Author Topic: Anyone been to Zhangjiajie ?  (Read 977 times)

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
Anyone been to Zhangjiajie ?
« on: August 08, 2010, 08:00:36 pm »
Sunny and I have decided that we are gonna go there on our honeymoon.
I've read a bit about it and it looks really beautiful. Just wondering what you guys that have been there before thought. Any highlights that you would recommend doing  and seeing?
Any things to avoid or be wary of?

Thanks bros.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

ttwjr32

Re: Anyone been to Zhangjiajie ?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 08:14:35 pm »
its a very beautiful area there. take a ride down the Moayan river as that were you'll see different colors on the water from the springs
and it is a trip that is about 15 to 20 miles long but worth it. also the karst formations, mountain scenery and dont forget to climb the 3900
steps to the top of the hill. what a veiw. we took some fruit, bread,water, and stopped to enjoy the views as we climbed  you will enjoy the views. dont forget to take the camera

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 10:24:55 pm »
Irishman, try sending Peter a PM.  I know he went here on his honeymoon.  Here was his trip...http://www.chinaromance.net/index.php?topic=529.0

Offline Philip

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 10:29:12 am »
Hi Irishman,
I went to Zhangjiajie on my honeymoon this April. I wrote about it on my trip to China. It is beautiful. I went on a three day trip, taking in the Yellow Dragon caves, the fantastic cable car ride, walk down from the top, then the riverside walk. Rare trees, wild monkeys and rare birds. We didn't take a boat on the lake, but we didn't have time, but the views and the nature were truly spectacular. We used a Changsha travel agent, went there by bus and it cost 1400 yuan for me and my wife. You can also fly there or take the train. I hope the weather is better for you than it was for us on trhe first day. You really need the sky to be clear to get the best views from the top.