Author Topic: Kenny and Linda  (Read 24932 times)

Offline kenny

Kenny and Linda
« on: July 29, 2010, 10:36:22 am »
I wanted to take some time and write a little about what has gone on in my life this spring. I have not posted much since my second trip to China during New Year. I had a great time in China and stayed with Linda’s father for 4 days during my two week stay. I have never seen such poverity in my life but never a more happy family either. Linda’s brother and his wife and daughter and aunt all came and spent much time with us. After the 4 days Linda and I and her daughter Zi Wei traveled to Shenyang for the rest of my two weeks.
During this time we went shoping and explored the city again and of course this gave me a good opportunity to get to know Zi Wei much better. We tried different restaurants but never anything very expensive. Linda is very good with money and I think this comes from living a life without allot of things that most take for granted here. We even took our translator out for dinner one evening at a Korean restaurant. I had a great time with them and leaving as most of you know was very hard.
We had been waiting for the interview date and was told it would be in April most likely. Since the death of Linda’s mother and her father not in to good of shape it had been decided that Zi Wei would come to America with Linda. This made me very happy because I did not like the idea of separating mother and daughter even though I think it is very common. I got back home and in less than a week had some health issues and was put on bed rest. The day I got out of hospital I got email from Laywer and we had got the interview date for March 23 a full month before we expected it and only three weeks from then. Needless to say bed rest was off I had paper work to get sent. My daughter helped me with this thank god, and got everything to the Laywer in time. Linda and Zi Wei went to Guangzou and spent a few days there and passed the interview. I think she felt a little alone there but she received a call from Ted and told me later that it made her feel allot better. (thanks Ted)
Linda had spent two years working in Korea after her divorce to make better money and was asked to provide a police report from the Korean government before they would issue a visa. This became more of a problem than we thought. I called the NVC here and they told me that Korea does not issue that to non residents. We were very worried that maybe this whole relationship was going to be stoped by a fu----- piece of paper. The Laywer was able to contact the Korean Embassy and was able to get the report after a few weeks and the visa’s were given to them of course after another trip to Gaungzou and more expense.
To make a long story short Linda and Zi Wei arrived here on June 27. I went to meet them in Chicago to help them through the Ohara airport and after many delays because of storms we arrived in Indianapolis at about midnight. We were on a different flight than we were booked on so where do you think her bags were at. We waited for the flight to come in that had her bags before we headed home, about 2 hour drive.
Over the last few years my father’s wife has wanted to leave the farm and get a smaller house and he has been trying to get me to come live in the home place but I did not want to move but decided that now might be the time. He bought a home about 3 miles away and when I got back with Linda and Zi Wei, about 5 in the morning started a new life with her, her daughter and a new home. It has been a month now and everything is going great. The house is big and there is a pool in the back. I think Linda is very happy and Zi Wei loves the pool. Linda is the hardest working woman I have ever seen. She seems to do everything she can to make me happy. I feel very lucky to have such a devoted lady in my life and frankly I wander what I did to deserve her.
We have applied for her social security number and hope it gets here this week. Then we will get marriage license and be married as soon as possible. We have a meeting with the school teachers that will have Zi Wei Monday. She will be in the sixth grade and will be at the same school that my daughter teachs first grade. We have already talked about Linda going to school and help out in my daughter’s class room a day or two a week and the sixth grade teachers has said that would help with translating with Zi Wei if they needed her. My daughter has been in contact with the teachers everyday and they are very excited to have a student from China to be in their school. This is a very small farming community and I think this is the first time it has happened. I hope that it will go good for her because I know this is the biggest concern for Linda and her family is Zi Wei’s education. I did not mention this before but Linda’s brother who is a year younger is a head master in the school there. We have talked to them allot through webcam since they have been here.
I wanted to get this wrote and tell of another success story for those reading this forum. I have not been this happy for many years and it get’s better everyday. I will write more later but I should be a married man after ten years alone in just a few weeks. Like I said, I am a very happy man! Thanks to all here for your post’s and the wealth of information on this forum that has made this possible.
Kenny

ttwjr32

Re: Kenny and Linda
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 10:42:45 am »
 Kenny,

very very nice. congrats on everything going well and i wish you all the best of success.
glad my call helped her be a little calm and happy to see that she was granted a visa to go
there.

take care
Ted

Vince G

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 11:04:49 am »
Congrats! Kenny (& Linda) Best of luck to you both. Don't lose touch?

