Author Topic: Any bikers here?  (Read 3217 times)

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
Re: Any bikers here?
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2010, 07:06:50 am »
Saw what I thought was a very nice Harley coming up behind me in another lane the other day , but oh no it was what I believe is called a Fatboy , had a v8 in the engine bay , I assume a small block Chev all chromed and tags saying 420 bhp , had a pillion on and when he got baulked by a dickhead he braked then he was gone , but I bet he does not take it out in the rain , regards Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Vince G

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2010, 07:52:59 am »
A Fatboy is a Harley, just one of the models. Here in the US and especially here in Florida there are plenty of bikes. There is even a bike week in Daytona Beach (in March). I've seen that v8 and a load of other custom bikes. I remember back some years one guy had a whole dragon thyme, looked like he had his own little float (as in parade float) going on.

The rain is a good deterrent. I got caught in a few rain storms, it's not fun.

Looking through some online photos here's one I thought a little strange. Hey Irish drive this one to work?

« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 08:04:20 am by Vince G »

Offline maxx

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2010, 06:19:35 pm »
Last price I heard for a fatboy was 50,000 Just for the base model.

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2010, 11:51:33 pm »
I have been farting around with a picture of a bike to put up here but the file size is too big. A custom chopper powered by a 600 hp Viper V-10. That would put a couple bugs in your teeth! I will keep playing with it and see if I can get it up.... post the picture that is.  ;)

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Offline Jimmy

• Soon the Family will be Complete.
  • She Was A Wonderful Wife
    • Jim N Libo
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2010, 07:21:23 am »
I like the Honda Shadow V Twin very cool cruiser Looks good. I have owned 3 over the past 30 years. All of them 1100. Bullet proof super easy to maintain. Runs like a Honda.  Have been thinking I might like another.
Jimmy Henson

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2010, 12:07:12 pm »
Jimmy what mpg did you get on that beast?
The Honda Deauville I linked to earlier is very heavy and from what I've read only does around 50mpg - that's less than my car!
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2010, 12:10:01 pm »
A Fatboy is a Harley, just one of the models. Here in the US and especially here in Florida there are plenty of bikes. There is even a bike week in Daytona Beach (in March). I've seen that v8 and a load of other custom bikes. I remember back some years one guy had a whole dragon thyme, looked like he had his own little float (as in parade float) going on.

The rain is a good deterrent. I got caught in a few rain storms, it's not fun.

Looking through some online photos here's one I thought a little strange. Hey Irish drive this one to work?

Vince I'm all for mods if done well, that thing just looks ridiculous, though I bet the owner is big and hairy and I'd be to scared to tell him that!
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Jimmy

• Soon the Family will be Complete.
  • She Was A Wonderful Wife
    • Jim N Libo
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2010, 05:50:26 am »
Jimmy what mpg did you get on that beast?
The Honda Deauville I linked to earlier is very heavy and from what I've read only does around 50mpg - that's less than my car!

MPG Man I was young and didn't even care, I rode round trip to work everyday about 80 miles. And could ride all week on a tank of gas. Which I think with reserve was like 5.5 gallons. But around 50MPG would be a good estimate. Top end was about 100MPH . I was generally just crusin,  but I think every rider ever got on a bike will run it up at least 1 time just to see what its got. The interceptor I rode for awhile 1 time was enough with that crotch rocket. took half a mile to stop it.
Oh lord to be indestructible again I miss those days.
Jimmy Henson