happen very much in England, but here they seem like they happen all the time...The lights on the buyildings and scenary is breathtaking...

There was this sketch of a family., the mother, naughty son and father.  Well guys it was hilerious, the son was getting shouted at by the mother.  He in turn started shouting at the father.  The father kicked him up the jacksy, then the mother turned on the father.  I could not stop laughing, as I said even though I could not understand a word...  Once this was over we headed home.  (when I started here I was 4.9, I think I may have shrunk!!!)

We got into the house pretty late, but still Sophie done a washing BY HAND !!!.  I know now that the western way of life is so EASY compared to these people.  They strive for every last yuan, and will try their best to make you as happy as possible.  What a humbling experience :)

The place we are living is on School grounds, at 6am I hear the kids start to come into school, once it starts, all they ever seem to do is MARCH.  I think this is either EXERCISE, or more than likely ARMY.  But I think the Chinese believe that a healthy body makes a healthy mind... I have made a few friends, everyone wants to talk, I think I am the only westerner in Zhucheng, so EVERYONE stares..hahah.

Ok guys will update later. need to go and do something for luch for my baby.. :D
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 10:07:20 pm by Scottish_Rob »

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2010, 10:56:36 pm »
Thanks for the wee bit of words on your journey Rob  ;) . Your story telling is growing in leaps and bounds. I can tell by the easy strolling of your words that this trip has been so far more enjoyable for you. I still have yet to experience the squat toilets but I am wondering, you being Scottish and all, wouldn't wearing a kilt make it easier to go to the loo - you wouldn't need to get your body all off-kiltered  ;D

Anyways enjoy the rest of your trip and I wish you good success on finding a teaching job, and more so, with the tugging of your heart strings.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

ttwjr32

« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2010, 04:29:14 am »
be careful outside when school is in they might think you escaped  hahahahah

Offline shaun

« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2010, 05:51:21 pm »
Great to read the update Rob.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2010, 07:48:50 pm »
Thanks for the wee bit of words on your journey Rob  ;) . Your story telling is growing in leaps and bounds. I can tell by the easy strolling of your words that this trip has been so far more enjoyable for you. I still have yet to experience the squat toilets but I am wondering, you being Scottish and all, wouldn't wearing a kilt make it easier to go to the loo - you wouldn't need to get your body all off-kiltered  ;D

Anyways enjoy the rest of your trip and I wish you good success on finding a teaching job, and more so, with the tugging of your heart strings.

Yes mate so much easier with a kilt on...And you are 100% right about this trip being more enjoyable ;D

quote author=ttwjr32 link=topic=2546.msg44266#msg44266 date=1283416154]
be careful outside when school is in they might think you escaped  hahahahah
[/quote]

I know mate, I gotta keep looking over my shoulder so I don't get nicked...hahaha

Ok, so last night it was raining cats and dogs, Sophie was out away to her mom's to collect Peter, so I just played some music to while the hour away.  Anyway they come back, Peter charges through the door shouting "Hello Rob' really excited, which for me was good news, later on we had a good old natter using translators, so all is good... :D

Sophie comes in 5 minutes after Peter, tells me to put my shoes on we were going out!!!..I pick up MY trainers and she say's to me "Bu", she precedes to point to Peters shoes 'thinking' they were mine, hahah we had a giggle at this...So I get ready and we head out. we go to the supermarket.  Once I knew where we were, I thought maybe it was for some food for the next days breakfast and dinner...!!!

Stupid Scotsman I was TOTALLY way off... :o I took a basket and like a little puppy (woof woof) followed her about the shop.  She picked up new slippers for me, then it was onto light socks, then new shoes, and finally a pair of shorts all for me.  These shorts LOOK like they are long trousers on me hahaha..  I'm now thinking, thank God I put some money in my pocket before I came out :o...We do some other shopping (food) get to the counter and she pays for them all !! how nice was that!!!..I offered to pay it back but got a stern look from her... ;D

She still wont allow me to buy her anything when I'm with her, so I bought her a nice cuddly teddy when out shopping myself ;D  Today it is bucketing down again :(  But I will still go ouit and about, no one ever died of the rain (well not many :o) hahaha
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 01:13:23 am by Scottish_Rob »

ttwjr32

« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2010, 10:58:27 pm »
Rob,

have you been wearing the sa,me socks and shorts since you have been there????  hahahahaha

so have you looked into any teaching positions ??  or tutoring options??  you do know you can set
all that up and get married and change your visa to a L visa for 6 months or a year

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2010, 01:10:48 am »
Rob,

have you been wearing the sa,me socks and shorts since you have been there????  hahahahaha

so have you looked into any teaching positions ??  or tutoring options??  you do know you can set
all that up and get married and change your visa to a L visa for 6 months or a year

WHAT...... you mean your supposed to change both socks AND............ short? :o...Oh bloody hell, the 2 pair of socks WON'T last me the 6 weeks then?....hahahahah

Going to start looking in earnest from Monday mate, have taken note of where the schools are, that's what I been doing on my walkabouts...

Today when I got back in, 3 of the school guards asked me if I would teach them... :D, at least it's a start... :)

ttwjr32

« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2010, 02:07:48 am »
thats a good start  remember 150 to 200 per hour

Paul Todd

« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2010, 06:39:26 am »
Let's not forget that working here on an L visa is against the law of the land. Look for a job that will give you a Z visa and then freelance, why take the risk? Too much to lose if your planing on living here.

ttwjr32

« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2010, 06:51:02 am »
 true but he could get it converted if he lands something, but with school started might
 have to wait for next term

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2010, 08:40:30 am »
Let's not forget that working here on an L visa is against the law of the land. Look for a job that will give you a Z visa and then freelance, why take the risk? Too much to lose if your planing on living here.

Just remember Rob I have had my second surprise visit by the Police so be on your toes. If they come knocking at your door.  Put on a silly face (you know your normal everyday one) open the door, grin and say Mama not here and pretend your going to be sick and ask them to come in to play.  They are not going to want to deal with you and will be down the street before you can say 'can you get the spare chopsticks out my ass'. 

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

ttwjr32

« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2010, 10:17:18 am »
that would work willy

in fact you should have come to the door naked and drooling  oh god now thats a bad thought

Offline ron

« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2010, 01:34:37 pm »
Rob it is really good to see things started off so very good.Enjoy yourself good luck on the teaching jobs and thanks for keeping us posted