I hope the readers that are doubters, trolls and pessimists, that insist we are a minority, rich old men seeking younger women, that are still stuck at the gate complaining (of emf's & Chnlove) that it wasn't all smooth getting it to this point but it was completed. So all I can say to the others is, na na nana na na   :P

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 11:11:29 am »
A great read Kenny and thanks for sharring with us your success. Sounds like your new family is already fitting in nicely and growing your own special crop. The seeds have been planted so go and grow some more romance.

Also don't be shy and please post some pictures of your bumper harvest  ::)
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Arnold

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 11:45:29 am »
Kenny , one more Person that is very happy for you both here . It's me !! :D :D :D

I have seen your quest and now also see you succeed with a lovely Lady at your side . Congrat's to both of you .

shaun

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 01:51:29 pm »
Wow.  Thank for writing Kenny.  I am struggling to get the applications written.  The struggle is not the application but the language barrier between Peggy and me.  So your story had removed the frustration of the struggle and reminded me of the goal that we all seek.

Great story and Thanks.

Shaun

Offline Buzz

• XiuRu Zhang
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 06:17:01 pm »
Kenny, thanks for sharing your story.  We all want smooth sailing, but it is nice to know that when rough times hit, there is a support system in place to help us all.  I look forward to seeing the two ambassadors in a couple of months.  I wish you all the best.   buzz 

Paul Todd

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2010, 09:29:08 pm »
Hi Kenny,

A big well done to all 3 of you! Another success story! We all know it's not the easiest road to take but if you work together you can make the dream come true. Ming Zhi and I both wish you many happy years together. Every day with these fantastic women is a joy and I'm just like you when I think what have I done to deserve this!

ttwjr32

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 02:59:35 am »
I agree with Paul it is a joy with these ladies everyday even when they get a little cranky.

when Sara gets a little cranky i always tell her  " Ok Chairman Meow"  and she knows then
that she is sounding a little grumpy. lol!!!!!!!!

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 01:46:25 pm »
Kenny great read mate...CONGRATS to the 3 of you...hope you will live a happy and prosperious life... :D

Offline kenny

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 07:32:34 pm »
I read on here the other day that monday the 16th was chinese valtentine's day. I thought i better not forget that so today i went over to town to a little gift shop and bought her a simple planter and a stuffed animal left over from valtentine's day. I brought it home and gave it to her and said happy valtentine's day. She said what, and could not understand what i was saying i had to google it and show her it was today. Linda started laughing and said she didnt even know it was today. I thought i should have just bought some beer but ever since she has had a smile and bragging to her daughter about what i did. Tonight she made supper and when i got up to wash dishes she said no no honey you go watch  tv. So here i am on the computer while she is cleaning up with a smile on her face. Man i am damn glad i didnt buy the beer instead. I never seen a lady that aprecieted (bad spelling) things any more.

Arnold

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2010, 07:59:15 pm »
Hahaha .. well done Kenny .
I'm off work now to buy some Flowers now and surprise my LaoPo coming home . I also send her a E-Mail to her Yahoo Box , so she might expect something already ? A big plus for any of us remembering .

ttwjr32

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2010, 06:22:30 pm »
Arnold,

while your working your online here  hahahaha must be nice

Arnold

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2010, 06:45:16 pm »
Arnold,

while your working your online here  hahahaha must be nice

Yeah .. a lot of times I just leave it on all day , doesn't mean I'm in front of the PC . I do work for my Money . hahahaha

ttwjr32

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2010, 06:56:31 pm »
i used to do that also    ah the good old days  lol