Author Topic: An Irishmans adventures in China - the best one!  (Read 16084 times)

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
Re: An Irishmans adventures in China - the best one!
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2010, 03:27:21 am »
Saturday September 18th - Return To Wuhan

The bus back to Gongan from Sunny's home village leaves just once a day in the morning so we got up around dawn and Sunny went down to Grandfathers house to say goodbye to him and it seemed pretty much every neighbour on the street was up and about and wanted to say a few words of greeting, this is a real tight-knit community it seems.The uncle that we met last night in our bedroom gave Sunny a little money and his best wished which was nice and as she was talking to him I saw the bus coming.
The road is very slow going so there was no rush to get back to uncles house . They had already brought our bags to the roadside anyhow and we said our good byes ad got onto the bus for Gongan along with Sunny's father.

When we arrived there Sunny's father wanted to get a drum of oil for a relative in Guangzhou - apparently the locally produced oil has a better flavour. Problem was we had all our luggage with us and the road and pavement are in bits so it made carrying them extremely difficult, never mind the 30c+ heat and getting hotter by the minute.
Sunny called a cab and we took it to the oil place where he waited with us until Sunny's father got the oil and he then dropped him off at the bus station for the bus back to Guangzhou for the father and took us to another place where we could get a cheap bus back to Wuhan (70 rmb instead of 100).
It wasn't due for a little while so we had breakfast in a restaurant (well, a food stall with a bunch of seats and tables on the pavement is a better description) by the place the bus was going to stop.

Presently it arrived and we got the bus to Wuhan , with one changeover along the way to got to the specific part of Wuhan wer are staying in this time.

The bus driver didn't exactly inspire confidence - at one point he to a wrong turn in oncoming traffic on the motorway, i kid you not!! He went about 400 meters before he realised his error, by then my terrror levels were set a max!!
Back home this would have let to panic and carnage on the motorway but not here, he just reversed to keep with the traffic flow until there was a gap in the traffic and then did a U turn, no I am not making this up!!

We arrived in Wuhan safely and got checked into a nice hotel and had a little rest then went for a meal in a restaurant near the hotel.
After that we went down to the Yangtze river and walked along it in the moonlight and goofed around for a couple of hours, it was very nice.

Compared to the last few days this was peace and quiet and well needed :)
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2010, 03:58:09 am »
Love that photo of Sunny's home village street , it looks so peaceful , you are certainly having a great time , regards Sujuan and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2010, 06:42:06 am »
Rivetting travel diary Irish....well done, cant wait for next episode.

Can you all imagine the mountain of rules, regulations, permits, hassles and dramas if anybody tried to carry on their rice/cotton/whatever business on your local street verge !!!
The mind boggles......makes you realise that some things in the West, we have got dreadfully wrong !!

David

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2010, 06:34:06 pm »
Fantastic trip log Irishman.  The best one yet!

Offline shaun

« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2010, 07:20:48 pm »
Great story.  I'm glad Peggy wants to marry in the US.  I haven't been reading much on this site so I read it all just now.

Let me see if I have it right.  There are people near Wuhan that think Ronan is Gumby?  ;D

Just kidding again great story and congratz again.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2010, 08:59:34 pm »
Man Ronan, what a trip your having !!! And i don't mean a holiday hahaha

Your stories in china would definetly make the best sellers list..Just kidding mate, congrats to you both from Sophie and I.. :)

Offline JamesM.Roberts

« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2010, 11:29:24 pm »
Dear Ronan, I just wanted to thank you for your posts. They are inspiring, informative and really bring back the memories. I find it amazing that with so much going on, that you can remember so many details. You and Sunny have my best wishes and many thanks!! James
Anyone can pick up an apple off the ground, but the sweeter ones take a little work to get to!!

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #82 on: September 21, 2010, 02:39:10 am »
... They are inspiring, informative and really bring back the memories. I find it amazing that with so much going on, that you can remember so many details. ...

James....Thats what being in love does for you, you remember every little detail... ;D ;D 8)

Offline shaun

« Reply #83 on: September 21, 2010, 05:23:56 am »
Ditto Rob.

This is a great and long expected story.

Paul Todd

« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2010, 02:43:46 am »
Well, I was going to write about Irish's wedding but as the old saying goes a picture says more than a thousand words and in this case I think you'll agree it true.... ;D

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #85 on: September 26, 2010, 04:39:25 am »
Nice pictures Ronan.   I see Ted spilt his beer down his.  Still it added colour to the occasion.   

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Chong

« Reply #86 on: September 26, 2010, 09:21:27 am »
Sorry I missed the occasion. I remember that church, it's a great old  place. Did they show the ceremony on the big screen tv(s) that are on top of the pillars.

Ted ... I thought that there was a dress code ... hahaha

Congrats again Sunny & Irish.

Paul ... what about banquet pics ?

Vince G

« Reply #87 on: September 26, 2010, 09:34:02 am »
I like that last pic, Sunny's all smiles but behind her the guy's expression in the blue shirt? Something like "Where did this guy get this flowered shirt?" ha ha

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2010, 09:40:01 am »
Vince - what he was actually saying was 'that guy in the flowery shirt is worth a fortune. Sold by the kilo that is!!!!!   Or was it - 'Mei mei you see what father christmas brings bad girls'

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Paul Todd

« Reply #89 on: September 27, 2010, 09:34:36 pm »
Vince, the guy in the blue shirt was Sunny's father! No banquet pics I'm afraid but here's some more of the ceremony and that fine shirt of Ted's!