Author Topic: Re: Official Chnlove Forums  (Read 7312 times)

Scottish_Rob

RE: Official Chnlove Forums
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2009, 01:16:38 am »
Quote from: 'mpo4747' pid='2580' dateline='1242009184'

For anyone who wants to meet Jesus, I have news for you, Jesus is alive, and will meet you where ever you are, I talked with him this morning.

if you need help with that, ..... just ask :)

I will be glad to help you talk with him also.

Mike

Well mate I always had strong beliefs as you know coming from a catholic background...........However a few years ago i lost my faith when my little baby niece was taken away through a cot death, (no medical explanation of this is available).  Anyway, the thing I could never get round my head after this was, If there is a God, why does he let people suffer? why does he let young children die? how can he let vile creature roam this world and let bad things happen to innocent people?  The holocaust is a perfect example of when he should have done something.  I am not on a soapbox to down cry anyone who believes, but I will leave you with one thought.  What would you think if it happened to you or your child or family, do you still believe.
Rob

Arnold

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2009, 01:14:31 am »
That brings up a great point . I could have given up after my Wife of 30 years died of Cancer , but instead , it brought me closer to God than ever before , knowing that she is in a better place and she had her hands in me finding my new Wife , halfway around the Globe . You must believe , LOVE never fails / ends after Death .  That is the very reason , I am going to write a Book about all that happened to me , the road and journey I was shown to take to be happy again . All this just didn't happen out of the blue or by coincidences ? Fate / Destiny is a wonderful thing , but you must believe in it , follow it , and it will not let you down for whatever you seeking .

Offline Danny

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2009, 08:00:27 am »
Quote from: 'Arnold' pid='2645' dateline='1242105271'

That brings up a great point . I could have given up after my Wife of 30 years died of Cancer , but instead , it brought me closer to God than ever before , knowing that she is in a better place and she had her hands in me finding my new Wife , halfway around the Globe . You must believe , LOVE never fails / ends after Death .  That is the very reason , I am going to write a Book about all that happened to me , the road and journey I was shown to take to be happy again . All this just didn't happen out of the blue or by coincidences ? Fate / Destiny is a wonderful thing , but you must believe in it , follow it , and it will not let you down for whatever you seeking .

I had faith and lost it.

In my journey I've learned a lot about myself and life itself. I've learned that life is short, that there's a lot of things I don't understand, that I could have done a lot better than I've done, that caring about your friends, family and community is the only way to become happy, things like that.

If I thought religion was the right way for me, I would happily go that way. For the people who have chosen that way, I wish them every success and happiness.

Offline stuart barlow

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2009, 09:17:14 am »
whats religion got to do with chnlove? you ether believe or you don't .i don't think this is the right place for that kind of topic.

Vince G

« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2009, 09:34:35 am »
It came up because there were a few posts in Chnlove making statements of christian chinese women. It's a discussion of what was posted. If the members post about there own beliefs? They are expressing their background so others understand there view. It's a touchy subject as politics is, but none of us have shown hostilely with another? As long as everyone is mature about it? Why not? We get to know and understand each other more.

Martin

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2009, 04:27:37 pm »
I do not want to rain on anyones parade, but I do not think that religion is really following the original thread.  However, you are more than welcome to start a new thread to cover this topic.  While not everyone will be positive about the thread, this is a group of inclusion.  It can also spawn discussion on Christianity and Buddhism.  So please start a new thread...gets less confusing for others who are trying to get specific information.

That is just my 2 cents.:angel:

Offline Danny

« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2009, 05:06:31 am »
Yes, I think a new post would be best of all. I don't think that talk about religion necessarily leads to conflict. Especially when we have in mind each other's best interests, and only wish each other well. So long as the discussion is held in a respectful and considerate fashion, we should be able to talk about whatever we wish. Some people like to talk about cars, others about injuries, getting drunk, and god knows what else *laughs* and that's all fine.