All About China > Marrying A Lady In China

Before the Wedding .

(1/6) > >>

Arnold:
Anybody getting married soon , may I remind and suggest something you Guy's do before hand . That is , if you are able .. write a promise note to your Lady for the big day . This is special and also a custom , as Qing pointed out to me .. when the time got close for us . Your Lady will also write you one , ones she's aware of your's . Just a thought .

Irishman:
Arnold, what on earth is a "promise note" ?
My qin ai de hasn't mentioned anything about this, is this a Shanghai tradition?

maxx:
Arnold that must be a Shanghai custom.Ive never heard of it before.And the 2 chinese weddings I have ben to in China.They didn't have anything like that.

Arnold:
Well now , first it is not uncommon or unusual as you make it out to be . Ever heard of Wedding Vow's ? This is exactly what a promise letter is . Only in China it is written down and read in front each other by the groom and bride . I can not believe ( if going through a wedding company ) nobody has mentioned this to either one of the couple getting married . I have posted Qing's letter to me on my Blog and for those that  have not seen it . ( The post on April 20 '09 )
I thought why not surprise your Lady before the wedding with it and read it either in English or have it translated to Mandarin to have the wedding Party understand it . Both ours were in two languages for our guest's .

Paul Todd:
I asked my wife about this and she said lots of couples do it. She also said it is was becoming more and more popular amongst young people to do this at there weddings now. When I asked why I had never heard of this she just smiled and said because she never told me! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version